R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-08-2007, 10:42 PM   #421
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to c1 racin Send a message via AIM to c1 racin Send a message via Yahoo to c1 racin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
Got my T2 2008 Friday, finished building it this morning.

Wont be running it this Sunday at Carpet Wars,
need to get a multi diff and some spares.

Will try and run friday night for the first time.
MAN sometimes I hate being on this side of the pond!!
c1 racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:38 PM   #422
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I like being able to buy a current level kit without having to pay premium kit price and then sink huge amounts into updated top decks, chassis, bulkheads, arms, etc to bring it to current spec...all so you can say your kit had more longevity?

The claims of 6-7 month product cycle is a blatant exaggeration. I have been running my T2'007 (Canadian retail purchase) for over 13 months and the T2'008 has still not quite yet landed on local store shelves.

As for parts support on discontinued models, Xray, like any manufacturer will supply parts commensurate with the demand for them. As demand dwindles, so will the production priority for those pieces. The full scale car comparison doesn't directly apply, as the market is so much larger that the supply chain will be maintained for longer periods.

Last edited by ChrisP; 12-08-2007 at 11:59 PM.
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:05 AM   #423
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy saks View Post
thats an example of a guy with no opinion on a subject,but opinion on people,and trying very hard to be funny,in a sercastic way.
post ur thoughts,and focus on the subject,if u dont know how,pull out posts by syndrome,he is a class act,always have good opinions,posts his experiences with chassis or a new products,which what the racers wanna hear,and he stays away from calling people names,or attacking their posts
peace brother
My opinion on the subject, or topic if you will, of XRAY's electric touring car release schedule is quite clear. The same argument is posted by the same people, with every new release, with the same outcome. The release is a success here in the U.S., and more importantly, internationally in every sense of the word.

Drivers that are somewhat new to the hobby (those that I believe these *opinions* are targeting) and do not have the benefit of the history behind this dejavu moment, are smart enough to read between the lines and figure out that the hype brought on by such posts is just that. Hype. Then they buy a kit, join the XRAY forum and for the most part are quite happy with their purchase.

I don't believe my comment was directed to any one person. If you pull out the post in question, I was actually replying to The Slayer. However, if you feel this was directed specifically to syndr0me, then all I can say is 'Why would you think that?'

Now who specifically did I call a name? And I can only assume your referring to the name 'Mr. Fantastics', right? Please... Feel free to call me Mr. Fantastic directly if you like. <==(now this is sarcasm)

What you call 'attacking' a post, I call a response, a reply, or in your own words my 'opinion on a subject'. 'One of the reasons for a "FORUM" is so others can voice "OPINIONS"!'

I can only assume that by 'others', you mean everyone but me. <==(more sarcasm)

Now in response to your post below concerning the breakage of chassis', you can easily find all three 2.0mm, 2.5mm and 3.0mm FK05 chassis' here at Stormer Hobbies. Your in luck, as all three are in stock and available at this time. <==(even more sarcasm)

Now on to the subject of discontinued parts for the older T1 line and your argument relating the 91 Camaro parts availability. When XRAY's success brings the same type of revenue and customer base as GM, I'll personally side with you. Until then, buy a 008 kit and contribute to the cause of helping us realize the goal which you've envisioned...for us.
^^(could be mistaken as sarcasm, but is actually a direct, truthfull and fully intended suggestion)
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:27 AM   #424
Tech Elite

Sammy,

As for my own reputation, ask Sal. He knows me well enough on an RC-based personal level.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:54 AM   #425
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

For every guy that complains his car is obsolete 6 months after buying it another 100 people buy the latest car. Which do you think the manufacture will cater too? Yeah, it's called a business, their goal is to be on top and that means they are constantly trying new stuff and releasing new technology. You used the RDX as an example, bad choice. Sure it's stayed the same for years, and by the way that's not to it's credit. They NEEDED to change it way before the PHI.

You boycott Xray, good luck with that and welcome to the back of the pack!
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:12 AM   #426
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks for the kind words, sammy. I've tried to clean up my act the last year or so, but I've taken a few shots in the past at XRay's release cycle, so it's understandable if anything was directed toward me. I have a lot of respect for XRay, and had them on my short list of new cars to buy this month. I eventually decided on the new Tamiya, a company with an even more aggressive release cycle than XRay.

