R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-01-2008, 11:04 AM   #1216
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to justin lessard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
I ran the T2 a few years ago with Tamyia shocks after I broke a couple shock bodies, and they leaked. Fast forward a few years to the 008 I have. The shocks are much better. I liken the plastic shocks. They are easy to build and bleed. Plus the clicker pistons make it really easy to change dampening. I would be a little concerned in the length of any other shock on the 008.
the 008's shocks are "short" but only when compared to previous xray shocks. Tamiya shocks are still much shorter
justin lessard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:55 PM   #1217
Tech Master

so what do you think about all these Justin?
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #1218
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to justin lessard

I personally prefer the xray shocks. the clickers are just too awesome to pass up.

If you having trouble getting equal rebound on all 4 it might be because there is a slight burr on one or a few of the pistons. what I do is polish the edges of the piston by putting the shaft into a dremil and sanding the piston ever so slightly. so that the piston is absolutly smooth. (1500 grit)

Last edited by justin lessard; 07-01-2008 at 04:40 PM.
justin lessard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:49 PM   #1219
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys I had a general question regaurding t/c weights and balance...Do you guys try to acheive the same weight at each wheel? Or do you find more commonly the weight is balanced from LF to RR and RF to LR? Trying to get my 008 balanced....Thanks
NUCRPTRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:34 PM   #1220
Tech Master

Nu, I install the equipment and run it. Thinking about it, that may explain my performance... ;>
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:18 PM   #1221
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER View Post
Hey guys I had a general question regaurding t/c weights and balance...Do you guys try to acheive the same weight at each wheel? Or do you find more commonly the weight is balanced from LF to RR and RF to LR? Trying to get my 008 balanced....Thanks
Personally I only balance left to right.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:50 AM   #1222
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Quote:
I only balance from left to right too, BUT when placing the weights on the battery edge(LiPo) I place them slightly towards the front or rear of the car, whichever is needed, to prevent the weights I add from causing a new front/rear imbalance.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:40 AM   #1223
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default TAmiya shocks

Ive used both the tamiya, Black specials, and now the '08 X ray.
i gotta say the Tamiya's are a sweet shock, but i havent noticed much if any difference with the 08. I used the Tamiyas on my Yokomom BD, and found a decent difference in overall grip, and as everyone has already pointed out, VERY easy to build all 4 shocks with the same rebound.

I would be interested in tryin the new alloy body T2'08 shocks though,
but unless im mistaken the photo;s dont seem to show the parts to build them with the variable piston option.

Is this correct,
and can anyone shed anylight on wether Xray have plans to build a LIPO chassis specifically?......................
seems like the next step.
Im about to start Lipo racing soon, and ive gotta add HEAPS on lead, i guess everyones the same,
wheres everyone put it all! Pics pls..............

Simon
Old 07-02-2008, 07:49 AM   #1224
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey_74 View Post
can anyone shed anylight on wether Xray have plans to build a LIPO chassis specifically?...................... seems like the next step.

Simon
I think this would be a HUGE mistake, that is unless all the racing orginazations outlaw the use of NiMH batteries in sedan, which I don't see happening soon.

If anything happens, it will be to design the fitment of LiPo's into the cars, making them more easily secured in the cars, and to allow slightly "taller" LiPo batteries in their cars for higher capacity.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:56 AM   #1225
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
I think this would be a HUGE mistake, that is unless all the racing orginazations outlaw the use of NiMH batteries in sedan, which I don't see happening soon.

If anything happens, it will be to design the fitment of LiPo's into the cars, making them more easily secured in the cars, and to allow slightly "taller" LiPo batteries in their cars for higher capacity.
Although I'd like to see them do it I think you're right. Also Xray makes balance weights and pre drills holes in the chassis for the weigths which is nice. A more lipo friendly chassis would be nice though. But I can't complain about my '008.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:30 AM   #1226
Tech Master

I'm not sure how everyone is securing their LiPo's in their '008's, but I use the Parma double-sided tape on the botton of the pack, 3x strips about 1/4" wide and 1" long, along with the Xray battery strap on top. The Parma tape is very sticky and gooey, and can be reused several times if left on the pack.

What about everyone else, how are you securing your LiPo's?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #1227
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
I'm not sure how everyone is securing their LiPo's in their '008's, but I use the Parma double-sided tape on the botton of the pack, 3x strips about 1/4" wide and 1" long, along with the Xray battery strap on top. The Parma tape is very sticky and gooey, and can be reused several times if left on the pack.

What about everyone else, how are you securing your LiPo's?
I actually just use strapping tape. I have a 1.7mm piece of lead rubber cemented to the bottom of my SMC 4000. My car balances at about 1395 grams that way. Then I put the rest of the lead down the middle of the chassis to make wieght.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:33 PM   #1228
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I cant seem to ever get the weight the same on each tire however my car sits perfectly level on my hudy pins, But when I scale it my weight is even from left frnt to right rear and from RF to LR but the weight is different from LF to RF ? any suggestions?
NUCRPTRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:52 PM   #1229
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default SMC 5000 Lipo

Anyone manage to fit the SMC 5000 28C lipo on a EU 008 without any mod?
joech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:54 PM   #1230
Tech Master

Quote:
I cant seem to ever get the weight the same on each tire however my car sits perfectly level on my hudy pins, But when I scale it my weight is even from left frnt to right rear and from RF to LR but the weight is different from LF to RF ? any suggestions?
The diffrerence in spring pre-load will make it near impossible to get equal. Also, the Hudy Balance Buttons are fairly easy to balance anything on, it just gets you in the ballpark, which is usually good enough. If you want to get more accurate, get the Round Balance Buttons, I think IRS makes them.