R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-03-2007, 10:21 PM   #76
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE View Post
Hi Ryan.

It looks like you guys had a good time at the race. Nice to see Hara and Neils make it.

How is your family? Saw the picture of your baby, Beautiful.

Things are ready for the IIC. It is going to be a good time.

Sarah continues to practice hard and she is getting ready for the upcoming indoor season. She is doing great this summer in 1/8th buggy.

I hope things are well and I hope to see you soon.

Take care,
Scotty
Hi Scotty,

We are good, very happy. Thanks!
It was nice to see Hara and Niels here. They showed what really takes for being Invititational Drivers(by the Reedy) at KMRCA.
Will you be coming to TITC? I hope seeing you there!
I'd like to race with Sarah again. She is so fast!
I hope your IIC race will be succesful again. I will be there next year!

Your friend,

Ryan

Last edited by Ryan Lee; 09-04-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Ryan Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:28 PM   #77
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtaiji View Post
He works for a distributer of Losi and said "Why XXX-S??? Just for easy "
SWEET!!!!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:30 PM   #78
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Bad View Post
Not making you wana switch back is it???
Aw Hell no! Just love seeing an old car kick some butt! Me and my Stallion are doing quit well! I just need to pony up some bucs and get the Shinn upgrade! Peter maybe you need to try the Kyosho!!!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:14 PM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT View Post
Aw Hell no! Just love seeing an old car kick some butt! Me and my Stallion are doing quit well! I just need to pony up some bucs and get the Shinn upgrade! Peter maybe you need to try the Kyosho!!!

Brant
Yeah it's good to see the old ones getting around.
I seem to remember that I was trying to encourage you to try the Kyosho around this time last year (Pearl, Mississippi). But I'm still happy with the Clone... (maybe I should send you my old Clone for a test drive eh? )

I hear the Shinn is worth every penny too.... Glad to hear you're enjoying the new ride too.
2-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:25 AM   #80
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Park View Post
Spektrum is not allowed in Korea.

But, it was used.

You can see a Xray driver next to Ryan Lee using this system.

I think this picture is from the qualifiers on Sunday morning.

Jinho Trade hosts all KMRCA events in Korea.

Jinho Trade, importer of Xray, "LET" one of their drivers use it?

Like they let Muchmore do the motor inspection, when this event had no referees.

Who is taking the fun out of RC?
Sorry, The guy next to me is out of control. He wouldn't listen to me or anyone!
There's always one who ignores rules.
It's not fault of Jinho Trade and he is not Jinho's team driver.
He runs his own shop.
KMRCA prohibited using illegal Frequency before the race but they didn't get people out of track even if they found some illegal frequency used.
This is not because KMRCA is so generous for their men but because they want to make everybody happy at the event.
I hope you understand what I mean.

Ryan
Old 09-06-2007, 07:41 PM   #81
Tech Regular

Quote:

Spektrum is not allowed in Korea.

But, it was used.

You can see a Xray driver next to Ryan Lee using this system.

I think this picture is from the qualifiers on Sunday morning.
The Spektrum issue is a constant issue here in Korea. I know about this first hand. A lot of discussion has taken place here regarding this technology.

What keeps it out is bureaucracy. Basically any wireless device in any country anywhere in the world needs a license to operate on a given frequency. The license process is slow, cumbersome, and expensive. Any importer who wants to bring in 2.4GHz spread spectrum radios has to ask themselves "can I make any money on this?" So, get the approval then worry about a) numerous competitors and b) a large grey market of 2.4 radios. Plus if I as an importer pay to get Spektrum qualified for use here any other importer who wants to import a competing 2.4GHz radio will claim similarity and get a license with a lot less fuss and cost. If could sell a large volume it's worth it but the volume just isn't that large. Ideally importers of all 2.4 GHz gear would submit a joint license approval application but that requires extensive co-operation.

With regards to races and Spektrum race orginizers officially have to say Spektrum is not allowed because that is the law. But lets face it, in ANY country RC race officials enforce race rules but NOT national laws. What if race officials said "Speeding is not allowed on the highway leading to the race track". It would be ridiculous. Enforcement of a nation's laws is a job for the police, not Joe Average. Using Spektrum is not cheating by international RC racing standards. Spektrum is allowed for use by IFMAR, ROAR, etc... So if someone used it, big deal. It's not cheating and race officials don't have the responsibility to enforce a civil ordinance. I see no problem in letting it slide.

Honestly speaking if I was a race orginizer in Korea I'd be more worried about more important issues like whether a venue is safe. If the police ever did show up to enforce the radio rule they'd be stuck giving out tickets for tons of other violations: no fire exit, no fire extinquisher, too many cars in the parking lot, etc. They'd basically have to shut the place down. If someone ever got hurt these guys could get sued for sure.

