R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Looking to get in to electric Touring cars

Hi guys i am after a little help if possible i am considering getting in to electric touring cars for the winter as there is a club very local which is very laid back and looks like fun so really i am going to do the unspeekable and ask "whats the best newbie touring car setup"

i have been scanning ebay and i love the look of the hot bodies cyclone and the schumacher Mi2 but as i am just starting out i am not sure what kit to buy

if anyone can point me to a UK touring car forum that would be alot of help so i can do a bit of recarch before i delve in to the electric scene for the winter

thanks in advance for any help that dosent involve "use the search feature" because i already have :whistle
B-Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:07 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice

Not sure what the UK scene is but having access to spare parts at your local hobby shop is important to a lot of people (it is to me). Personally, I am super happy with my Losi JRX-S cars. Inexpensive on the used market but still competitive. Again, not sure of the UK scene so maybe that car isn't popular or available there but it's worth a look. Whatever you do, don't go cheap and get something that won't be competitive - it will be a waste of money in the long run.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:49 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Tamiya TA05R, cheap and Tamiya parts are easy to get hold of(well they should be).
Simon K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004

I agree, the tamiya ta05 is a good place to start. Any ta05 model is a good starting place IF parts availability is not an issue. Have Fun!
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:10 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Schumacher is a UK brand, right? Maybe a used Mi2 would be a nice car.

I agree with the TA05, I run it as well. HB Cyclone RTR is a good starter car as well, since it can be upgraded to pro spec.
Frost99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:22 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Master View Post
Hi guys i am after a little help if possible i am considering getting in to electric touring cars for the winter as there is a club very local which is very laid back and looks like fun so really i am going to do the unspeekable and ask "whats the best newbie touring car setup"

i have been scanning ebay and i love the look of the hot bodies cyclone and the schumacher Mi2 but as i am just starting out i am not sure what kit to buy

if anyone can point me to a UK touring car forum that would be alot of help so i can do a bit of recarch before i delve in to the electric scene for the winter

thanks in advance for any help that dosent involve "use the search feature" because i already have :whistle
This is the most popular UK forum;

RCRacechat

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote