R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cpatel529 Send a message via Yahoo to cpatel529

What is the IRS website? Do they sell a tweak station?
cpatel529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:28 PM   #17
Tech Adept

cpatel,
Our web site is TeamIRSrc.com
No we do not have a tweak station.

Dave
Diffdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:36 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Hey cpatel529 heres the IRS web site:

http://www.teamirsrc.com/

I Highly recommend you check these two hot items out

IRS4040 IRS VCS Micro Shock Kit - Silver
IRS4041 IRS VCS Micro Shock Kit - Blue
IRS4042 IRS VCS Micro Shock Kit - Black
IRS4043 IRS VCS Micro Shock Kit - Red
IRS4044 IRS VCS Micro Shock Kit - Nickel/Teflon

IRS4221
IRS Lower Suspension Arm Kit for Associated 1/10th & 1/12th Front Ends - The arms are universal (no left or right). The kit comes with 2 arms, 4 screws, 4 0.100" thick & 4 0.055" thick spacers.
Attached Thumbnails
IRS Balance Tools for TC and 1/12th-2.jpg   IRS Balance Tools for TC and 1/12th-capture.jpg  

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:58 PM   #19
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TigeRyan

The IRS VCS shock is a much have! Works awesome and never leaks, just simply awesome!
TigeRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Brilliant!!
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:17 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
i got these new balance tools from IRS that really worked awesome.they are brand new so i thought i would share some pics and info. they allow you to set the balance of your car very easily and are very precise.they have 2 pins that fit into the holes on your chassis and you set the car down.you can do this with or without wheels on the car.it allows the car to roll on the 1/2 ball very easily for the most accurate balance measurement.they are simple to use and the most accurate i have used.
These things look like rubber feet that you can get from any hardware store.
They go on the bottom of stools, chairs etc. They look like the nails have been dremelled down....?
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:15 AM   #22
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

trust me they are not.they are machined delrin 1/2 balls with precision dowel pins installed.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 06:32 AM   #23
Tech Adept

I see a couple of So Called racers are compairing our Balance Buttons to feet for chair bottoms. Myself and Jason have created a simple solution to a sometimes complicated problem. These are precision manufactured parts because that is what it takes to do the job correctly. I want these people to go to HD or Lowes and spend their hard earned pennies and see how they work.
Next time before you go comparing a companies products to some nickle and dime piece of junk how about actually looking at the real parts before you destroy it. These are the people that always have a better idea after someome else does all the hard work. I am not talking just about IRS products. I see this same type of criticism all the time with all the companies that do the best they can to produce quality products. I don't see the people that do most of the complaingin doing ANYTHING to help the hobby they just try to wreck it. I would rather racers like that not use ANY IRS products. If you get mad at this post then you know who your are. I'm sure they will be jumping on and telling me I'm wrong but when you get to be in this hobby as long as me then you MIGHT have a leg to stand on.

Dave Irrgang - Owner Irrgang Racing Products
Old 08-03-2007, 09:24 AM   #24
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diffdude View Post
I see a couple of So Called racers are compairing our Balance Buttons to feet for chair bottoms. Myself and Jason have created a simple solution to a sometimes complicated problem. These are precision manufactured parts because that is what it takes to do the job correctly. I want these people to go to HD or Lowes and spend their hard earned pennies and see how they work.
Next time before you go comparing a companies products to some nickle and dime piece of junk how about actually looking at the real parts before you destroy it. These are the people that always have a better idea after someome else does all the hard work. I am not talking just about IRS products. I see this same type of criticism all the time with all the companies that do the best they can to produce quality products. I don't see the people that do most of the complaingin doing ANYTHING to help the hobby they just try to wreck it. I would rather racers like that not use ANY IRS products. If you get mad at this post then you know who your are. I'm sure they will be jumping on and telling me I'm wrong but when you get to be in this hobby as long as me then you MIGHT have a leg to stand on.

Dave Irrgang - Owner Irrgang Racing Products
you are having Jason, owner and operator of his own company, give us details about one of your products. maybe if you would step up and put some details about your products on the web, people wouldn't be jumping to conclusions about them. when I see limited info on something and other guys saying "oh, it is so-and-so product that you can pick up for $10 less at your local hardware store" I automatically go "sweet, get a cool product and have $10 more to spend on tires."

alas, I still support you, Dave. I have more Irrgang stickers in my sticker box then I know what to do with.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:40 AM   #25
Tech Adept

smojoe,
Jason did the post on his own I didn't ask him to do it. You can always contact me to get any information you want about IRS products. Just because I don't spend my life online doesn't mean I don't have info.
If the chair foot protectors is such a good idea why where they not in the RC market before now. I am just very tired of racers going online and trashing products or saying "OH I Can Do It Better" after someone else takes the time to think of it and spends the money to develope it. It seems to me that everyone wants the manufactures to tell them what they need instead of actually doing research on their own. Also if they can do it better why don't they!!!!!!!

