Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking After Batteries, Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

Default Looking After Batteries, Help!

I just bought sum Sanyo 3000H and would like to know how and when to charge and how to look after them. And when to discharge.

Thanks
Old 05-03-2003, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Discharge your batteries at at least 20 amps after every run down to 5.40 volts. A discharger such as an Integy Reactor 20 or 30 can do this for you if your charger does not. Charge them around 5 to 6 amps, .07 mv cutoff. You want your batteries to peak nice and warm, but not so hot that you can't hold them in your hand. When you're done with them after race day, if you have a equilizer tray such as the Trinity Real Time 2, put them on the tray and take them off just as the lights go out.
Old 05-04-2003, 01:18 AM
Tech Adept

I dont have an equaliser at the mo. As i just started im skint lol.
Are they vital.

Do i discharge after every race or after my whole race day.

And the night b4 i race do i charge them up on slower charge or just keep it at 5 - 6 amp still.

THanks
Old 05-04-2003, 05:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have a Pirahna Digital Peak Charger, and a XXX-T, along with a Reedy X-Rated 3000 Sanyo stick pack. It takes me about an hour to charge the stick pack, at 4.3 volts (it can go up to 5). What is all about discharging? I just run/play with my truck until it creeps on full throttle, then I bring it over to myself, turn it off, then transmitter, let it cool some, take the battery out, and hang it up for the night! Do I need to discharge my Reedy?
Old 05-04-2003, 05:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Also, what is Peak charge, Trickle charge, and this thing on my charger called "mC/V"? I have the "mC/V" thing set at 4.9, which is stock setting. Thanks for the battery brains boys.