R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-03-2007, 03:09 PM   #226
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rock'sTC3 Send a message via Yahoo to Rock'sTC3

I guess the good news is that the 007 will be selling used for cheap since the 008 will be out and some people will buy it.
Rock'sTC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:07 PM   #227
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge View Post
I bought mine over the counter at my local hobby shop on November 3, 2006.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvt01 View Post
I think it was released in october (look at the date of this news from xray: http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...a=945&catName= ) and it was available for the masses late october early november...
Either way... less than a year for a new car.
rugburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:34 AM   #228
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

How do you figure?

The T2'007 was unveiled to the public at the IIC last year. The T2'008 at the IIC this year.

I would say that is pretty much a full year, wouldn't you?

This especially makes sense when you consider that since the T2'007 was released, there was a move to 5-cell mod in Europe and brushless and LiPo have both gained in popularity and acceptance both in the US and abroad.
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:49 AM   #229
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Xray so far releases new car EVERY year. Until last year release date was March, since last year is November.

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:34 PM   #230
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnick View Post
Xray so far releases new car EVERY year. Until last year release date was March, since last year is November.
Guys get the facts right before posting. FK05 release was around march 05, T2 was around December 05, T2 007 was November 06.

Anyway I bought them all since the FK04 came out but somehow the 008 did not make me all excited and I can't even explain why , maybe if they sold it for cheaper (since all the plastic replacement of the diffs and outdrives) lets say like $350 I would consider selling my 007 for $200 and buying one... but that is very unlikely...
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:09 PM   #231
Tech Elite

Keep in mind all the 008 isnt here to replace the 007. Its simply a option for those who are currently running 5 cell or are planning to run 5 cell. There is nothing wrong with the 007 platform and there isnt a requirement to upgrade and sell your current car. Again this is mainly a option for those running or planning to run 5 cell to optimize weight distribution and performance. Now this is just my observation I am in no way speaking for Xray....Hope this helps ease the tension abit. Seems from what I have read here most are bitter because a new car is out so soon and feel obligated to upgrade.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:24 AM   #232
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvt01 View Post
Guys get the facts right before posting. FK05 release was around march 05, T2 was around December 05, T2 007 was November 06.
Correct, and as has been explained several times already, this was done to meet US market demands that wanted new cars to be available at the start of the indoor season rather than at the end of it. When you look at the whole period that XRay now exists (starting late 2000) XRay has on average released one new car each year and one budget version every 3 years.

Right now I can name at least one company that hasn't even released their newest car yet and has already announced the next one. And even there I think there is nothing wrong with that. As Gitsum says you don't have to buy the 008 (which BTW I do expect to replace the 007).
tonyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:03 AM   #233
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodninja View Post
Hey, gotta pay for all that weed their factory drivers smoke at the races somehow.
I remember seeing the 07 price list. Has anybody seen the pricing for 08?
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:26 AM   #234
Suspended

I'm looking forward to the new 008, l can't wait till that bad boy comes out!

P.S. Does anybody know if the rubber 008's being used at the iic race were the final version or were there multiple prototypes instead?
U.S.A. lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:10 PM   #235
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
Keep in mind all the 008 isnt here to replace the 007. Its simply a option for those who are currently running 5 cell or are planning to run 5 cell. There is nothing wrong with the 007 platform and there isnt a requirement to upgrade and sell your current car. Again this is mainly a option for those running or planning to run 5 cell to optimize weight distribution and performance. Now this is just my observation I am in no way speaking for Xray....Hope this helps ease the tension abit. Seems from what I have read here most are bitter because a new car is out so soon and feel obligated to upgrade.
I agree with you there is no need to rush and buy the new car, but you don't know how I was when the previous versions came out. Every year I got excited and could not wait to get my hands on one. In case of T2 I called around the entire country to have one amongst the first ones and I even paid a little extra, and I loved them all. Right now though I just don't feel the urge to switch and I'm not upset with xray or other companies coming out with new versions every year. That is how racing goes.
If I look at the statistics of this thread and recall how was the thread of the T2 or the 007 doing in the first weeks after the anouncement I have the impression that this is the least popular among the three. I guess I'm not the only one who did not get hit by the new car. I have a couple of reasons which may explain my apathy one is the too low topdeck to fit a 23mm thick lipo the other is the plastic diffs. Or maybe I have to find a new hobby... I mean it is all about excitement and if you are not excited about the new stuff your favourite company is coming out then probably you are at the wrong place...
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:53 PM   #236
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rock'sTC3 Send a message via Yahoo to Rock'sTC3

I still drive an FK05 just to put that out there.

Honestly this is about the racing, hanging out with new friends and finding new setups and ways to go faster. Having the newest and greatest car does not neccessarily make you any faster.
Rock'sTC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:02 PM   #237
Tech Fanatic

Unfortunately since we can't get the 4800 LiPo in the carpet version I just can't see trading my 007 for an 008. Sux

OnRoadColorado.com
Colorado On Road RC Club
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:14 PM   #238
Tech Initiate

Default T2 Conversion kit

I have a T2 I've been racing for 2 years, handles great. Thinking about converting it to the 2007 so I can use all my spare parts. Would it make it a better car by converting it or should I just leave it alone and buy the 2008 when it comes out if I'm jones to up grade my car and sell all my parts? appreciate any input from racers who have the 2007 and have converted their T2's.
Thanks
Wayne
wayne breault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:22 PM   #239
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Wayne the suspension parts,arms,hubs,etc are the same cost wise i would probably wait for the 008 or just keep running the t2 that is an awresome car,man alot of guys are still running the fk05 that is still a awesome car also,just save for your cash for spare parts for the t2 or the 008 when it comes out
Old 10-08-2007, 05:35 AM   #240
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Anyone know what the estimated weight of the 008 ready to run with 5 cells, low profile servo, rubber tyres and brushless system is?
CountryHick is offline   Reply With Quote