Dave Irrgang
Old 08-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default new designs and thoughts

It is much easier to say something than do it. Most people (not just rc racers, but most people,) don't understand what it takes to come up with a product, make it, market it, and then sell it.

As an extreme example, I once read that a "user" was complaining that microsoft office cost $400, when the price of the cd was 15 cents. Unfortunately, this type of thinking is all too common.

The half circle balancing idea is a good. If someone wants to make their own by:
1) driving to lowes or home depot
2) buying chair protectors for $3-$4
3) taking of the fabric protector on 2)
4) hoping 2) were made to tolerances,

that is their choice. But bashing a product, that while simple, is also good, only shows people's ignorance.

Most tools evolve from fairly simple ideas. The key is in the tolerances and quality of the tool. (compare a walmart $2 wrench to a sears craftman $12 wrench.)

Dave, keep the ideas coming.
billjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:51 AM   #27
Tech Champion

Quote:
cpatel,
Our web site is TeamIRSrc.com
No we do not have a tweak station.

Dave
I'm in the process of creating a 12 scale set-up station/board ( the board is 12 by 12 ). You will be able to measure track width and each individual wheel from the center of the car and toe in/out. I'm looking to see what other kind of setup settings I can put on this as well....

BTW the cost so far... $25.... It's simple but effective....
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:06 AM   #28
Tech Champion

Quote:
smojoe,
Jason did the post on his own I didn't ask him to do it. You can always contact me to get any information you want about IRS products. Just because I don't spend my life online doesn't mean I don't have info.
If the chair foot protectors is such a good idea why where they not in the RC market before now. I am just very tired of racers going online and trashing products or saying "OH I Can Do It Better" after someone else takes the time to think of it and spends the money to develope it. It seems to me that everyone wants the manufactures to tell them what they need instead of actually doing research on their own. Also if they can do it better why don't they!!!!!!!

Dave Irrgang
BTW foot protectors are not a good idea because: The rubber is too soft and will deform very quickly ( flat spot ). There are different types of rubber used causing them to be porous and it will have lots of bubbles. The "metal" rod is set it and not centered. The nail will not stay in place so everytime you use it will give you a different reading and not every nail will be the same...

Dave, if you think about it this forum is a great place to annouce/show/inform people of new/updated products. The membership of this forum will pass on any and all good stuff to the local tracks. But it will also pass along any and all "bad" stuff as well...
RC Tech member #11
Old 08-03-2007, 11:51 AM   #29
Tech Adept

Nova F1 Racer,
I'm glad to hear you are working on a product for the industry, good luck.
I do try to let people know what is going on but I loose interest when I announce a new product and even before it goes out the door the Nay Sayers are condemming it. I have found it easier to let our distributors announce our products. It is tough though to keep coming out with new products constantly. There is a good group of manufactures in our industry and it is tough to stay ahead of everyone.
For the most part RC Racers are a fun group. It is the people that just want to complain about everything that make it tough. If they knew what it took to stay alive in this industry I'm sure they would SHUT UP!!
Good luck with your project and I hope to see one someday.

Dave
Old 08-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #30
Tech Champion

Quote:
Nova F1 Racer,
I'm glad to hear you are working on a product for the industry, good luck.
I do try to let people know what is going on but I loose interest when I announce a new product and even before it goes out the door the Nay Sayers are condemming it. I have found it easier to let our distributors announce our products. It is tough though to keep coming out with new products constantly. There is a good group of manufactures in our industry and it is tough to stay ahead of everyone.
For the most part RC Racers are a fun group. It is the people that just want to complain about everything that make it tough. If they knew what it took to stay alive in this industry I'm sure they would SHUT UP!!
Good luck with your project and I hope to see one someday.

Dave
Thanks Dave, opinions are like assholes.. Just some are bigger than others...
You it's kinda funny that 5 years ago I was complaining to my lovely wifey-poo Donna that the 2 side tape would not hold the receiver/ESC/etc on the car.. She said try this... I tried it and low and behold I have never had a piece fail me since... It's rated to hold 100 pound pictures so it has to be durable.. I have given pieces to a lot of racers and they liked it... You know what it was? From a local craft store... 3M picture frame 2 sided tape... The grey version.... I tried the 3M clear version and it just don't hold as well.... 2 years ago Parma came out with the clear version..... Same stuff I've tried and didn't like it as well as the grey version. I've also found that by putting on 2 pieces on top of one another no more glitches.... It's great insullation for carbon fibre chassis as well.......

BTW Craft stores are GREAT for getting RC tools and supplies.....
RC Tech member #11