R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-02-2008, 05:24 PM   #1126
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Sean R

I have a T2'008 US spec foam kit with parts for sale if anyone is interested.

Sean R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #1127
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean R View Post
I have a T2'008 US spec foam kit with parts for sale if anyone is interested.
I bought his EU '008. His cars are in good shape and he ships fast
Old 06-02-2008, 09:51 PM   #1128
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

hi guys, im new to the 08 world and enjoying it so far. got my car working very well and looking at doing a few little things to make it even better. i have a bit of a concern though regarding the wear in the rear belt. first time out, and after only 3 runs with a lipo/3.5 set up, the rear belt stripped ... or more like disintegrated! .... so i got the spare belt i have, slapped it on and have run 6 packs with it so far. although its still intact, it is showing very bad wear again and by the looks of it will likely give way after a few more packs.

i am running the standard pulleys (16t center pulley) and have set the tensioner to box setting - which is right at the middle notch in the bulkheads. tension wise, this makes it quite snug. but as mentioned, it dosent look like it will last very long and will likely have to change it after a few more runs. i try to drive smooth and im not very hard on brakes so dont think thats contributing to the wear... .and besides, its a common problem among the other 08 drivers at our track. we actually have a shortage of rear belts due to this, so as you can see, its a becoming a big problem ...

are you guys doing anything to avoid this from happening? as much as possible, i dont want to change the pulleys because the internal ratio is better for me when i run mod. are there alternative belts from other cars that are compatible or are there aftermarket options to consider? .... any help would be much appreciated!

.... appologies if this was asked previously, just dint have time to go through this long thread. thanks again!

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #1129
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

This is why Xray sent the 20/34 in the EU kits later. You need to run the US gears. This will save your belts.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:55 AM   #1130
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
This is why Xray sent the 20/34 in the EU kits later. You need to run the US gears. This will save your belts.
dodgeguy: i was affraid you were gonna say that. but thanks! kinda odd though as if im not mistaken the main reason for the 20/34 pulleys was to get the ratios required for stock-bl motors ... anyway, if there's really no other way then that leaves me no choice. thanks again ...

Old 06-03-2008, 09:50 AM   #1131
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to teammidget lilB

roborat: I had this same issue with the 16 38 but as soon as I went to the 20 34 like dodgeguy said I havent had any problems at all.

U.S. Army @ Camp Humphreys, South Korea
teammidget lilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:58 AM   #1132
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLove View Post
If any of you have an extra set of aluminum steering blocks (T2) drop me a pm. I cannot find them any where.
instock now !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:13 AM   #1133
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
I had to run the rear belt from the 38/16 set up when i tried the other rear belt it was too tight anyone else encounter this?
Old 06-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #1134
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve eaves View Post
I had to run the rear belt from the 38/16 set up when i tried the other rear belt it was too tight anyone else encounter this?
There are 2 rear belts on the 008. The US chassis is just a little longer than the EU car. So the US belt is longer than the EU. It had nothing to do with the pully count. I know this as I converted a US car to EU spec.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:45 PM   #1135
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBORAT View Post
hi guys, im new to the 08 world and enjoying it so far. got my car working very well and looking at doing a few little things to make it even better. i have a bit of a concern though regarding the wear in the rear belt. first time out, and after only 3 runs with a lipo/3.5 set up, the rear belt stripped ... or more like disintegrated! .... so i got the spare belt i have, slapped it on and have run 6 packs with it so far. although its still intact, it is showing very bad wear again and by the looks of it will likely give way after a few more packs.

i am running the standard pulleys (16t center pulley) and have set the tensioner to box setting - which is right at the middle notch in the bulkheads. tension wise, this makes it quite snug. but as mentioned, it dosent look like it will last very long and will likely have to change it after a few more runs. i try to drive smooth and im not very hard on brakes so dont think thats contributing to the wear... .and besides, its a common problem among the other 08 drivers at our track. we actually have a shortage of rear belts due to this, so as you can see, its a becoming a big problem ...

are you guys doing anything to avoid this from happening? as much as possible, i dont want to change the pulleys because the internal ratio is better for me when i run mod. are there alternative belts from other cars that are compatible or are there aftermarket options to consider? .... any help would be much appreciated!

.... appologies if this was asked previously, just dint have time to go through this long thread. thanks again!

if you look at the spacer which surrounds the spur gear screws that looks like the orion logo.....

it catches ever so slightly on the belt under high rpm. if you chamfer the left notch of each spline of the spacer then this will cure it, if you need any more info then i can try and get a picture sorted out for you.

this will help dramatically with the belt wear, and will be perfect to use until you can obtain the US pullies

HTH
luke hobson

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:42 AM   #1136
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hobson View Post
if you look at the spacer which surrounds the spur gear screws that looks like the orion logo.....

it catches ever so slightly on the belt under high rpm. if you chamfer the left notch of each spline of the spacer then this will cure it, if you need any more info then i can try and get a picture sorted out for you.

this will help dramatically with the belt wear, and will be perfect to use until you can obtain the US pullies

HTH
luke hobson
hi luke, sound like somthing worth trying. if you have those pics, those would really help ... just to make sure i understand what you are saying clearly.
but many thanks in advance!

Old 06-04-2008, 07:09 AM   #1137
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

www.nexusracing.com has a limited supply of the new EU top deck. FYI..
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #1138
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLove View Post
www.nexusracing.com has a limited supply of the new EU top deck. FYI..
Not anymore
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:27 AM   #1139
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
Not anymore
You better get on that horse and keep looking.....................vegas is coming and it wont wait for your top deck!!
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:53 AM   #1140
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to turd ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
Not anymore
I almost ordered you one today, but figured you were already on it guess not