R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-10-2007, 12:07 AM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to xtreameracer

i say brushless will be aloud to run at races when all or most all major brushed motor manufacturers have one . if thay would lets brushless in right now how many manufacturers would be out. its all palitics
xtreameracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:06 AM   #32
Tech Master

The manufacturers are wise, with brushed motors we still have to "enjoy" to making maintenance with purchasing their brushes, springs and comm lathe, only spending money for motor.
We have a nice example, Checkpoint (one of my most admired motor manufacturer) still releasing brushed, but look on Euro champ., their team drivers must using prototypes brushless to facing the same kind of others brands.
And that's the reality of the market, if all of us use brushless, less maintenance, the brands have less business than before.
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:06 AM   #33
Tech Master

(Sorry for reply repeated) There are other advantages, since the allowance of brushless, there are a lot of manuf. to joining up in BL motor market, even some brand from RC boat and plane re trying this chance too: Novak, Tekin(coming soon), Much More(coming soon), Castle Peak Speed Passion and other more that I forgot...

Last edited by mac853; 08-10-2007 at 01:44 AM.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:26 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Ive gone over to 13.5 now
not for it being faster then Brushed 27t No No No !!!

i got it coz im a lazy arsed oldie now & can't be arsed with skimming & springing & brushing to just keep on pace up

and with the money i will save on not buying brush's & 3-4 Brushed 27t for the season, i can now spend on 2 run tyre's now

getting old makes you wiser also makes you more laid back & lazy
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:48 AM   #35
Tech Champion

At club level, if not enough to have a seperate heat run with brushed, if enough for their own heat then cool

Everyones a winner No club should turn them away, they are the future of things to come...

I've just purchased another brushed stock motor for now, but I will seriously consider a brushless in the future As said, not everyone wants to skim and rebrush frequently but tbh if youre doing that at club level in stock you're taking things WAAAAAAY too seriously

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:41 AM   #36
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

no way should brushed be allowed to run in stock..

All the money you have to spend buying brushes and a lathe and a motor running machine and pre race cooler and motor spray...yuck
plus motor spray has to be bad for you..

Brushed is WAAAY too $$$$
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:45 AM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post

All the money you have to spend buying brushes and a lathe and a motor running machine and pre race cooler and motor spray...yuck

LMAO!!!

SAY DAT!!!!

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:00 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post

I hear those brushes cause cancer in California too! Not too mention that the toxic fumes given off from the "magic smoke" is under congressional review for possible steroid contents. Them thar brushed motors are just plain dangerous!!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:06 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT View Post
I hear those brushes cause cancer in California too! Not too mention that the toxic fumes given off from the "magic smoke" is under congressional review for possible steroid contents. Them thar brushed motors are just plain dangerous!!

Brant
You tell um Stallion Boy!!
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:03 PM   #40
Tech Master

Honestly, if the brush' smoke are really hazardous or not i am not really care, so i always caught 2nd hand smoke everywhere in my downtown are just enough affect my health, so i always felt breathing unconfortably, i know in US and EU area have a lot of non smoke zone, instead of mine.
Anyway i want with other competitors to convince the stewards of my downtown to allow using BL in stock races, maybe approved next year, because i always enjoy racing without worry so much the chassis setup because our track have so lack of traction with mod races, so I want also to have less troublesome in motor maintenance, like my signature, my racing spirit!!
Spending less money for brushed so change to brushless, maybe it's a big deal, as i see in other viewpoint, the racers becoming lazier, like me.
But we must also care the "others" which didn't want to purchase brushless and keeping brushed motors, so the race regs. must change something to satisfying these 2 kinds of people to be fair, unless some of them will give up from the race, the track become empty.

Last edited by mac853; 08-10-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:02 AM   #41
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Default Yes & No Question's

Try not to split hairs over which motor or what tyre is being used

1;;is matched C-cell faster then Lipo in a 5 min race ??
2;;is 13.5 faster then brushed 27t ??

if yes to both question's
then running a 13.5 with li-po would be much closer to brushed 27t with c-cells in the speed department

so the argument about 13.5 being faster is negated by using the li-po in racing & mixing together

not to bothered if i'm wrong coz i have 4 club's in my neck of the wood's that allow mixing
the other series or club's can take a run & jump for staying in the past & not allow 13.5/li-po to run with Fun

racing should'nt be troublesome

PS;
i have 13.5 & li-po & i'm not afraid to use it
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:22 AM   #42
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Stok Brushless

I would like to wade into this discussion with m 2c.

Since people can purchase speedcontrollers that are both brushed and brushless, i would like to see beginners go to brushed stock, and then step up to a brushless field later.

Yes i do realize the advantage of the lesser maintenance of the b/less and all of its benefits. Im going to remain impartial and not wade into whos b/less is better for stock, novak, nosram/lrp etc.......

I know that It means more maintenence for beginners, but i am a fan of brushed in stock, and brushless mod.
At one of our local (?) tracks in Templestowe (Victoria) runs a combines brush/less 19 turn class, and they have found that on the smaller tighter tracks there is little to no advantage. but as we go up in track size the brushless advantage creeps up.

IMHO, My vote is for BRUSHED Stock, and maybe combined for 19t,

Simon
Bluey_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 04:56 AM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

...as only a 1/2 serious thread but a serious answer...

LOOK INTO The NEW 17.5 motor if you want a B/L motor you can combine w/ a 27t STOCK motor. They have shown to be a WHOLE lot closer to being equal on speeds. Might be a problem for some TC's being able to get a TALL enough gear ratio (mainly SHAFT DRIVE CARS) but other than that - you gear this thing really tall compared to a 13.5 or a 10.5 (cause it seems that's all you do w/ B/L motors the BIGGER the number goes...the BIGGER the gear ratio.

This new motor is picking up popularity in the OVAL world..and we are seeing some try it in other forms as well... ( I think it will make an awesome OFFROAD motor as well) ALL the B/L benefits - but with a Controllable Speed.
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:05 PM   #44
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Heres a funny.

At our on road track we have a motor/battery wizard, hes a privateer at its highest level.

I run lipos and to keep up with this guys 27t, I need a 4300. I'm no slouch but a tweaked tuned punched out battery (sud-c) and set up, backed with driving skill./???

A 17.5 had better be faster than a 13.5.

And Mr, Jolly has made a great point. No need for 17.5 if a lipo 13.5 cant catch a 27t.
The thing about the 27t is that it has to be backed by a graduate to the study and the practice of 27t stock racing at its highest level. If your not running with one of the big dogs its hard to grasp.
Lipo brushless is fast but it can only go as fast as the battery alone will let it.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:16 PM   #45
Tech Master

Are you meaning the 17.5 of team Novak, is it already released, so i didn't see in it's HP