New JACO foam sedan tires

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New JACO foam sedan tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

The pink, purple, etc rubber is actually MORE dense than the white, gray, etc. The cell structure is more hardness dependent than anything. A pink is more open pored than a purple even though they are in the same family of rubber. A white is more porous than a gray for the same reason.
The pink, purple, etc tires ARE actually gas rubber. We use these for rears only. The front rubber for gas is completely different and doesn't work well on carpet.
The white, gray, yellow family relies more on traction compound for bite than the the pink, purple family. Those tires heat up and create bite.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for elevating this thread from informative to extremely useful.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by timmay70

Couldnt have said it better, Thanks Jack.

the more we know, and the less confusion there is the better...
Old 08-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Glad to help. I would be happy to answer any questions about tires. And if I don't know the answer, I will make one up that sounds really good. lol.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by timmay70
So true. These guys know there stuff very informative, I wish the rest of the thread was like this thread.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Jack, I have a question for you, but not relating to these particular tires. It is about Jaco foams though. Do they have a shelf life at all? Reason I ask is I bought quite a few sets of foams about 4-5 months ago from someone here on the board. Reason being we had a carpet track and it was a good deal so I went for it. Well as things go our track closed and I never got a chance to use said tires and they have been sitting in the boxes since the purchase. I figured I just now have tires for IIC in LV this year since they are all new but I have been curious as to whether or not they can actually go bad from sitting around. I have no idea how long the previous owner had them before I got them. Thanks in advance for your response.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

As long as they have been in the box and out of the sunlight they should be fine. We have run tires that were 5 years old and won races with them. I don't know the shelf life of an average set, but if kept out of the light, I would say it is years. If you don't see dry rot crack lines, a quick cut on the truer should bring them back to life.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Thank you Sir, I appreciate the quick reply.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

What I do with my tires is vacuum seal them, they will last for years when you open the seal you can still smell the fresh tire scent.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

will these be ready for cleveland ray just wondering might run them
Old 08-20-2007, 06:22 AM
Tech Champion

After talking with Ray and Rick from Jaco/SMC and testing these tires this past weekend at Mimi's in MD, it sounds as though they may be ready for Vegas.

These rims are amazing. They really do look way better in person. They are very lightweight, and perform very very well. Rick Monahan and I ran the 26mm wraps all weekend long getting our cars dialed in to the track, then threw on the new Prism wheel and each picked up a tenth immediately, and after a few small tweaks we were easily 3 tenths faster than we had gone all weekend. I know my car felt more planted and more responsive entering and exiting the turns. Cornerspeed improved quite noticeably. I think the lighter wheels are going to be a huge advantage in stock due to having less rotating mass, and less unsprung weight.

As far as durability goes, I didn't hit too much with them on my car but I didn't have any problems at all with the rims.

I want to thank Jack for allowing Ray and Rick to come up and practice at my home track with me, and giving us all the opportunity to test out a great new product. Also thanks to Rick and Ray for the help and entertainment all weekend long!
Old 08-20-2007, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Jack- I want to ask a question about gas tires.... When you said that pink, purples were rear tires for gas what is the difference in the fronts. Why do they make fronts different than rears. I am confused as to there purpose...
Rafael
Old 08-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Gas front rubber is very different. It is a completely separate mix, sheet size, price, part number, sheet thickness, etc. The gas front tires last longer than the rears tires and resist abrasion and chunking better. They get much less bite than the rears and make the cars a little "pushy"- which seems to be the correct balance for gas cars. If you run rear rubber on the front (and your name is NOT Paul Lemieux) the car will traction roll and the tires will wear out too quickly. If you run front rubber on the rear, chances are you will just do donuts.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Jack- Thanks for the quick response. What effect does the rim size have on the tire hardness in the case of the different rims you have...
Rafael
Old 08-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Regular

Following on from the previous question, in electric, is there a difference between front and rear compounds of the same rating.

Thanks

Pete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.