R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-16-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Bolink TF drag car question and BL question

I have a Bolink Electric Top Fuel car, I was wondering if anybody knows where to get wheels for this thing? It looks like carpet wheels except they're wider and thicker.

2nd question is what is the fastest reasonably priced BL motor setup? Is it the Mamba 7700? Or are there other brands out there that run faster? I don't want to spend thousands of $$ on something like a hacker system, but a few hundred would be ok.
parnelli97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:55 PM   #2
Tech Adept

I think you'll find out that you have seriously over powered the bolink with anything close to a mamba 7700. It is an old design and was never intended for much more that entry level use. It should withstand a mild system on 6-7 cells ok. Team Walbern and Grand motorsports both have rails and other drag cars for high power applications.
losi nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:32 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parnelli97 View Post
I have a Bolink Electric Top Fuel car, I was wondering if anybody knows where to get wheels for this thing? It looks like carpet wheels except they're wider and thicker.

2nd question is what is the fastest reasonably priced BL motor setup? Is it the Mamba 7700? Or are there other brands out there that run faster? I don't want to spend thousands of $$ on something like a hacker system, but a few hundred would be ok.
The bolink is a classic,but some people still use them at the track you can get wheels from Grandmotorsports, team walbern. Grandmotorsports also have the wheel hubs in case you want to use 1/12th scale rear foams. As for brushless set up's alot of guy's this year at the track have been using mamba max set up's and they are running fast but I have seen some guys on the west coast use the novak brushless systems too, Hacker systems are great it all comes down to how fast you want to go and I would say go mamba max because you can program your power band and play with the throttle curve to maximize the power to the ground. I've played with the 7700 mamba max and the 3.5 novak this year and and both run great I also played with hacker brushless back in 2003 and I also had a lpr 3 star set up I played with too, So do some research and decide on how fast you want to go, lipo's are now legal in r/c dragracing in some classes. But if you are going to use cells instead look at the new Trinity EP4200's they have very low IR and high out put in voltage and before you build them you can contact speedpro 1 and he could rezap the cell's so you could have higher voltage. You could find him here on rc tech in the rc dragracing thread. Tell him trjracing sent you and he could also help you with your set up, also I'm here to help you too with your set up if you have any question's feel free to ask. Take Care and Good Luck...