R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-16-2003, 07:48 AM   #31
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Mike F

Quote:
Originally posted by Loman
[B]
U can see the power flex charging methord fm the latest 112a manual . they said u can turn on the PF1 to charge NIMH.
WOW, that news to me but thanks and I'll take a look at the manual when I get my charger back with the new firmware to read up on this.
Quote:
In fact, I have no problem by this way for my GP3300(4pack match cells, average vol 1.14x) many times and get very good performance for completed 10min stock & 8min modify racing
10 min stock, 8 min Mod, where do you race
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 07:55 AM   #32
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Mike F

Quote:
Originally posted by Grizzbob
No Mike, flex charging is definitely NOT a good idea for NiMh's, it may not really hurt them, but it will at least limit their performance. As you originally thought, the best way to charge them is with a linear charge mode.
This is what I though. I'll check out the instructions on the new H31 firmware and see what they state. This Power Flex goes against everything I know when it comes to charging those NIMH batts

Quote:
Oh, & to clarify something about my overcharging incidents, I did notice that ProMatch(whom I bought those packs from) did mention that in their early life, a charger MIGHT miss the peak & try to overcharge a pack(applies to most any charger, not just a Tekin BC112 series), & to keep an eye on them for awhile(which you can't always do, of course, that's why I toasted one & got close to killing another)....
Promatch have some very good batteries.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote