R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2007, 11:20 AM   #436
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

EU 6 cell MOD use which teeth spur gear bester ( 64 or 48 Pitch ) ?
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:48 AM   #437
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 98
Default T2'008

hi all, im currently racing a standard 2006 xray T2, and as christmas is coming i thought about treating myself. I want to stay with xray because of the sheer brilliant biuld quality of kits.

Is the T2'008 a good choice... or isnt it worth upgrading?

What parts are interchangable with the 2006 t2? in other words... should i keep the T2 2006 for spares?

ill be racing it outside in UK, asphalt, rubber tires 19turn and stock... very, very accasionly a blast wiv the MOD.

thanks Jordan
jordys jrxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:54 AM   #438
Tech Regular
 
Joep's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 360
Default

Look here for the xref file.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...p?news_id=1341

Have fun with your T2'008
Joep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:38 PM   #439
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

T2'008 EU6 problem ?
I'm see XRAY web site EU 6 spec Anti-roll bars: 1.2mm front & rear ,
but my car is 1.6mm & 1.4mm Front & Rear ?
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:51 PM   #440
GK
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
T2'008 EU6 problem ?
I'm see XRAY web site EU 6 spec Anti-roll bars: 1.2mm front & rear ,
but my car is 1.6mm & 1.4mm Front & Rear ?
Manual (p. 16) shows you should have 1.6mm front and 1.4mm rear anti-roll bars with EU spec...
GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #441
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
Manual (p. 16) shows you should have 1.6mm front and 1.4mm rear anti-roll bars with EU spec...
Yes i'm was saw ,
but you saw web site spec to order or saw manual to order ?
because web site was post to now 1.2mm Front & Rear !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:18 PM   #442
Tech Regular
 
Pie_robot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 461
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Pie_robot
Default

hey rc market do u know when u will get stock in on the EU 6 cell

thx
__________________
Tamiya 415MRE- GTB +10.5- Spektrum = 19t
Tamiya F103gt - 17.5t -lipo(yah) = 2wd stock
Tamiya M03 -Spektrum - NiMh(boo)= Mini

Bodgy Brothers Racing......19t,Stock,Mini,540,2wd stock
JMP Graphics....sparkly
www.castlehillraceway.com
Pie_robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:21 PM   #443
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie_robot View Post
hey rc market do u know when u will get stock in on the EU 6 cell

thx
instock now !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #444
GK
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
Yes i'm was saw ,
but you saw web site spec to order or saw manual to order ?
because web site was post to now 1.2mm Front & Rear !
I'm not ordering my '008 based on the size of anti-roll bars included in the kit, if that's what you're asking. I assume they did more testing and decided to ship the EU kit with 1.6/1.4mm bars instead.

Last edited by GK; 12-10-2007 at 03:34 PM.
GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:43 PM   #445
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
I'm not ordering my '008 based on the size of anti-roll bars included in the kit, if that's what you're asking. I assume they did more testing and decided to ship the EU kit with 1.6/1.4mm bars instead.
hope !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:26 PM   #446
Tech Elite
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,112
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default

I am kinda dissapointed the T2008 US version does not support the 4800/4900 LIPOs. I think it is silly that the EU version does support it, but the US does not. I am sure there is a reason, but seriously if I am going to buy a newly engineered car I would expect that they would have some foresight on what the market needs. I had to shim my T2007 to make it fit, looks like I would have to do the same on the T2008. I think that BL and LIPO have gathered enough traction in the US market to ensure that the larger LIPOs would fit. Oh well, maybe on the T2009, becuase you know it is coming, XRAY never dissapoints when it comes to releasing a new car. Shimming the car is not hard, but is kinda a pain in the butt.
__________________
Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | 2mm Designs
artwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:39 PM   #447
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So ILL Larry Dean Pope
Posts: 479
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
I am kinda dissapointed the T2008 US version does not support the 4800/4900 LIPOs. I think it is silly that the EU version does support it, but the US does not. I am sure there is a reason, but seriously if I am going to buy a newly engineered car I would expect that they would have some foresight on what the market needs. I had to shim my T2007 to make it fit, looks like I would have to do the same on the T2008. I think that BL and LIPO have gathered enough traction in the US market to ensure that the larger LIPOs would fit. Oh well, maybe on the T2009, becuase you know it is coming, XRAY never dissapoints when it comes to releasing a new car. Shimming the car is not hard, but is kinda a pain in the butt.
Understanding your point of view but the inspiration of this car comes from winning races and current rules & guidelines. Nimh is the current approved standard for powering these cars. It seems as they did go out of their way to accommodate room for the most common lipos used (hard shelled). As of right now I would much rather have the best car thats built and optimized for current racing standards. Having a car with capabilities to hold the largest shelled lipo is not what's on the minds of hardcore racers and car designers.

Shimming the topdeck takes less than 5 min. and then it's able to be dropped back down once you get to the big race for 6cell. Seems like a much better approach.....
__________________
REDLINE RC RACEWAY
ldp787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:22 PM   #448
Tech Champion
 
lbckevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,528
Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)
Default

It will fit the 3200 and 3600 lipo with no mods.
__________________
Kevin Smith
Hobbywing * Pro-Line * MIP * Paint Monster
lbckevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:15 AM   #449
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
I'm not ordering my '008 based on the size of anti-roll bars included in the kit, if that's what you're asking. I assume they did more testing and decided to ship the EU kit with 1.6/1.4mm bars instead.
The basic setup was changed, that is why these swaybars are included. The car is really good with the kit setup, really balanced and easy to drive out of the box!
__________________
XRAY, HUDY, ORCA, KO Propo, Protoform, P1 Brand, A-Paint, RC-Trim, Xenon Racing, Matrix Racing Tires, ORCAN, DirtChamp Design
Hagberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:09 AM   #450
Tech Elite
 
rraden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 4,735
Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know what the pricing will be for the US Carpet Version?
rraden is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Almost new Xray T2'008 Sean R R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 08-08-2008 02:17 AM
FS: XRAY T2'008 EU 6 CELL RC MARKET R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 06-27-2008 11:58 PM
FS: *NEW IN BOX* XRay T2'008 US Foam Spec limbohz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 04-17-2008 11:20 AM
Xray T2'008 EU 6 cell Kit yyhayyim R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 02-05-2008 09:06 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:29 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net