If Jinho Korea is worried about Spektrum I think they've got their priorities wrong. A safe venue for all racers should be a top priority.
going4#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:06 PM   #82
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

wow, no one said anything to me back in 2005 when I raced there with a spektrum system. I didn't even know it wasn't allowed
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:56 PM   #83
Tech Regular

Default Test

Attachment Test
Attached Thumbnails
2007 1/10 Electric Touring KOREA National Championship-finalists.jpg  
Old 09-08-2007, 04:33 AM   #84
Tech Initiate

Firstly, I would like to sincerely apologize to the Korean R/C community.

I did not mean to neglect nor disregard Korea, Koreans, or KMRCA by saying "a small race from a small country".

It was a sign off statement. Just a figure of speech. Nothing special.

I thought it was a neat way to end a report, and I am no journalist. It is something like a joke, a fun comment to end my report on the event.

Again, I would like to apologize to the Korean R/C community to those offended by my statement, and hope for their understanding.
Vince Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:40 AM   #85
Tech Initiate

Secondly, I would like to apologize to Mr. Nam, his family and everybody in relation to Mr. Nam that have been offended in the Korean R/C community because of me. I feel very responsible, because it all started with my postings here.

Mr. Nam is the living history of Korean R/C racing. He and few others(I don't want to mention names anymore) have worked very hard to bring Korean R/C up to this level today.

He had his hard time, but now he is enjoying the fruit of his endeavor, which is his son Sang-joon Nam, who is doing very well in the Korean R/C scene.

I feel deep regret about what is currently happening and I hope all these could be resolved and put to the past.

Mr. Nam, one day I will make this up to you some way. I promise.

Words cannot express the how I truly sorry I am to you and to your family.

This should not have happened, but it did. I am sure you are very very angry, but ask of your forgiveness about this matter.

I am also sorry for using your pictures for my post. I thought I stated that I took the pictures from you, but somehow it was used against you.

Finally, thank you for your post on the Daum Onroad Cafe. I will never forget what you did for me.

I am sure you must be very very angry at this whole situation. I feel ashamed of myself.

Please let us put this to the past, and let me make this up to you in someway.

I am sorry... I just don't know what to say to you... except sorry...

Last edited by Vince Park; 09-08-2007 at 04:58 AM.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:47 AM   #86
Tech Initiate

Thirdly,

I would like to make apologies to Muchmore, Jinho Trading and Ryan Lee.

I had no intention about making false statements on my post and to make Muchmore, Jinho Trading and Ryan Lee look bad.

Like I said earlier, I just started to post my reports on this event because there was this thread and nobody was posting about the race.

I should have checked more clearly about the situation and not make a biased report.

I have no relation to anyone above, nor am I working in this industry. I am an average hobbyist.

I thought we could discuss the matter about this race open heartedly in an international environment, as the forum in Korea are very careful of what they say. But, I was the problem from the beginning as the report was made up.

Once again, I am very sorry for all the trouble caused and making up stories.

Thank you for your understanding and hope for your forgiveness.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:53 AM   #87
Tech Initiate

I want all readers of this forum to know the following :

1. My report on this race was from my point of view only. The actual events that occurred is different from what I stated. Ryan's posting was found to be correct and I am deeply ashamed of posting wrong information. Ryan's story is correct because he was with the organizer.

2. I feel very ashamed of my postings, and this will never happen again.

3. I swear that I will leave this forum and never write anything else from now on.

4. My sincere apologies to anyone and everyone about my false postings.

I ask you all for forgiveness.

Thank you and goodbye.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:55 PM   #88
Tech Rookie

Default About 2.4Ghz and KMRCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by going4#1 View Post
The Spektrum issue is a constant issue here in Korea. I know about this first hand. A lot of discussion has taken place here regarding this technology.

What keeps it out is bureaucracy. Basically any wireless device in any country anywhere in the world needs a license to operate on a given frequency. The license process is slow, cumbersome, and expensive. Any importer who wants to bring in 2.4GHz spread spectrum radios has to ask themselves "can I make any money on this?" So, get the approval then worry about a) numerous competitors and b) a large grey market of 2.4 radios. Plus if I as an importer pay to get Spektrum qualified for use here any other importer who wants to import a competing 2.4GHz radio will claim similarity and get a license with a lot less fuss and cost. If could sell a large volume it's worth it but the volume just isn't that large. Ideally importers of all 2.4 GHz gear would submit a joint license approval application but that requires extensive co-operation.

