R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-14-2007, 02:30 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default What's up with all the product and personal bashing?

I've only been hanging out here in the electric forum for about a month now and I am so amazed at how much product and personal bashing occurs. In a venue that I believe was primarily intended to help people get the most out of R/C, it's really disappointing to see what some people are posting. Sure, some people are going to be as abrasive as they are in the forum as they are in real life (that thought is always scary), but for the rest of you...

The world, R/C and this forum would be a much better place if everyone tried to be constructive with their comments (both +/-), tactful when someone is wrong and more focused on being helpful and informative - instead of bashing products and people. And when someone is being a dickhead, just ignore them instead of responding. As with all negative behavior, we can only hope they will eventually get the message.

I don't expect that anyone will change their behavior just because I posted this thread, but look at it this way: When someone new comes to the forum and reads some of these posts, what impression do you think it gives of the individual and the type of people that hang out here?

Just something to think about....
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:31 PM   #2
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

They are all bored... Don't take anything seriously...
Old 08-14-2007, 02:49 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I think that on forums it's very easy for everyone to forget that these are real people. In real life, when you're hanging out with your buddies, guys talk trash. In real life, they don't get too upset about it, because they know the other guys and for the most part, they know that it's all in good humor and meant in friendship.

On the web, stuff often sounds harsher than it's meant to sound...and it's taken more seriously than it's meant to be taken. You just have to take a breath sometimes and picture this place as if it was the local track and these are all your racing buddies, talking smack.

Talking smack is a good thing, taking it too seriously isn't.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:52 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny View Post
True, at work, killing time. Fodder for the races this weekend. L.I. is back woo hoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
I think that on forums it's very easy for everyone to forget that these are real people. In real life, when you're hanging out with your buddies, guys talk trash. In real life, they don't get too upset about it, because they know the other guys and for the most part, they know that it's all in good humor and meant in friendship.

On the web, stuff often sounds harsher than it's meant to sound...and it's taken more seriously than it's meant to be taken. You just have to take a breath sometimes and picture this place as if it was the local track and these are all your racing buddies, talking smack.

Thank you very much. People take trash talk too seriously, then start with the internet tough guy stuff. Its talk, fodder, smack, trash, thats all it is. I wonder if the "dudes" that talk on these forums are actually guys, because they are so friggin sensitive, its scary.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:54 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I thought it was just an American thing...

If you don't have clean bearings, good transmission and a perfect car, trust me when I say this...someone else does.
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:02 PM   #6
Tech Adept

And so it seems to be.....
Interesting world view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
I thought it was just an American thing...

Mark Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:03 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull View Post
True, at work, killing time. Fodder for the races this weekend. L.I. is back woo hoo!

Thank you very much. People take trash talk too seriously, then start with the internet tough guy stuff. Its talk, fodder, smack, trash, thats all it is. I wonder if the "dudes" that talk on these forums are actually guys, because they are so friggin sensitive, its scary.
some guys step over the line. If Im at the track and someone mentions my wife or any other family member they will get smacked. My best friends dont ever go there, why would I let a stranger. Talk about me and my equipment till your blue in the face and I'll sit there and fire back, never stepping over the boundaries. Some guys just dont know their boundaries. I smack talk all the time, on the net and in real life, but I never talk about anyones wife. And I am sure neither would they, but since we are on the net people are very brave. Me, Im the same guy on and off the net. And you can bash xray and any other manufacturer why the hell would I care.
sinisterRC - High Performance R/C
sinisterRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:14 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisterRC View Post
some guys step over the line. If Im at the track and someone mentions my wife or any other family member they will get smacked. My best friends dont ever go there, why would I let a stranger. Talk about me and my equipment till your blue in the face and I'll sit there and fire back, never stepping over the boundaries. Some guys just dont know their boundaries. I smack talk all the time, on the net and in real life, but I never talk about anyones wife. And I am sure neither would they, but since we are on the net people are very brave. Me, Im the same guy on and off the net. And you can bash xray and any other manufacturer why the hell would I care.
Well, now who is the internet tough guy?!? First and foremost, didnt know you were married, tossed it out there. I dont dis-respect anyones woman, wife or whatever BUT that said, I talk trash on and off the net. Considering chances are slim that we would cross paths, guess I'll never see how tough you think you are. Believe you me, you dont want no problems. Keep it on the cars slick. Now I am going to leave it alone because this dude is beginning to piss me off.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:44 PM   #9
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Ok lets keep it above the belt.
I SAW TROY WITH A PADLOCK HEADING THIS WAY.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:49 PM   #10
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post

yah.. TurboJoe is a lipo hugging dirt loving hippy anyways. but he knows we're good friends and im too chicken to try the dirt.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:26 PM   #11
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull View Post
Well, now who is the internet tough guy?!? First and foremost, didnt know you were married, tossed it out there. I dont dis-respect anyones woman, wife or whatever BUT that said, I talk trash on and off the net. Considering chances are slim that we would cross paths, guess I'll never see how tough you think you are. Believe you me, you dont want no problems. Keep it on the cars slick. Now I am going to leave it alone because this dude is beginning to piss me off.

are you sane? where in my comment did I offend you? I simply stated I dont take kindly to someone mentioning my wife, how am I a tuff guy? did I threaten you in any way?

I dont want any problems, Im a calm guy just dont like being disrespected. keep the bashing to my car and myself, dont mind it one bit.
sinisterRC - High Performance R/C
sinisterRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:32 PM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Tone is what's missing in these forums. If you spout off a lot about stuff, people read your tone as 100% prick, regardless of your intent. People take this stuff waaaayyyy to serious. Everyone has an opinion, cruel fact of life. You don't have to punch someone in the face for thinking your wrong or vise versa. I read lot of stuff that doesn't make a bit of sense, but it is what it is. I leave it at that and mind my own buisness.

www.summitrcraceway.com

Last edited by sportpak; 08-14-2007 at 05:38 PM.
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:34 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
yah.. TurboJoe is a lipo hugging dirt loving hippy anyways. but he knows we're good friends and im too chicken to try the dirt.
You forgot to mention brushless devotee.

And yes...you ARE a big wuss who's afraid of a little dust.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:46 PM   #14
Tech Elite

The thing is...everyone knows that. That's about the truest statement there is -- yet people still forget it. You have to constantly remind yourself that

a) this is just an internet chat thingie that doesn't matter in the real world...and

b) the other people in here are probably (almost certainly) nice, regular people who are struggling with communicating in this medium as much as you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
Tone is what's missing in these forums.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:54 PM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny View Post