R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-15-2007, 09:03 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny View Post
I'm NOT a moderator, just a post whore so I can say it...

There goes the neighborhood!!!! hahahaha... Let me know what town you are moving to so I can make sure I move further east.... hahahaha....

The coliseum sucks for monster jam, it's too damn small.... I haven't been there in years for it...
Ya bastid! LOL. Monster Jam at the coliseum is too small, but it's all we got here in NYC. I will be travelling to CT for the one coming in 2008. Froze my ass off at the last MJ. They opened all the doors and it was like BELOW ZERO...INDOORS! I love the feel of the Island though, they still appreciate this country...unlike these hobos in the city!

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #17
Tech Adept

owch bergen land is not cheap either... try monmouth
Yub, yub, cmdr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:04 PM   #18
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull View Post
Ya bastid! LOL. Monster Jam at the coliseum is too small, but it's all we got here in NYC. I will be travelling to CT for the one coming in 2008. Froze my ass off at the last MJ. They opened all the doors and it was like BELOW ZERO...INDOORS! I love the feel of the Island though, they still appreciate this country...unlike these hobos in the city!
As an ex NYC worker, I DESPISE NYC!!!!! I've lived in Queens and Manhattan and I hate all 5 boro's... You couldn't pay me enough money to live there or even work there anymore!!! As soon as my wife finishes her masters and gets a job back out on LI we're moving even further east!!! I fully enjoy walking out my front door and not smelling Piss... I lived on the Upper East side in an extremely expensive apartment and I still watched them piss on my doorstep...
Old 08-15-2007, 12:47 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 98 (99%+)

piss? lol wow cant believe no hobby shops in nyc hmmmm
mickrcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:32 PM   #20
Tech Master

Default I would get into it, but dont want a strike

Let me tell you, NYC, love the food and the late night eateries and the ability to get a beer at 3 in the morning, and the career opportunities, but aside of that, it has become a cesspool. Not naming any names or groups, but these people have really let the city go. No one gives a *h*t about the city or country anymore. When I went to this last Monster Jam, they did the salute to the servicemen and women, sang one of my favorite songs of all time (proud to be an American, Lee Greenwood) and people genuinely and openly acknowledged their respect for our people in uniform. The love for the flag and regardless of who is iin the whitehouse, the sincerity in appreciating being in this country! It was like being in the middle America without as many mullets lol. Seriously though, I am in the midst of leaving this company I am at now and if all goes well, the Island or Jersey is where you'll find me.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:02 PM   #21
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull View Post
Let me tell you, NYC, love the food and the late night eateries and the ability to get a beer at 3 in the morning, and the career opportunities, but aside of that, it has become a cesspool. Not naming any names or groups, but these people have really let the city go. No one gives a *h*t about the city or country anymore. When I went to this last Monster Jam, they did the salute to the servicemen and women, sang one of my favorite songs of all time (proud to be an American, Lee Greenwood) and people genuinely and openly acknowledged their respect for our people in uniform. The love for the flag and regardless of who is iin the whitehouse, the sincerity in appreciating being in this country! It was like being in the middle America without as many mullets lol. Seriously though, I am in the midst of leaving this company I am at now and if all goes well, the Island or Jersey is where you'll find me.

I fully agree with you.... The only thing I miss about living and working in the city is the food... Mama's in Corona for the best Italian sandwich... Pio Pio in rego park or Upper east side for some Peruvian chicken and beans... Yum!!!! Katz's for a pastrami sandwich and a knish... Juniors cheesecake!!! I can keep going on and on....
Old 08-15-2007, 10:47 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to GuyIsDamGood

Ha Ha!.....bxpitbull.....Everyone is always starting with you.

-Overall; how are you? -I moved to the Bronx(near Mt. Eden).....I don`t really like it(I'm a Brooklyn Guy); but it`s home.

Tamiya isn`t doing too good with selling their best kits. It`s hard to find another person with a Taniya Kit.

Take Care
GuyIsDamGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:23 AM   #23
Tech Master

vtl1180ny, thats my dude right there, I expect some stabs out of him. Bronx huh? no action up there. Head to bruckner hobbies, chester has a Tamiya hook-up. Best you gonna get. You can go to Nanuet, there is a track up there ran by bruckner hobbies. NYC hobbies is going to have a track on the island, carpet, asphalt, all year long. THIS ought to be good.