Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo416 View Post
Thx, that's handy to know
Old 04-09-2011, 01:55 AM   #1878
Tech Master

hi can anybody help/advice me, which online stores carry xray (parts) upper deck with part number 301183 (EU RUBBER-SPEC).

Amain and Rcmat dont have, and im waiting for my back order for a monrth now
Old 04-09-2011, 05:58 AM   #1879
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimoy_boy View Post
hi can anybody help/advice me, which online stores carry xray (parts) upper deck with part number 301183 (EU RUBBER-SPEC).

Hi,

Stormer hobbies have most of the Xary range of spares...Or

For a top deck, try EG-R Mart (spec-r) have a range of Atomic made top decks that are half the price but almost equal quality of the original part
Old 04-09-2011, 06:27 AM   #1880
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

It's hard to beat Nexus, Fast priority mail shipping and their prices are usually better than amains.

http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...oducts_id=1501
Old 04-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #1881
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Thumbs up parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimoy_boy View Post

Nexusracing.com usually has everything I need for my T2' 2008 xray
Johnn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #1882
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trerc View Post
It's hard to beat Nexus, Fast priority mail shipping and their prices are usually better than amains.

http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...oducts_id=1501
Wow, they certainly do, had a good look & they do have most things
Old 04-09-2011, 07:18 PM   #1883
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The guys at nexus can hook you up with the right parts. you might want to consider the optional rubber asphalt top deck from xray or the spec r or atomic 1.5mm top deck. these are thinner and afford more grip.

i ran the specr / atomic v 11 34 tooth rear gear diff and most say i was really impressed with the improvement in holepunch and over all feel. the installation was straight on as if oem. the assembly of the diff itself required a bit patience to achieve a nice smooth action. i took 4 attemps of sandin assembly then more sanding of the gear back faces to get a perfect fit. go to their website watch their video and you will understand what i mean. also i did not use the paper gasket and instead used blue rtv sealant. use a small amount around the inside cup. just a samll amount all around will suffice. zero leaks

the car is now a good contender. with changes to front quick and the above parts and exotek i can now follow the t3 through the lolly pops. car now has a LOT of steering. again, this car is a real bargain and not at all outdated for the regional driver
rcko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:31 AM   #1884
Tech Master

I'm putting together another 008 with some different things on it, should be of interest

Will show some pic's & list it's spec's soon
Old 04-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #1885
Tech Adept

Can someone post a good setup for a foam us. chassis for rubber/carpet
urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #1886
Tech Master

just try the ones on teamxray site
Old 04-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #1887
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am hoping someone can help me with some set up tips related to springs and the 008.

Background: I am running VTA on carpet with 25.5.

I bought the car used and it came with a bunch of colored springs as well as a few silver springs that have different stiffness.

I am guessing the colored springs came from this kit since that matches most of the colors I have? Not sure if they are 007 or 009 or something else? ttp://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/news/newsdesc.php?news_id=177&kategoria=177&catName=New XRAY Springs

I put the purples in the front (nearly the stiffest spring I have), but I couldn't ever get the ride height as low as I wanted. Lowest is 6mm. My thinking is these springs are for something other than the 008. I read back several pages and read the shock towers are lower in the 008 than the 007, possible that is why I can't get the ride height were I want. I then put the stiffest silver springs in the back. Car had massive over steer and the car was so stiff it was 'hopping' around corners.

So I went down a notch and put the rear springs in the front, got the ride height down to 5.5 and went to the next softer silver rear springs in the back. That got rid of the oversteer, but I noticed my best lap times with the massive over steer were significantly better (.7 sec/lap) than with the softer setup that produces a more controllable car.

Question: What is the correct spring set up? Is there a complete spring kit for the 008 that would help me find a medium ground? Are springs not the answer here?
Old 04-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #1888
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknott View Post
I am hoping someone can help me with some set up tips related to springs and the 008.

Background: I am running VTA on carpet with 25.5.

I bought the car used and it came with a bunch of colored springs as well as a few silver springs that have different stiffness.

I am guessing the colored springs came from this kit since that matches most of the colors I have? Not sure if they are 007 or 009 or something else? ttp://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/news/newsdesc.php?news_id=177&kategoria=177&catName=New XRAY Springs

I put the purples in the front (nearly the stiffest spring I have), but I couldn't ever get the ride height as low as I wanted. Lowest is 6mm. My thinking is these springs are for something other than the 008. I read back several pages and read the shock towers are lower in the 008 than the 007, possible that is why I can't get the ride height were I want. I then put the stiffest silver springs in the back. Car had massive over steer and the car was so stiff it was 'hopping' around corners.

So I went down a notch and put the rear springs in the front, got the ride height down to 5.5 and went to the next softer silver rear springs in the back. That got rid of the oversteer, but I noticed my best lap times with the massive over steer were significantly better (.7 sec/lap) than with the softer setup that produces a more controllable car.

Question: What is the correct spring set up? Is there a complete spring kit for the 008 that would help me find a medium ground? Are springs not the answer here?
Hope this helps....

Firstly, measure the thickness on your lower deck to establish which 08 you have, if it's 3mm it's Foam (carpet) version, 2.5mm r ubber version(on road)

Coloured springs did come with the carpet version & also on 09/T3 foam versions

08 + onwards have a shorter shock length than the previous 07 + earlier models & coloured springs are a pooftenth longer than blacks, which may suggest why you've got the ride hight problem

Xray black springs should fix your problem & come in 2.2 (equal to whites) to 3.4 (almost as hard as purple).... i'd use 3.0 in from & 2.8 in rear for carpet

You should be able to get all this info off the TeamXray website
Old 04-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #1889
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokin Racing View Post
Hope this helps....

Firstly, measure the thickness on your lower deck to establish which 08 you have, if it's 3mm it's Foam (carpet) version, 2.5mm r ubber version(on road)

Coloured springs did come with the carpet version & also on 09/T3 foam versions

08 + onwards have a shorter shock length than the previous 07 + earlier models & coloured springs are a pooftenth longer than blacks, which may suggest why you've got the ride hight problem

Xray black springs should fix your problem & come in 2.2 (equal to whites) to 3.4 (almost as hard as purple).... i'd use 3.0 in from & 2.8 in rear for carpet

You should be able to get all this info off the TeamXray website
Thanks! Is a EU - Rubber edition. I will see if I can track some down.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:30 PM   #1890
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

from my experience 3.0, 2.8, 2.6 is all the springs you need for the 008 car. I run mostly 3.0 to 2.8 fronts / 2.6 rears. Sometime I have ran 3.0 frnt/2.8 rears. Depends on the traction etc
rcko is offline   Reply With Quote