Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

found pic of the new can on the web

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...7&d=1186870484
Old 08-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Guys, Ive said this before. Its only once a year that they put out a new car. Stop coming down so hard on a company that doesn't even lead the charge in putting out a kit in a yearly span. The cost is more than some american cars but hey, you get what you pay for. Rocco paid retail, I paid retail. We have all paid retail for Xrays because of quality, durability, and how much support you can recieve. All touring cars on the market today are capable of being fast. They are not much different than each other. But, Xray does the little things that create a following like the above said. Dont hate!
Well said.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bloodninja
Just as I find it amusing that you take it upon yourself to defend this company to the ends of the earth for nothing but a paltry discount.
Real simple, it's called "loyalty" and "appreciation".
Old 08-14-2007, 08:13 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Thread title edited...

......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll..................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll................................
..............lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-..*`*;..)..........................
.................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/...................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*....................
................|.../.../.../.*`..............................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---........../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../....................
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|......................
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,...................
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..................
Old 08-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Xray Web Site
A few final words from Dipl. Eng. Juraj Hudy, chief designer of XRAY:

With the very good results of our XRAY USA team at races in the USA, winning the national races a few years in a row, we all worked very hard to achieve the very best result at the Euros. With preparation for the Euros I knew the areas of the car that needed improvement when it comes to high-competition racing with rubber tires, and as such after several months of very hard work and daily testing I am very happy that we have achieved the goal we set. The new prototype has showed to outperform the rest and we have not only closed the gap for performance on rubber tires but now I know we have raised the bar higher again. The team will continue its intensive testing and analysis under all different track conditions around the world, and we will make some final conclusions and decisions shortly.
I just read the above snippet from Team XRAY's Euro Champs report and was quite surprised at the statement that was made in blue. Given what I've come to understand of the XRAY R&D process, one might get the impression that the T2 '007 EU spec was an interim release to address some specific issues with the T2, but not really to the extent that the T2 '008 addresses them.

All of this R&D brings about an interesting dilemma from a company standpoint. As stated above, Juraj wants the Team drivers to test the new car on different tracks, but when it comes to releasing information about it, it's hard to keep the new changes a secret while the car is in public, unless you specifically tell everyone you're testing a new car - so you're going to expect them to keep things a secret.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ran my pair of 007's on asphalt tonight, and they were awesome. Dialed. And between races I didn't touch a thing. They are brilliant cars, and I'm extremely glad that I bought them. Thank you Team Xray.

This thread, on the other hand, doesn't even deserve the title "Xray T2'008."

-Adam Glatt
Old 08-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitCrew
You know,

The 2006 Ford F150 is out of date as soon as the 2007 Ford F150 comes out... What the hell are they thinking. Go and make a NEW truck?!?!?! What A HOLES!!!
GMC,CHEVY,TOYOTA,HONDA, and many others have done the same thing for more then 75 years
Old 08-15-2007, 02:11 AM
Tech Adept

wow what a shock getting a bit lame now, my t2 will be ancient soon and to think I was just about to get the t2 007, I give up. nice work xray! bye bye t2/electric [slaps for sale sign on body]
Old 08-15-2007, 05:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jim S
found pic of the new can on the web

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...7&d=1186870484

wow so its so new that its not even a car anymore...interesting
Old 08-15-2007, 05:45 AM
Tech Addict

I dont plan on buying the 008, but Im interested to see what has been improved. I hope they some how addressed the rear lower shock rubbing with the inside of the wheel issue that does seem to be a major flaw. Other than that I have no problems what so ever.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:01 AM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by sinisterRC
I hope they some how addressed the rear lower shock rubbing with the inside of the wheel issue that does seem to be a major flaw. Other than that I have no problems what so ever.
That issue was fixed on T2 (and '007), what tires are you using? I only noticed the front lower ball joints rubbing a little when using the outside shock mounting holes...
Old 08-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GK
That issue was fixed on T2 (and '007), what tires are you using? I only noticed the front lower ball joints rubbing a little when using the outside shock mounting holes...

Im using CS27's. I shave a little plastic off the inside of the wheel to prevent rubbing.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by futureal
Thread title edited...