With regards to races and Spektrum race orginizers officially have to say Spektrum is not allowed because that is the law. But lets face it, in ANY country RC race officials enforce race rules but NOT national laws. What if race officials said "Speeding is not allowed on the highway leading to the race track". It would be ridiculous. Enforcement of a nation's laws is a job for the police, not Joe Average. Using Spektrum is not cheating by international RC racing standards. Spektrum is allowed for use by IFMAR, ROAR, etc... So if someone used it, big deal. It's not cheating and race officials don't have the responsibility to enforce a civil ordinance. I see no problem in letting it slide.

Honestly speaking if I was a race orginizer in Korea I'd be more worried about more important issues like whether a venue is safe. If the police ever did show up to enforce the radio rule they'd be stuck giving out tickets for tons of other violations: no fire exit, no fire extinquisher, too many cars in the parking lot, etc. They'd basically have to shut the place down. If someone ever got hurt these guys could get sued for sure.

If Jinho Korea is worried about Spektrum I think they've got their priorities wrong. A safe venue for all racers should be a top priority.
Hi~ Going4#1,

I understand well with your idea.

At first, i am not wure why you saying Jinho Trade in here, forum site of wide web. Mr.Sohn is now only work for KMRCA associatoion. Association made rule for 2.4Ghz and he just keep the rule in the race. I think you are Korean and you may be in Korea. In Korea, as you said, 2.4Ghz is not allowed for R/C controll. However, many people are trying hard to get licens for 2.4Ghz. So, now I know now almost done processing for that. Do you know why KMRCA don't agree with 2.4Ghz using in the race? It is simple. It is the national rule and if they orgernize the race illegally goverment can stop the race all. Goverment will watch their eyes on R/C races that orgernized by KMRCA. That's why KMRCA keep the race without 2.4Ghz radio.

For example, in Japan, they never allowed 2.4Ghz radio. Even 2007 IFMAR Championsjip in Japan on next week, IFMAR also not allowed 2.4Ghz and drivers only can use Japan allowed frequency. In Japan also keep the public law in the race. As you know FUTABA and JR, they have 2.4Ghz system for R/C radio controller. They now sell lots of 2.4Ghz systems to all of the world. However, they don't sell in Japan market.

Company, asoociation and people have to keep the law in they live. That is the rule with other people and me. When we keep the rule and we can ask about cahaning rule or improvement.

I heard 2.5Ghz may can use in Korea soonly. We need to keep and wait for that, then we can enjoy with fun.
MatthewCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:55 PM   #89
Tech Rookie

Default About 2.4Ghz and KMRCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by going4#1 View Post

Hi~ Going4#1,

I understand well with your idea.

At first, i am not wure why you saying Jinho Trade in here, forum site of wide web. Mr.Sohn is now only work for KMRCA associatoion. Association made rule for 2.4Ghz and he just keep the rule in the race. I think you are Korean and you may be in Korea. In Korea, as you said, 2.4Ghz is not allowed for R/C controll. However, many people are trying hard to get licens for 2.4Ghz. So, now I know now almost done processing for that. Do you know why KMRCA don't agree with 2.4Ghz using in the race? It is simple. It is the national rule and if they orgernize the race illegally goverment can stop the race all. Goverment will watch their eyes on R/C races that orgernized by KMRCA. That's why KMRCA keep the race without 2.4Ghz radio.

For example, in Japan, they never allowed 2.4Ghz radio. Even 2007 IFMAR Championsjip in Japan on next week, IFMAR also not allowed 2.4Ghz and drivers only can use Japan allowed frequency. In Japan also keep the public law in the race. As you know FUTABA and JR, they have 2.4Ghz system for R/C radio controller. They now sell lots of 2.4Ghz systems to all of the world. However, they don't sell in Japan market.

Company, asoociation and people have to keep the law in they live. That is the rule with other people and me. When we keep the rule and we can ask about cahaning rule or improvement.

I heard 2.5Ghz may can use in Korea soonly. We need to keep and wait for that, then we can enjoy with fun.
MatthewCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:17 PM   #90
Tech Rookie

Smile

Quote:
I want all readers of this forum to know the following :

1. My report on this race was from my point of view only. The actual events that occurred is different from what I stated. Ryan's posting was found to be correct and I am deeply ashamed of posting wrong information. Ryan's story is correct because he was with the organizer.

2. I feel very ashamed of my postings, and this will never happen again.

3. I swear that I will leave this forum and never write anything else from now on.

4. My sincere apologies to anyone and everyone about my false postings.

I ask you all for forgiveness.

Thank you and goodbye.
Hi Vince

I applaud screwing up your courage.. Every human being is living with mistake everyday.. this is one of them.. but pls remember we have to take the responsibility of the result in any way.. so don't do this kind of mistake again in future.. I hate your mistake not you.. so Be relaxed..
Let bygones be bygones..

From ZeroNine in Korea
ZeroNine is offline   Reply With Quote