My comment earlier wasn't intended as criticism so much as trying to clarify why I think people feel frustration when a new kit comes out. But, it goes both ways. I actually didn't buy a Corally Phi because I have no idea what I'd get in the box with all the updates that have come out for it, and at those prices, who wants to take a chance of needing to buy a bunch of upgrades? So, really, it goes both ways. Just find a kit you like by a company you can abide by, and run it. Everybody's product support and release cycle should be well-documented by now, so nobody should be surprised when it continues.

I'm sorry if it appeared that I was taking a cheap shot. The 007 is actually one of the "oldest" kits on the market if you compare release dates. I'm sure the 008 will continue its winning tradition.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:10 AM   #427
Suspended

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
The 007 is actually one of the "oldest" kits on the market if you compare release dates. I'm sure the 008 will continue its winning tradition.
Im sorry, I am leaveing this thread alone. But real quick and I'm not trying to start trouble, 2004 is when the RDX came out, the Phi came out last year. Bolth the cars have interchangable "breakables" and you will always find RDX parts! You can still buy Asassin parts!!
The Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:32 AM   #428
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There is some talk on another forum about a problem with cell bars rubbing on the pinion gear has anyone come across this yet as I havent started to build mine yet. I assume its only the 6 cell chassis its happening to.
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:40 AM   #429
Tech Initiate

No harm done team gp,that last post of urs is nice,sorry about my last post.
i dont know why i even talk about xray,man i race 1/12 scale,lol
Old 12-09-2007, 11:39 AM   #430
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
i dont know why i even talk about xray,man i race 1/12 scale,lol

Im perdy sure they are coming out with a 1/12th scale eventually also. so you might have to talk about them
zapmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:39 PM   #431
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

Personally I dont blame xray for releasing a new car every year. I just wish they would do it a month or 2 sooner so people could buy the car and have it ready for the carpet season. Rather then having to change cars mid season.
Kave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #432
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slayer View Post
Im sorry, I am leaveing this thread alone. But real quick and I'm not trying to start trouble, 2004 is when the RDX came out, the Phi came out last year. Bolth the cars have interchangable "breakables" and you will always find RDX parts! You can still buy Asassin parts!!
There is one thing I have to say about T1 parts availability so we can cut the crap once and for ever:
http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...umb=on&smode=0
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:01 PM   #433
Tech Apprentice

Can I just say stop whining about xray bringing out a new car every year. I run an Xray T1FK04 at my club and belive it or not I beat the new TC5 by more than a lap and won the championship series as well. It doesnt matter what car you have it all comes down who is driving the car not the car itself and also I raced at an Inter club challenge and my xray was one of the oldest cars out on the track and still i managed to beat all the new fancy and shiny new cars with an old second hand T1 so stop whining all xray cars are all equal in performance when well tuned.
FX Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:50 PM   #434
Tech Regular

Anyone can bash a company for coming out with products too quick and leaving the "newest ride" obsolete in a matter of months. I admit it can be disconcerting in some aspects when you like to have a car that is new and have to worry about parts also becoming obsolete, which is where I think a lot of this has been going. Xray has had a good rep since I've been watching and racing for the last 5 years.

As a newer racer, I've been bit by lack of parts support (yokomo YZ10, insert any car you want). Being in an area that does not have a lot of racing it's harder to get the "best" stuff unless it's got a Losi or AE sticker on it. Thank the internet for solving that. I have a Losi XXX-SG+ and love it. But I'm interested in going to the next level and have been eyeing Xray for awhile.

The only thing I can say I'm not truly agreeing with is the kits made for carpet OR asphalt, when if they wanted to, Xray could go for the combo kit as well and add $100 (estimation since package deals are less than buying the conversion parts separate). I myself would buy that. They can keep the one type application for those who it works for. But I am leery on shelling out another $200 to go from carpet chassis and etc after I have bought an asphalt kit..Just seems silly to me. I'm not made of money so I look for the best value as well.

But again that is my pocketbook screaming, and that is why I still wait.
wcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:19 PM   #435
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The carpet or asphalt thing is usually because of foam tires on carpet. If you're running rubber tires on carpet, your asphalt car should be able to do okay, though you might want to pick up a one-way. XRay addressed that better than anybody by including the multi-diff. Most manufacturers will sell you either a spool or a one-way, and have you fork out the cash for the other.

Foam tire cars require dual diffs, and stiffer everything. That's not considered ideal for rubber tires, hence the need for two kits. It's not a money grab so much as making purpose-built cars for your style of racing.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote