R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   tire repair (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/17598-tire-repair.html)

stoopidbstrd 05-04-2003 01:51 PM

tire repair

my tires are old and cracking. can i put something on them to repair them, like vaseline or something?
thanks.

traxxasdude 05-04-2003 01:55 PM

What do yo mean by old and cracking? are they hard and very rough compared to when they were new, if so they are probably beyond repair.

SMACKMASTER 05-04-2003 01:57 PM

Re: tire repair

Originally posted by stoopidbstrd
my tires are old and cracking. can i put something on them to repair them, like vaseline or something?
thanks.

oh my god what the heck is the problem just by some new tires and wheels and go on with life and I think I know why you want to know about VASELINE!!!!!

traxxasdude 05-04-2003 02:01 PM

he's just trying to save some money. and what the hecks wrong with just trying to save about 15 bucks.

popsracer 05-04-2003 02:15 PM

Re: tire repair

thanks.

stoopidbstrd;

There is only ONE way to solve this problem:

Walk out to the Circular file and drop them in, then buy some NEW ones.

Brian McGreevy 05-04-2003 02:16 PM

Re: Re: tire repair

Originally posted by popsracer
stoopidbstrd;

There is only ONE way to solve this problem:

Walk out to the Circular file and drop them in, then buy some NEW ones.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

SMACKMASTER 05-04-2003 02:22 PM

Originally posted by traxxasdude
he's just trying to save some money. and what the hecks wrong with just trying to save about 15 bucks.
Oh nothing is wrong with it. whats next MY COM IS WORE OUT SO BAD I HAVE CHUNKS COMING OFF DO YOU THINK I COULD SOLDER SOME MORE BRASS ON IT

popsracer 05-04-2003 02:34 PM

Com Repair

SMACKMASTER;

Actually yes. I've used a Copper Penny to RE-Com my Motors for years now and they are as fast as ever.:nod:

stoopidbstrd 05-04-2003 02:43 PM

im guessing they cant be repaired. what i meant was that they are getting dry and the sides are starting to crack.

you see im poor and i live with my grandparents because my mother and father died in world war 2. i cant afford to buy new tires. these tires arent even mine. i got them from my friend before he was about to throw them away. actually i got my car from me friend. all i wish to do is have fun. if you guys are moved by what ive said, id like if you guys could donate some money to me so i can but some new tires. help a poor boy out. :cry:

R C king 05-04-2003 08:45 PM

Is that aTRUE story??? If so what kind of tires do you need?

mb racer 05-04-2003 09:41 PM

Re: Com Repair

Originally posted by popsracer
SMACKMASTER;

Actually yes. I've used a Copper Penny to RE-Com my Motors for years now and they are as fast as ever.:nod:

I'd actuallly like to see a penny repaired com that's fast as ever:lol: :lol: More like I saved enough PENNIES to buy a new com....!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bring it and I'll let you run some batteries ...:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D

popsracer 05-04-2003 09:49 PM

Com Repair

stoopidbstrd;

Even if you were 1 MINUTE Old when your Parents died in WW2, you've had over 50 years to get a life (job), so No-ones buying it. Send ME YOUR stuff for evaluation and I'll send you the pieces back when I'm done. Honest, all of them. :smile:

mb racer;

Let me have your BEST Motor and I'll RE-Com it for you. I promise it will run like it never has before!! You supply the Penny.:D

TAO4R 05-04-2003 10:53 PM

He may not be poor but unlike some of you he porbably doesn't have unlimited funding. you can buy this stuff called tire traction compount in a tin can like what rubber cement comes in. It will make you tires stickey again and help seals some of the cracks.

traxxasdude 05-05-2003 02:40 AM

im guessing they cant be repaired. what i meant was that they are getting dry and the sides are starting to crack.

you see im poor and i live with my grandparents because my mother and father died in world war 2. i cant afford to buy new tires. these tires arent even mine. i got them from my friend before he was about to throw them away. actually i got my car from me friend. all i wish to do is have fun. if you guys are moved by what ive said, id like if you guys could donate some money to me so i can but some new tires. help a poor boy out. :cry:

how could your parents die in world war 2 if you were not alive in world war 2. Your profile says that you're 17.

traxxasdude 05-05-2003 03:16 PM

Originally posted by SMACKMASTER
Oh nothing is wrong with it. whats next MY COM IS WORE OUT SO BAD I HAVE CHUNKS COMING OFF DO YOU THINK I COULD SOLDER SOME MORE BRASS ON IT
comms arn't made of brass.