R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-18-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default TA05 - Race Worthy Upgrades

Hi guys,

I am running the TA05 and I am very happy with it !! I'd like to consider some upgrades, however there are so many of them that I need some advise on which ones are necessary to make it race worthy.

1. Shocks
2. Stabilizer
3. Alloy Shock Towers
4. Alloy Motor Mount
5. Alloy Front / Rear Arm Pin mount
6. Teflon BB Set
7. Alloy One Way
8. Alloy C Hubs
9. Alloy Knuckles
10. Graphite Front / Rear Stiffener
11. Alloy Turn Buckles
12. Alloy Center One Way
13. Alloy Center Plate

Your help is appreciated...thanks.

Regards

PS : I run on asphalt.
_shadow_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:11 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by _shadow_ View Post
Hi guys,

I am running the TA05 and I am very happy with it !! I'd like to consider some upgrades, however there are so many of them that I need some advise on which ones are necessary to make it race worthy.

1. Shocks
2. Stabilizer
3. Alloy Shock Towers
4. Alloy Motor Mount
5. Alloy Front / Rear Arm Pin mount
6. Teflon BB Set
7. Alloy One Way
8. Alloy C Hubs
9. Alloy Knuckles
10. Graphite Front / Rear Stiffener
11. Alloy Turn Buckles
12. Alloy Center One Way
13. Alloy Center Plate

Your help is appreciated...thanks.

Regards

PS : I run on asphalt.

You should search the TA05 thread. You'll find your answer...

Here's a little help ---> http://www.rctech.net/forum/search.php?searchid=2886321
Old 08-18-2007, 10:18 PM   #3
Tech Regular

If you want to replace plastics with alloy parts, you'll be adding weight to the car. Where you replace steel with aluminum, you save weight. So, if you seriously want to go faster, you'll eventually have to keep the amount of plastic being replaced by aluminum to a minimum and replace steel with aluminum wherever possible.

TRF shocks and alloy suspension blocks will help with tuning and overall suspension smoothness. I wouldn't say that the stabilizers are absolutely needed; they are nice to have in many cases though.

The woven type of carbon parts will reduce weight and have increased rigidity over the stock plastic parts, but they are not as strong as aluminum parts. The injected carbon parts are stiffer, but not lighter than the stock TA05 plastic, except in the case with the LW chassis because it has extra cut-outs in the structure.

Alloy turnbuckles are far weaker than the stock steel ones or Ti. I prefer to use Ti for turnbuckles and screws because of its compromise between the strength of steel and the light weight of aluminum.

Steel front universals and aluminum-shaft rear universals will improve the strength of your drive train.
HI_808 is offline   Reply With Quote