......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll..................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll................................
..............lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-..*`*;..)..........................
.................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/...................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*....................
................|.../.../.../.*`..............................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---........../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../....................
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|......................
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,...................
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..................

r/c tech: now you're playing with power

PHP Code:
                                #####
                  #######      #**#!!###
                 #**#!!!!##   #****#!!!!#
                #****###!!!#  #*****#!!!!#
                #*******#!!!# #******#!!!!#
                #*********#!###!*!*!*#!!!!!#        --
                #!*!*!*!*!*!#!##########!!!!#      /_
                ###########!##!!!!!!!!!!#!!!#     //__
             ###!!!!!!!!!!!#!!!!!!!!!!!!!#!!!####///  \

\       ##!#!!!!!!!!!!!#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#!!!!!!!#

_\    ##!!#!!!!!!!!!!!#!!!!!!!!!!!######!!!!!!!*#

\\  ##!!#!!!!!!!!!!!!#!!!!#######     #!!!!!!***#

___\\#!!!###################*****       #...!!*****#

/   \#!!!.#       ***** #     ***        #....*******#
     #*....#        ***   #              #.......*****#
    #**.....##          *****          ##........!!****#
    #!........##       *******#########......#...!!!!!*#
   #!...........#######.*****...............#.#..!!!!**#
  #*.....##.............#..#...............#...#.!!****#
  #*....#.#............#....#............##......!*****#
  #*.......##.......###......###........#.......!!!****#
  #*.........#######......!!....########.......!!!!!***#
   #!!!.................!!!!!!!!.............!!!*******#
    #!!!!............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!******#
     #*******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***!!!!*****#
      #******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!********!!****#
       ##*****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#*************###
         ##****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!###******####
           ####!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!######!#
               #!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*#
               #!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***##
              #!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!******#
             #!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*******#
            #!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*****#
           #!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**#
          #!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!##
         #!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*##
        #!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***#
        #!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!####!!!!!!****##
       #!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!###****##!!!!******##
       #!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!##**!!*****#!!!********#
       #!!!!!!!!#!!!!!!!!!!!#!!!!!!!#***!!!!***!!!!**********#
      #!!!!!!!!!!#!!!!!!!!!#!!!!!!!#****!!!!!*!!!!!!!!!!*****#
      #!!!!!!!!!!!#!!!!!!!#!!!!!!!#*!!***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***#
      #!!!!!!!!!!!!#!!!!!!#!!!!!!#*!!!!!*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*****#
      #!!!!!!!!!!!!#!!!!!!#!!!!!#***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!********#
     #!!!!!!!!!!!!!#!!!!!!#!!!!!#****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**********#
     #!!!!!!!!!!!!!#!!!!!!#!!!!!#*****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*********#
     #!!!!!!!!!!!!!#!!!!!!#!!!!!#***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!********##
    ##!!!!!!!!!!!!!#!!!!!!#!!!!!#*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*****#!*##
   #!#!!!!!!!!######!!!!!!#!!!!!#**!!!!!!!!!!#########!!!!*#!!**##
  #!#!#!!!!!!#!!!!!!!!!!!!#!!!!!#***!!!!!####******!!!#######!!**#
 #!#!!##!!!!#!!!!!!!!!!!############*!!!#********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**#
 #!#!!#!#!!#!!!#!!!!!!!#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#***********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#
 #!#!!!#!#!#!!#!!!!!!!#!!!!#!!!!#!!!!!#**********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**#
 #!!#!!!#!##!!#!!!!!!#!!!!#!!!!#!!!!!!#************!!!!!!!!!!****#
  ######### ##########!!!!#!!!!#!!!!!!#**********!!!!!!!!!!!!***#
                      #################************!!!!!!!!!!**#
                                      #**********!!!!!#########
                                       ############### 

Last edited by Drew_Cat; 08-15-2007 at 09:10 AM. Reason: LOL
Old 08-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

These pics are from a few months back and show a number of new parts. This is not officially the 008, just a number of the parts that may make an appearance on it.

PS both pics were online anyway and could have been seen by anybody a month ago!

PPS neither are mine!
Old 08-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Top deck and bulkhead's are noticeably different, can anyone else point out differences from the 007?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.