R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-02-2007, 12:07 PM   #31
Tech Initiate

One more question.... I have an Intellect 3600 mAh battery pack and there is plastic covering it with the sticker on top of that... am I supposed to leave the plastic wrap on?

thanks ;]
battlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:25 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

can you describe the part? I don't have a manual...

Whatever you do, try to avoid stripping screws... it's never good.

There are some screws that will do that, but do not worry so much if it is something like the screw that holds the shocks on. Those sometimes do not screw in all the way for me.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:03 PM   #33
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooshu Beef View Post
can you describe the part? I don't have a manual...

Whatever you do, try to avoid stripping screws... it's never good.

There are some screws that will do that, but do not worry so much if it is something like the screw that holds the shocks on. Those sometimes do not screw in all the way for me.
I'll do one better and post a picture of the part! It's A4 and two MA2 screws go into it... it's at the front of the car.. it wiggles because it's loose and so I think the suspension will wiggle if it isn't tight!

The picture's attached
Attached Thumbnails
TT-01 not included parts-rc_01.jpg  
Old 08-02-2007, 01:48 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to minicooper Send a message via Yahoo to minicooper

Looks right... Did you use the correct screws? Double check the screw length.
BTW, careful how tight you go on those screws. Tamiya plastic can be weak and strips very very easy in some spots.
minicooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:26 PM   #35
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by minicooper View Post
Looks right... Did you use the correct screws? Double check the screw length.
BTW, careful how tight you go on those screws. Tamiya plastic can be weak and strips very very easy in some spots.
yep I used to correct screws... I'm scared... I really don't want to have to order more parts

so... it's called a "tapping screw" .. can/should I tap/hammer it in to make it tight??
Old 08-02-2007, 02:38 PM   #36
Tech Fanatic

I wouldn't...

That specific part doesn't really need to be screwed in for the arms to swing correctly. The length of that screw shouldn't be much longer than a centimeter. And no, do not use a hammer, haha

Again, do not worry about screwing them in tightly. You'll see that it still functions.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:13 PM   #37
Tech Initiate

Quote:
I wouldn't...

That specific part doesn't really need to be screwed in for the arms to swing correctly. The length of that screw shouldn't be much longer than a centimeter. And no, do not use a hammer, haha

Again, do not worry about screwing them in tightly. You'll see that it still functions.
lol phew.... you caught me before I was about to bust it!

okay I hope it works !! trust u
Old 08-03-2007, 02:08 PM   #38
Tech Initiate

Default ANTENNA PIPE

back on topic... I'm at the point of finishing and I see they have Antenna Pipe on the diagram... but it's not included!!! how come? or is it? anyone know where I can get one from? or make it myself?
Old 08-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #39
Tech Adept

battlecat,

check the bottom of the box. mine rolled up under the lip at the bottom and I had to shake it loose. its clear and very hard to see, but its probably there. if not, u can buy one for about 50 cents at any hobby shop. u could probably run for awhile with the antennae wire just laying in the bottom of the tub, just be careful not to damage it until u can get a replacement tube.

my stock tires lasted 2 days, now i'm looking for replacements that come w/ foam inserts. maybe i can find somebody to tell me a good brand that lasts longer. premounted/glued would be cool, cause my glue skills r lame.
swannco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 02:51 PM   #40
Tech Fanatic

HPI I hear are good, and they should come with foam inserts. I have also heard that pre mounted tires are crap...haha!

what are you running in your car? Glue might not be necessary, since not everyone uses it.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:32 PM   #41
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by swannco View Post
battlecat,

check the bottom of the box. mine rolled up under the lip at the bottom and I had to shake it loose. its clear and very hard to see, but its probably there. if not, u can buy one for about 50 cents at any hobby shop. u could probably run for awhile with the antennae wire just laying in the bottom of the tub, just be careful not to damage it until u can get a replacement tube.

my stock tires lasted 2 days, now i'm looking for replacements that come w/ foam inserts. maybe i can find somebody to tell me a good brand that lasts longer. premounted/glued would be cool, cause my glue skills r lame.
haha yeah I found it there.. good call

hmm 2 days for tires?? I just cemented them onto the rims kind of... is that okay for changing them? I guess I could rip em off ?

Let me know where you you buy your tires from... I also want quality tires!

I have another problem!

I installed the servo and screwed it all in.. but I didn't read the part where it says the servo should be in neutral .. so I'm not sure if it is..

In my manual it says this:

"when yo uinstall a servo, always check to be sure the servo is at its neutral position. adjust the servo horn hole position and linkage (?) so both are parallel. when a servo saver is used, place it as close to center position as possible. be sure the steering trim on the transmitter is at the neutral position"

So... I don't really understand what Steering Trim is exactly.. but I guess my s.trim just needs to be calibrated correctly and it's easier if the servo is in the neutral position so I don't have to adjust my s.trim???

can someone explain how to test if my servo is set up correctly and if I don't need to unscrew it all and change it? thanks
Old 08-03-2007, 03:41 PM   #42
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown

Quote:
HPI I hear are good, and they should come with foam inserts. I have also heard that pre mounted tires are crap...haha!

what are you running in your car? Glue might not be necessary, since not everyone uses it.
There are actually a few choices for premounted tires. They are however 24mm. TT-01 tires are 26mm. No big deal you could add 2mm worth of shims or buy a thicker wheel hub or just slap them on there and don't worry about it.
I like Take Off cs-27 premounted tires.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:47 PM   #43
Tech Fanatic

About your servo. Turn on your radio and center the adjustment controls/sliders/trims, then turn on your receiver, the servo should then return to its neutral/centered position, then install the servo saver per the instructions. the servo saver will probably not align 100 percent in line with what is pictured in the manual and that is okay. You will later trim that with your radio to get it centered.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Check this out: http://www.rc411.com/pages/howto.php?howto=19&page=2
Old 08-03-2007, 09:36 PM   #45
Tech Adept

battlecat,

no big worries if u didn't get the servo centered exactly. u will have to read the directions, but u can usually just adjust it on the radio. if the wheels r pointing left, just adjust the trim on the radio to the right until it straightens out. this may slightly effect how far the wheel can turn, but its easier than tearing stuff apart. besides, there is a real good chance that it was in neutral to begin with, so i wouldn't worry. i usually end up having to adjust the trim after smacking the curb a few times anyway
swannco is offline   Reply With Quote