Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2007 paved on road nationals

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default 2007 paved on road nationals

hey all:I love rc50.com's coverage of some of the major on road events in rc,but why didn't they cover the 2007 on road paved nationals?Thanks for the info
Old 08-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The "they" in "why didn't they cover the race" is not multiple people. It's one individual Rob "Nashracer" Dirla and he does it because he like to do it. He don't get paid to do it, unless you consider vacation time from work getting paid to cover an RC event and he only covers the races that he races at. I know he'd be more than happy to cover more races if someone could cover his travel expenses and get his boss to give him more vacation time.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Besides, asphalt brings out Robert's "shy" side. LOL!
Old 08-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

"shy" side .... he's just damn scared of asphault. If it don't smell like pagargon and their anin't a big PHAT black like around the track for him to follow he gets lost on the track and he can't find TRACTION.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
Besides, asphalt brings out Robert's "shy" side. LOL!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schurcr
"shy" side .... he's just damn scared of asphault. If it don't smell like pagargon and their anin't a big PHAT black like around the track for him to follow he gets lost on the track and he can't find TRACTION.
Now that is just damn funny, I don't care who you are!!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schurcr
Then he really missed out!
An indoor track with Paragon floating in the air and a "BIG" PHAT black line around the track!
Old 08-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

I think its more of a phobea against Rubber Tires. He thinks they are the Devil!!! LOL

We love ya Robert and in all honestly it does feel very empty when we don't get the race action and pics from you.

Brant
Foam-ily Challanged
B-Main Motorsports
Old 08-14-2007, 07:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey schurcr:Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OMG I get bashed and don't even know it. now I don't care who you are, that's just even funnier.

as for www.RC50.com yep it's all mine but I have tried to get some guys to upload stuff to my site from races that I don't go to. it just never seems to work out. I like carpet, never been one to even run rubber on pavement. foam on pavement takes out the drift car effect. plus I don't have to change my setup that much. and I love 12th scale so if it's good enough for them why can't it be good enough for TC.

yes I would be happy if someone paid my way. as for time off I have flexible hours and did go to the novak race back in 2006 just to watch and take pictures. didn't miss a day flew out friday night was back 10am to work monday.

the $700 camera and $500 video cam and the $20 a month for webhosting is just for the racers like I use to be and were only able to dream about going to big races. or ask their buddies what was it like. what did you see. and just because your not in the "A" main I still want to know how my buddies finished. I have a lot of friends that I have made and a lot of great race memories that I keep, they are worth anything I spend. this is a great sport.

and just remember brant I beat the great David Hill the last time I was in Memphis running Rubber tyre!

and PARAGON!!! where's that bottle I need a wiff!
Old 08-15-2007, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
OMG I get bashed and don't even know it. now I don't care who you are, that's just even funnier.

and just remember brant I beat the great David Hill the last time I was in Memphis running Rubber tyre!

and PARAGON!!! where's that bottle I need a wiff!
See......if you would just run the rubber tires more than every third year you might like them even better!!! LMAO Plus I can live with the Paragon fumes.......At least its better than nitro fumes!! LOL

Brant
Old 08-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

"Momma said rubber tires are da DEVIL!!"