R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-27-2008, 10:38 PM   #1621
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Has anyone used the aluminum center brace on their

008? I run un the vintage class and xray says it helps prevent the car from "stopping" in the corners. I have this issue as well. Should I use the brace or just go with stiffer front springs? The rear of the car is planted so I hate to mess with springs right now.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:06 AM   #1622
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
No new car this year or next we will be running the 008 for a while this is because the way the market is and that we are happy with this car there will only be hop up parts like the light weight stuff etc...Not sure on the tray the company you got it from might be better to tell you....Later Drew

I took your advice and went for the '008 all nice it is shining here.... Shame there is now a '009 on the way very shortly... I'd like to personally thank you for your help and not so great adivce...

Cheers.
CouldbeFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:51 AM   #1623
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
EDIT...

Nevermind...lol

Real men race MODIFIED!!
JoeGlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:11 AM   #1624
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouldbeFaster View Post
I took your advice and went for the '008 all nice it is shining here.... Shame there is now a '009 on the way very shortly... I'd like to personally thank you for your help and not so great adivce...

Cheers.
I don't know Drew but I am sure he was giving information that he thought was correct. With that said we aren't sure if the 009 will be a completely different car yet. It may just be an 008 with all of the upgrades that they have come out with...and maybe a few that they haven't. So your purchase my not be a bad one...yet.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:31 AM   #1625
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:

Cheers.
Buying the 008 isn't exactly the worse thing in the world. There are other cars out there that you could have purchased. Unless you are the type that feels I need to have the latest generation of car then yeah you probably have a right to be disappointed.

Now go have fun with the car that you purchased because having fun is what this is all about.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:01 AM   #1626
Tech Adept

Quote:

Cheers.
XRAY is expected to release more information about the T2'009 by the end of this week. I would imagine it will be months before the T2'009 is available. Plenty of time to enjoy your T2'008.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:08 PM   #1627
Tech Fanatic

ill be grabbing a 008 now, and waiting for a 009.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #1628
Tech Apprentice

Looks like my post came across a little harsh....

I am more than happy with the '008.... Its a lovely bit of kit.... Just a little on the frustrated side just at an announcment a week later after my kit arrived thats all... Im sure won't make much difference to a meer mortal like me anyway...

Hopefully there will be a upgrade kit...

But yes having plenty of fun....

Thanks
CouldbeFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #1629
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey quick question guys can someone tell me if you must change your camber links to reflect your arm positions when changing roll center? Basically if you run high frnt roll center do you change the camber links to give you high roll center also? Just wandered as it really doesnt state it in the setup book and I didnt know if one could cancel or inhibit the other from giving the full benifit of the change.
NUCRPTRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #1630
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I usually try to change my camberlink so that it will retain the same amount of cambergain as my previous set up when changing arm mount height.... that way you isolate changes and can know if it did you any good or not... if you don't think about all these things then you're really testing a number of different changes all at once...so it's hard then to pinpoint what did what.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:40 PM   #1631
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Changing the camber link position will change camber gain and roll center, To change only the roll center move the lower arms up or down. And no they don't need to be done at the same time if you do both it will actually affect the roll center less if you move both the upper link and lower arm in the same direction.
Try to tune roll centers with lower arms if you want to keep your camper gain the same.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #1632
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks for the quick responses guys....
NUCRPTRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #1633
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losithrasher View Post
ill be grabbing a 008 now, and waiting for a 009.
You might want to change your avitar too while you're at it
Old 11-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #1634
Tech Master

Hey guys,

Just got back from The Big Chill in Jackson Miss. It was my first race using lipo so I was worried about the clearance on the top deck. No worries though. If you have an extra top deck and a dremel, its an easy fix. Your pretty much going to cut the front off right behind the "steering assembly bearing" thing Anyways, put this under your uncut topdeck and shim either the back up 2 mm or cut the other topdecks mounting positions and put them underneath. This worked extremely well and was able to put the 5200 lipos underneath the topdeck with ease.

Chris

Texas EOS 2018!
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:43 AM   #1635
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2 View Post
You might want to change your avitar too while you're at it
please excuse him, he is a little slow, both on the track and off!
I played to rough with my "WOODY" and it broke!
GLITTER LIDZ is offline   Reply With Quote