R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2007, 02:47 PM   #271
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbckevin View Post
any updates on the release date ?
next month release !
pre-order now !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:30 AM   #272
Tech Master
 
gonzo416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,938
Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)
Default

how about the US Foam Spec?
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:49 AM   #273
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo416 View Post
how about the US Foam Spec?
checking !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:43 PM   #274
Tech Elite
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Federal Way, WA
Posts: 2,701
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbckevin View Post
any updates on the release date ?
I checked last week and it's looking like end of Nov, first of Dec now.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:33 AM   #275
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L View Post
I checked last week and it's looking like end of Nov, first of Dec now.
yes end of NOV release !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:25 AM   #276
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,052
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L View Post
I checked last week and it's looking like end of Nov, first of Dec now.
Sweet! Too bad I'll have to buy 2x kits (1x race - 1x parts) since there won't be any real parts supports for months.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:46 AM   #277
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: the burbs of detroit
Posts: 882
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I see some are sayign end of Nov., how about will it be out before Cleveland?
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:07 AM   #278
GK
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
...since there won't be any real parts supports for months.
Who told you that?
GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:09 AM   #279
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,960
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

That is incorrect there will be parts support,give it a little time X ray has the best car hands down,the 007 will be competitive for a long time to come
__________________
SpeedZone Batteries
steve eaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:31 AM   #280
Tech Elite
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Federal Way, WA
Posts: 2,701
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
Sweet! Too bad I'll have to buy 2x kits (1x race - 1x parts) since there won't be any real parts supports for months.
Nice try, but how about you take your ignorant statements elsewhere.

The 008 shares most the same suspension components with the original T2 and T2 007. Parts are already available today, before the car is even released.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:52 AM   #281
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,052
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L View Post
Nice try, but how about you take your ignorant statements elsewhere.

The 008 shares most the same suspension components with the original T2 and T2 007. Parts are already available today, before the car is even released.
Wow, thanks for the personal attack there Anthony.L.

First, in no way did I mean that I wouldn't be buying the T2 '008, or that I had a problem with parts not being readily available right away, ecspecially from your LHS.

In my 20+ years of RC hobbying experiences, the availability of spare parts for a new kit usually flows in several months after the initial release, as most of the parts go into the kits, not spare parts bags. There will be enough different on the '008 to potentially cause a problem on raceday if the need arises for a unique '008 part. Besides that, what's wrong with buying 2x kits initially in you plan go racing right away with it. Think of all the extra parts you get, which the sum of is much less than buying all the parts separately.

After quickly going over the released '008 specs, here are a few parts that normally break or get damaged on all sedans, but that are T2 '008 unique:

C-Hubs, Rear Uprights, Diff Outdrives, Shock Towers, Shocks - not springs, Bulkheads - Front and Rear, Layshaft, Belt - Rear only?

I don't know about you, but I would hate to have to go home early because I could not get extra CHubs, Uprights, Shock parts, etc... if I broke the car on the first few weeks out.

Last edited by kn7671; 10-29-2007 at 12:27 PM.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:33 PM   #282
Tech Elite
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Federal Way, WA
Posts: 2,701
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
C-Hubs, Rear Uprights, Diff Outdrives, Shock Towers, Shocks - not springs, Bulkheads - Front and Rear, Layshaft, Belt - Rear only?
C Hubs, rear uprights, diffs, shocks towers, and shocks can all use T2/T2 007 spare parts if needed until the 008 versions are available. The only truley unqiue and non-compatible T2 parts are the upper and lower deck, diff pulleys, rear belt, and bulkheads.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:31 PM   #283
GK
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 332
Default

Front and rear suspension arms are new also (longer).
It was posted on Xray's forum that parts will be available at the same time 008 is.
GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #284
Tech Elite
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
In my 20+ years of RC hobbying experiences, the availability of spare parts for a new kit usually flows in several months after the initial release, as most of the parts go into the kits, not spare parts bags. There will be enough different on the '008 to potentially cause a problem on raceday if the need arises for a unique '008 part. Besides that, what's wrong with buying 2x kits initially in you plan go racing right away with it. Think of all the extra parts you get, which the sum of is much less than buying all the parts separately.
Maybe your experience has been with AE and others- but Xray doesnt do that. They have the best product and best service in the rc world. Xray always has parts along with all their new kits...unlike AE and the TC5.
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:45 PM   #285
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,179
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
Maybe your experience has been with AE and others- but Xray doesnt do that. They have the best product and best service in the rc world. Xray always has parts along with all their new kits...unlike AE and the TC5.
now i know why you are selling your serpent!!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Almost new Xray T2'008 Sean R R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 08-08-2008 02:17 AM
FS: XRAY T2'008 EU 6 CELL RC MARKET R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 06-27-2008 11:58 PM
FS: *NEW IN BOX* XRay T2'008 US Foam Spec limbohz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 04-17-2008 11:20 AM
Xray T2'008 EU 6 cell Kit yyhayyim R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 02-05-2008 09:06 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:13 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net