R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2008, 01:45 PM   #361
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 793
Default

The only reason we say this is because we get back wheels that obviously were used extensively on the track before "breaking". You should see some of the wheels we get back....wheels with paint on the rim from rubbing/bashing the wall with a letter stating "I didn't hit a thing, they just broke!" Hmmmm.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:04 PM   #362
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,776
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Is this type of breakage reflect a wheel Jaco would warranty? The tire is 2.150". The CF look has mostly all flaked off due to the break. I realize Jaco has a business to support, and I'm not looking to cheat them out of anything. I'd just like to know if I should save my time and postage, or if I have a legitimate warranty claim. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
New JACO foam sedan tires-pic-0108.jpg   New JACO foam sedan tires-pic-0109.jpg  
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:03 PM   #363
Tech Elite
 
THeGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,012
Send a message via AIM to THeGame
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
Is this type of breakage reflect a wheel Jaco would warranty? The tire is 2.150". The CF look has mostly all flaked off due to the break. I realize Jaco has a business to support, and I'm not looking to cheat them out of anything. I'd just like to know if I should save my time and postage, or if I have a legitimate warranty claim. Thanks!
What kind of hit did you take for that to happen ?
__________________
Team Gravity Rc - G's R/C Raceway and Hobbies - Waldorf RC - TheTrack
THeGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:20 PM   #364
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,776
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THeGame View Post
What kind of hit did you take for that to happen ?
I honestly don't know. We are running 4 cell 17.5, so its not all that fast. I hit the boards here and there, but nothing spectacular. I am not even sure when it happened. I went to prep my car for race day and while checking my bearings I couldn't figure out why the wheel was wobbly. I haven't broken anything on the car, and I finished all the aces I have started with it. I prolly was racing with it and didn't know. lol
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:23 PM   #365
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 734
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

The cf will flake off anyways. Hit it once with a compressor and most will flake off.
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:25 PM   #366
Tech Elite
 
THeGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,012
Send a message via AIM to THeGame
Default

I have hit my fair share of stuff on the track. To do that to the rim it must have been a nice hit or something. I have yet to have any problems with the Jaco rims or foam…
__________________
Team Gravity Rc - G's R/C Raceway and Hobbies - Waldorf RC - TheTrack
THeGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:25 PM   #367
Tech Fanatic
 
trailranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 946
Default

I'm thinking about mixing up my tire setup.

I bought a Good-USED TC5 to replace my Xrays and the car came with alot of GRP tires. Enough tires that I didn't need to rush a order from Stormer for Jaco's. Personal I just like Jaco for my Sedan and 1:12, but after running oval all sumer I don't want another tire box! I had a tire box with 6 air tight containers and any given weeked I was lugging 60+ tires to the track to fine tune my Oval Car.

Would Double Pink/ Orange all around work for a car setup? This is just for local club racing and I wanted to reduce my tire inventory to just one compound that is unversial for front and back so I can maximize the use of USED tires.

My logic was that I understand that the Orange outer ring will increase the side bite a little and reduce chunking, and the Double Pink Inner will still give me the forward grip I need. I know all one compound setups work like Magentas, or all the same Rubber compound, but I didn't know if anyone had experience with using dual compounds all around.

On my oval car, I use Dual compounds all the time for the rear and the corner speed seems to improve and I have less issues of the tire failing at the outter edge.

Any thoughts? Am I crazy?

I'll let every know how my experiement worked in two weeks. I am taking next weekend off to go Deer Hunting
trailranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:35 PM   #368
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,813
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

JoelV is very correct in what he says Andrew, regardless of what THeGame says. Hit those suckers with a fairly good amount of compressed air, and it flakes off. No big deal, but it is unsightly.........
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:42 PM   #369
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,776
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

ya, Ive seen it happening on the rears. I just mentioned it flaking off since these were a new set and I wanted it to be clear they weren't even old enough to have begun flaking off before I noticed they were craked. Kinda reminds me of the time I had to finish a body with Krylon. First time the body flexed, all the paint flaked off. So y'all think I should send in the wheel for warranty?
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:39 AM   #370
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,749
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailranger View Post
I'm thinking about mixing up my tire setup.

