New JACO foam sedan tires

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New JACO foam sedan tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Suspended

Yep. With enough hype and marketing, crap sells.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

No, really Suge Knight is laughing all the way to the bank.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Fortunately, in this industry, customers are better informed so your theory does not apply.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:44 AM
Suspended

Is that why the TC4 is a three-time winner of R/C Car Action's Reader's Choice Award for best sedan?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Hey Toot, despite your efforts to somehow diminish our accomplishments at the IIC, we are seeing record sales of the Prism sedan and 1/12 tires. Not to mention our rubber tires. Talk is cheap.
I'm sure once everyone gets a chance to run and develop setups for the new Prism tires, results will come along.

My personal experiences with the Prism's are good. I'm having trouble getting the same lap times I was having with the 26mm 2-stage tires, but they are more durable. Currently the Parma Pro 53 Magenta's seem to work better for me, driving more consistently and is more forgiving. at the current time.

I'm not ready to give up on the Prism's, because I think the issues I'm having are a setup issue, and I haven't seen any AE or XRAY Team Drivers post new setups using these tires yet.

Jack, do you have any influence with AE or XRAY, we all would like to see some new setups with these tires.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Jack, ygm
Old 10-17-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ass Toot
Is that why the TC4 is a three-time winner of R/C Car Action's Reader's Choice Award for best sedan?

No, thats because RCCA is for kids and T-maxx owners. Not racers
Old 10-17-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kn7671
I'm sure once everyone gets a chance to run and develop setups for the new Prism tires, results will come along.

My personal experiences with the Prism's are good. I'm having trouble getting the same lap times I was having with the 26mm 2-stage tires, but they are more durable. Currently the Parma Pro 53 Magenta's seem to work better for me, driving more consistently and is more forgiving. at the current time.

I'm not ready to give up on the Prism's, because I think the issues I'm having are a setup issue, and I haven't seen any AE or XRAY Team Drivers post new setups using these tires yet.

Jack, do you have any influence with AE or XRAY, we all would like to see some new setups with these tires.
Which compound are you running? If you are slower with double pink, I would try magenta or even pink. A lot of our drivers liked the feel of these at the IIC.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Which compound are you running? If you are slower with double pink, I would try magenta or even pink. A lot of our drivers liked the feel of these at the IIC.
Yes, double pinks. When using the 26mm 2-stage, I ran DP as well. I'll have to get the hobby shop to order some Magenta's to try.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And he is laughing at you all the way to the bank.
Not to mention I am a very satisfied owner of "To The Extreme"!

Vanilla Ice continues to this day to provide me with enjoyment you could not begin to comprehend.
Timeless classics like "Stop That Train" and "Hooked" live on forever my friend.

Nick
Old 10-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Lord

On my second try, I've had some trouble with these tires peeling from the rim on the outside. Do you guys re-glue a new set, or just run them as is? I don't think our traction is high enough to glue side walls, so I avoid that if I can.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Glue rim/tire interface when new and once/raceday thereafter. Go up sidewall more for 2-stage tires.

Where do I get my info? "Foam Tires for Dummies" thread of course

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...+tires+dummies
Old 10-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by syndr0me
On my second try, I've had some trouble with these tires peeling from the rim on the outside. Do you guys re-glue a new set, or just run them as is? I don't think our traction is high enough to glue side walls, so I avoid that if I can.
Try running a little more camber. You could run a thin bead of CA also, but I think the camber change should do the trick.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

syndr0me - Most think I'm nuts but I always use 1.5-2.5 degrees of front camber with 2.5-3.5 degrees of rear camber. I do put just a fine bead of super glue right where the rim/foam meet. Also, use thin CA. The thick stuff will actually make a thick, hard layer that will actually catch on the carpet if you do "hike" tires causing the tire to tear. Since I've used thin CA and ran enough camber, I only have a tire chunk or peel due to a crash.

In Vegas, I ran Prism's on my TC but rather than Double Pinks I used Pinks... More grip and steering!! Now if I only would have driven a little better!!
Old 10-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Lord

Jack & Josh,

Thank you both for the input. I used the thin glue like you suggested, and then I took the wheel to the truer and slightly sanded down the edges to smooth out any rough surface the glue may have left to catch on something. I ran last night without any peeling issues, so maybe that was indeed the issue. I'll keep the camber changes in mind as well. I have noticed that smoother steering input gives the tire a much better chance of survival, so I've been mindful to not pitch the car too much by overdriving into the turns, even though it has the steering to do it.

We've got a smallish track with modest grip, and double pinks seem to give me all the steering I need. But, I haven't tried pinks or magentas to know if they'd do any better. Most of the other guys run Parma 53 magentas, and seem to be really fast. But, dish wheels, man... yuck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.