New Battery

Old 08-03-2007, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default New Battery

Hi all, I am new to battery. May I know what is best method to brake-in new battery. I am palnning to do as cycle the battery for 5 times with 0.2a charger and 0.2a discharge. Do this method good enough or you have any good method to advise me. By the way, the new battery need to discharge 1st or charge 1st? Thanks.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

equilize, charge 5amps, run it on the track fpr 5mins, then equilize.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Lipo or Nimh?

For Nimh, use an equalizing tray to discharge the pack so that each cell reaches .9v/cell, then peak at 6.5 amps and run. When the car gets slow, put the battery back on the tray down to .9v/cell, let cool, then charge again. Cycling batteries only serves to decrease it's useful race life.

Lipo, you need to pray to the voodoo gods and bless with some bat blood and nat ass hair mixture, combined with an Indian rain dance... Actually, I will let those with Lipo's answer that question.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by timmay70
Lipo or Nimh?

For Nimh, use an equalizing tray to discharge the pack so that each cell reaches .9v/cell, then peak at 6.5 amps and run. When the car gets slow, put the battery back on the tray down to .9v/cell, let cool, then charge again. Cycling batteries only serves to decrease it's useful race life.

Lipo, you need to pray to the voodoo gods and bless with some bat blood and nat ass hair mixture, combined with an Indian rain dance... Actually, I will let those with Lipo's answer that question.
Hi, I am sorry that I not mention what type of battery. Actually is Ni-Mh AA size battery for my Tx. I only have Ripmax Prodigy II charger. I will charger 8 battery per time. Please advise and thanks.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tkhoo
Hi, I am sorry that I not mention what type of battery. Actually is Ni-Mh AA size battery for my Tx. I only have Ripmax Prodigy II charger. I will charger 8 battery per time. Please advise and thanks.
yeah, I'd say that 6.5 amps may be a little much for AAs. Just charge them and use them. You can probably charge at 1 - 1.2 amps. I don't know about your charger, though, sorry.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

HEY DO YOU GUYS KNOW A GOOD WAY TO BREAK IN MY NEW SHOCK OIL?
Old 08-04-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by timmay70
yeah, I'd say that 6.5 amps may be a little much for AAs. Just charge them and use them. You can probably charge at 1 - 1.2 amps. I don't know about your charger, though, sorry.
Hi, may I know that 1-1.2amps is too much for new battery? I hear that new battery need slow charge and with few cycle, correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

never mind, just read where these were AA tx batteries,
Old 08-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blisster
HEY DO YOU GUYS KNOW A GOOD WAY TO BREAK IN MY NEW SHOCK OIL?
here is what amps do lower amp numbers hold a charge for longer and higher amps will have a higher peak voltage but you might run into temp problems ussually batterys wont vent or relive internal pressure until 120 degrees but then the battery will never hold a charge as good as it did.