I bought a Good-USED TC5 to replace my Xrays and the car came with alot of GRP tires. Enough tires that I didn't need to rush a order from Stormer for Jaco's. Personal I just like Jaco for my Sedan and 1:12, but after running oval all sumer I don't want another tire box! I had a tire box with 6 air tight containers and any given weeked I was lugging 60+ tires to the track to fine tune my Oval Car.

Would Double Pink/ Orange all around work for a car setup? This is just for local club racing and I wanted to reduce my tire inventory to just one compound that is unversial for front and back so I can maximize the use of USED tires.

My logic was that I understand that the Orange outer ring will increase the side bite a little and reduce chunking, and the Double Pink Inner will still give me the forward grip I need. I know all one compound setups work like Magentas, or all the same Rubber compound, but I didn't know if anyone had experience with using dual compounds all around.

On my oval car, I use Dual compounds all the time for the rear and the corner speed seems to improve and I have less issues of the tire failing at the outter edge.

Any thoughts? Am I crazy?

I'll let every know how my experiement worked in two weeks. I am taking next weekend off to go Deer Hunting
Its much more common to use rear single compound tires all around in TC vs that way, I've mistakenly put the wrong tires on the back and the car just spun out, is it possible to come up with a setup that works, maybe but you'll be alone in that hunt If you want to simply your tires run rubber if your track has a class, you'll only ever need 2 sets and they will probably last you a month each.
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:05 AM   #371
Tech Fanatic
 
trailranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Its much more common to use rear single compound tires all around in TC vs that way, I've mistakenly put the wrong tires on the back and the car just spun out, is it possible to come up with a setup that works, maybe but you'll be alone in that hunt If you want to simply your tires run rubber if your track has a class, you'll only ever need 2 sets and they will probably last you a month each.
Don't say "Rubber" Too loud, I may be put back on race probation:Foam only.

I suppose I would have to change my setup, but that will just make me learn a little more about my car and how to tune it. My car is already a little pushy so maybe I'll get lucky and be OK. If I had more than 30 min of drive time on my TC5 I am sure I could have a more nutral setup. In oval racing, dual compounds works for me so I thought I would give it a shot in Sedan. The only difference is that pan cars are soild axles, and sedans have camber gain.

I read that firmer foam gave more side bite, but less forward grip. Softer more forward grip, but less side bite.

The theory was based on sidewall compromise. Too soft and the flex is so great the contact patch is distorted and lifted and foam edge is rolling onto itself reducing grip of chunking a tire. Just right on the firmness and the rubber will still grip unloaded and when the sidewall compromises a little the grip is increased. Too firm and, DUH NO grip from the rubber and no sidewall compromise so NO additional sidebite grip can be gained.

Last weekend was the money race, $$$ , so I take it easy for a few weeks and experiement.
trailranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:13 AM   #372
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,749
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

From what I've tried it is true about the sidewall stiffness, I was lent a set of parma corals to try when the magentas I had been running were "flippy" and the car did lose tendency to traction roll but still had grip. I don't like that the super soft compounds don't last though so I started running either DP/O or cyan fronts. Another option is to run Lilac or purples all around, you can tune the front with CA'ng the sidewalls if you have a bit to much bite and should have good wear.
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:52 AM   #373
Tech Elite
 
Warren Weaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NASCAR COUNTRY
Posts: 2,479
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Jaco tires are by far the best and also excellent customer service
__________________
R1 WURKS-AWESOMATIX USA-LRP-BITTYDESIGN-TQ WIRE-PROTOTYPE RACING-SWEEP RACING-TXDSKINGRAPHIX-HOBMAX-THE RUG-TEAM EZDUZIT
R.I.P. MY FRIEND JDUB MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
Warren Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Parma and Jaco Sedan Foam tires Bigdaddyswank R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-04-2008 01:15 PM
JACO Sedan Foam Tires ORANGE DOG R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 03-28-2008 06:29 PM
Jaco 26mm 2-stage Sedan Foam Tires.. BSchorr R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 12-17-2007 08:00 PM
10 Pair Jaco 1/10 Sedan Foam Tires JAC5156 DBL Pink 2 Stage 26m donny R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 09-10-2007 08:55 PM
Jaco Sedan Foam Tires Ginsu R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-24-2006 01:21 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:57 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net