R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-05-2003, 02:52 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Accord
Default CRC Carpet "Bloody" Knife

I ordered a CRC Bloody Knife from my LHS, it should be arriving tomorrow. What are some necessary upgrades and whatnot I should get for it?

I will be running it on two different tracks, an indoor carpet track and a very smooth outdoor permanent blacktop track. Does anyone have any setup tips for both surfaces? Anything else I should know?

Thanks

I started reading the 12th scale thread, but like the others, most of the posts are off topic and have nothing to do with 12th scale!
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 03:16 PM   #2
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Get tires...

Go to the Jaco forum and inquire about compounds for each if you dont know. I do know that purple/grey is probably your best bet for carpet though...
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 05:20 PM   #3
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

The kit setup is very good. You will need purple fronts and pink rears for asphalt, gray rears for carpet. The kit should come with purple/gray wheels. The new CRC dish wheels are awesome. A kydex front bumper is recomended to protect the suspension. You will need something for the dampner tubes, either 100wt shock oil or Losi medium hydra-drive fluid.
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 08:35 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Default Team Red

I ordered the exact same thing, Accord !!!!
Should be here tomorrow !!!!
I have no idea as far as option parts or springs to use , however, I think this thread may help in solving some issues we are unaware of !!!!..

Any Special Tooling, Parts, Bodies, Fluids, Batteries, etc.. that anyone recommends throwing on the car would be appreciated.

Scott
JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 08:47 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Accord

Okay, I got my car today and there are a few things wrong with it .

Some of the bags are missing red aluminum screws and the front axles are nowhere to be found! I guess I have to call CRC tomorrow to get them to send me replacements.

The kit isn't very organized or anything, so make sure you go through the whole thing and make sure everything is there.

My LHS reccomended I buy a set of different front springs and the optional kydex bumper. They ordered them for me and should be here next week .

Also, the car doesn't come with shock oil or anything, the instruction manual reccomends that you use 30w Losi shock oil.

Aside from this it's an amazing car, as I progress through the building process i'll report back on anything i've found, changed, etc.
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 04:27 AM   #6
Tech Addict

Default Parts

I would order the side spring kit, the optional .020 front springs and a center shock spring kit. Tuning options that will amaze you when you try them. Most people use red or white side springs, and the center shock spring makes a huge difference.

Stiffer for more high speed steering, softer for more rear traction. Its a balancing act. The stiffer the spring the better until the track is bumpy then the car bounces all over and you have to go softer. I think the center springs in the kit are too soft. Red is the softest I use, then copper then CRC stiff silver. There is one more CRC Extra Stiff, but I have never used it. Maybe when My driving gets better.

Go to the CRC forums, most of this is discussed. John at CRC is a cool dude.

David
David Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 05:56 AM   #7
Tech Regular

Default kNIFE

Awesome, thx for the info guys, gives me a base to start with.
Car should be here today.

I love building new cars !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL !!!!!!!
JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote