R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-09-2003, 12:39 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yes..perhaps i am a little bit to critical.
for the suspension, it is now atleast 3 years i see all of its evolution, they changed a lot, but they had always been choosing very complicated solution for the susp.design , it's why i cannot be very objective...did they try something simpler? i can't help thinking they didn't but perhaps i am wrong .
for the trans./batt. pos., i ve just said it was a mix of those 3 cars .
did the engineer explained to one of you the advantages of his creation over the concurence.I am not objective because i never see this car win actually they don't have a real factory driver able to make A-main, but for me it is also a negative point, if they spent so much time and money into the making of this car they should do the same thing for their communication like hiring a good driver, making advertising during the races and in the magazine, especially since PTI is helping them, it is like they did the job half the way(it is a typical french default and it's why i am a little bit sceptic).i know this costs a lot for a small brand like them, but they have to show that they exist (and they can win) .
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 12:44 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

it is perhaps a little bit stupid from me to criticize this car as much...but i need proof...
Old 05-09-2003, 03:13 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

here is what the driver/designer of the evolution2 (asphalte evolution2) said on a french forum, i ran the car at the last national event, but he was unlucky and he broke a part he was enable to replace, sorry for the translation, it is babelfish :

hello, yes it is me which is taken again the project asphalts evo 2 ,thank you for the compliments ! indeed Christophe gave up the project but I will want to rectify some data: _ the transmission has been remade entirely ,it is very hard to get a quasi wheel locking (ABS) and making drive out the car in decceleration, but these thing are correct, it have now a transmission worthy of any car commercial competition, the suspension have not more some play than another car commercial, I say rather the opposite, it be necessary know that all the part in aluminium which one be made on the proto be not forcing in aluminium for the marketing, it be the only material at my disposal, therefore I make with it that I have! as regards the performances I can say to you that on a technical layout it is really well, I do not have anything has to repeat!! for information with the championat of France of Aniche I exploded myself my car with the tests (that ve not to what a say is fragile) a car in the rear end at full speed, I do not know only one car which would have resist, but in short being given that it is a proto not store or spare part to provide the part which is well, if you include/understand me! approximately I passsť my Friday fixing my car is my qualifications one allowed me to set up (knowing that they was my first turn of wheel) that my skill didn't allow to make an equivalent stopwatch thus has the 2nd 30 3rd place the car has a large potential, but I is not caught for a pilot!!I thinks that a good controls would have to place the car much higher than me! but good I cannot do everything. veiled I can answer has all your question in any case I will test esiter not! 06.78.83.15.46 or by mall [email protected]
Old 05-10-2003, 11:16 AM   #19
Tech Adept

How much is the car? Interesting design I to saw it at the RCX expo. stopped by briefly to check it out. Did it have a single belt design?

Of topic the new corally assasin look pretty cool with its single belt set up.
azDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 12:15 PM   #20
Tech Initiate

Utieh & others .

i have seen this car during the french championship (CF A Aniche ) his driver has broken an item , but he arrived to the finish line .

the comportement is very good , i was thinking it should be lower in classement
i forget his place , but this car has a large potential !

(without ad)
LordPWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 02:09 PM   #21
Tech Elite

I think this car looks very interesting. But I would like to hear from persons who have driven it. I would also like to see some kind of explanation of the suspension.
Old 05-11-2003, 02:15 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

the text i translated is from its official driver and actual designer .
perhaps u should ask directly PTI to know how works this suspension
i will try to ask the guy on the french forum

salut LordPWD!
Old 05-11-2003, 03:07 PM   #23
Tech Initiate

salut utieh
LordPWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 11:23 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic

asked to the designer how the suspension work:
rear, a little bit hard to set up but works better than any other cars on bumpy tracks
front, it s not really a mono susp. system: 1 shock but 3 springs, the front is always hooked whenever it s fwd, rwd or awd .
sounds good to me
Old 05-12-2003, 01:27 PM   #25

I never heard of PTI. Is this new company or brand name in Europe and just coming to US?
Aku-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 08:44 PM   #26
Tech Adept

Its hard to tell from the pics is this car a single belt car? Anyone know the price?
azDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 12:41 AM   #27
Tech Fanatic

yes it s a single belt .
PTI is an american brand who makes lexan bodies
Old 05-13-2003, 02:42 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by utieh
asked to the designer how the suspension work:
rear, a little bit hard to set up but works better than any other cars on bumpy tracks
front, it s not really a mono susp. system: 1 shock but 3 springs, the front is always hooked whenever it s fwd, rwd or awd .
sounds good to me
Sorry, but I hoped for a better explanation, but that's not your fault Utieh.

I really think PTI and the disigner will help themselves a lot, if there were more detailed pics of the suspension, on their site. In addition, if there were some schematic diagrams which explained the suspension, it would make a huge difference.

It looks like a revolution, it just need some serious marketing.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:07 AM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Cole Trickle
It looks like a revolution, it just need some serious marketing.

it is what they really lack of...
even in france there is only one team driver, so there is one car that people can try.
the packaging is horrible (the actual trend for high level tc are tiny boxes and minimalist graphics, costs less too)
no advertising, at least they should participate in rc forums like rc tech to promote their products .

never see the car so those are the best explanation i can give
Old 05-14-2003, 03:36 PM   #30
Tech Rookie

You complain they use 3 year old suspension technology (which, from the research Ive done is incorrect, but lets go with it), you probably love your tc3 or generic touring car whose suspension technology is about 5 times older then the Evo. Furthermore I think its foolish for a forum jumper, like Utieh, to criticize someone thats spent years studying suspensions. Is it possible he knows more then you? Or are you just that arrogant.

I sent them an email a few days ago and got a response already, and here are some of the things they said.

-PTI is the company that makes the cars. They do have some bodies, but the tooling and production is going to be done in California. PTI is not helping them, they are not a body maker thats importing them, or anything of the sort. PTI is making the car in conjunction with the designer in france.

- The car is going to be out in about three months. Im not sure, but i think thats probably why they arent showing detailed pictures of the suspension. I would be concerned that a company like associated or hpi would rip off their design. THey have done it in the past, like with tamiya stuff, etc.

-Their driver in france is more of an engineer then a factory driver. I asked why they havent won any races, and they said all the driving thats been done is to test the car to perfection rather then to drive for competition.

The verdict is still out, i havent seen the car work, but I would hope you would be more optimistic then to say "it sucks" without ever seeing it.

And about the box, I dont know if you think before you type, utieh, but have you EVER seen an associated box?

Last edited by dasani racer; 05-14-2003 at 03:45 PM.
dasani racer is offline   Reply With Quote