Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Beginner to TA05 Setup >

Beginner to TA05 Setup

Beginner to TA05 Setup

Old 08-14-2007, 10:31 PM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
larlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 364
Default Beginner to TA05 Setup

Hi all,
what is the purpose of all the holes that is shown on the setup sheets
Front
5 holes upper arm position
3 holes damper position
2 holes for the turn bucker attaching to the servo
2 holes for the front arm

Rear
5 holes upper arm position
3 holes damper position
2 holes for the rear upright
2 holes for the rear arm

sorry if i didn't the correct term as i am new to this hobby.
what are the differences in every hole and how can i know the effect and which settings to use.
larlee is offline  
Old 08-14-2007, 11:08 PM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
PitNamedGordie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Highwood, IL
Posts: 1,789
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larlee View Post
Hi all,
what is the purpose of all the holes that is shown on the setup sheets
Front
5 holes upper arm position
3 holes damper position
2 holes for the turn bucker attaching to the servo
2 holes for the front arm

Rear
5 holes upper arm position
3 holes damper position
2 holes for the rear upright
2 holes for the rear arm

sorry if i didn't the correct term as i am new to this hobby.
what are the differences in every hole and how can i know the effect and which settings to use.
The holes allow you change the suspension setup depending on what desired handling you are looking for. It takes skill and experience to learn how to properly setup your car. I have a TA05 and you should use what holes the instructions say. That will get you going and you car will handle pretty well. You can read this forum to help you learn more about setups. If you go to a track I am sure some of the experienced racers can also help you.
PitNamedGordie is offline  
Old 08-15-2007, 02:15 AM
  #3  
Tech Master
 
PizzaDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Parts Unkown
Posts: 1,088
Default

Yeah,

Go with the stock setup.
If you would like to try something else just change the shock oil front to 60wt/rear 40wt and mayb the springs to white front/bleu(or yellow) on the rear.

Try the boxstock setup as a base and after some testing / you got the feel, try the change I suggest as a learning shool.
If anything makes it worse change back.
One step at a time!
PizzaDude is offline  
Old 08-15-2007, 11:40 AM
  #4  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (5)
 
Gus S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 70
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PizzaDude View Post
Yeah,

Go with the stock setup.
If you would like to try something else just change the shock oil front to 60wt/rear 40wt and mayb the springs to white front/bleu(or yellow) on the rear.

Try the boxstock setup as a base and after some testing / you got the feel, try the change I suggest as a learning shool.
If anything makes it worse change back.
One step at a time!

Well put. I also agree. Go with the stock setup, and take it from there.
Gus S is offline  
Old 08-15-2007, 06:17 PM
  #5  
Tech Adept
 
bozla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Japan
Posts: 175
Default

Stock set-up is really good. If your racing on asphalt you might want to try changing the shock oil to about 300, and using the 3 hole pistons. You can even change to the trf damper pistons (a neat but cheap little upgrade). The standard shocks are really good, maybe even upgrade the rear springs to softer ones but if the tracks smooth, keep the silver ones - they work great.
bozla is offline  
Old 08-15-2007, 08:23 PM
  #6  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
larlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 364
Default

Thanks for the input.
I have another question.
I change the servo saver to the tamiya high torque but it seems to have a slight movement which my car cannot run straight. it has a little freeplay, i have fixed according to the instructions, 2 small rings inner and 1 bigger ring outer, somehow after fixing it, it still moves a little left and right
larlee is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 01:28 AM
  #7  
Tech Master
 
PizzaDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Parts Unkown
Posts: 1,088
Default

Larlee,

The Tamiya servo-saver has some issues.
Get an aftermaket one, like Kimbrough or something.

Kind regards,
Pizza
PizzaDude is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 02:52 AM
  #8  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
pole_position's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 523
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PizzaDude View Post
Larlee,

The Tamiya servo-saver has some issues.
Get an aftermaket one, like Kimbrough or something.

Kind regards,
Pizza
Thanks! However our local TAC rules do not allow changes to servo savers.
pole_position is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 04:27 AM
  #9  
Tech Master
 
PizzaDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Parts Unkown
Posts: 1,088
Default

OK.

Still a bit strange since in the TCS rules a servosaver from another brand is allowed.
I't's reasoned as being part of the electronics.

But if the ruls say no, then it's no.

You could glue it shut, but that probably is not allowed either and your servo could brake.

Sorry mate can't help you on this one I guess.
PizzaDude is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 04:42 AM
  #10  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
larlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 364
Default

Thanks for the info.
Now I know it is not me and the fault lies with the part itself. I will see how I can fixed it.
Cheers.
larlee is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 12:08 PM
  #11  
Tech Adept
 
bozla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Japan
Posts: 175
Default

Ask again. I know in Japan Tamiya regs would forbid it but elsewhere in the world the rules are reasonably relaxed.
bozla is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.