Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 TC European Championship - Montibrison France >

1/10 TC European Championship - Montibrison France

1/10 TC European Championship - Montibrison France

Old 08-07-2007, 02:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have just uploaded all the photos I have from the race.

Soon I will write a short report on my blog, maybe mentionning some "inside" info.

To view full size photos, go to the below link, and click a few times on the photo itself, until you get the option to view it on different sizes.

http://www.blogs.se/album/ec_2007/237825?page=1

Here are some of the photos in my album.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

John

Must say youve taken some great pics.

Nice work.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

what's the url on the body from steven weiß ?
rc-sflickers.de ????!!!???
Old 08-07-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rc-car-net
what's the url on the body from steven weiß ?
rc-sflickers.de ????!!!???
http://www.rc-stickers.de/
Old 08-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here you will find 150 pictures from the TC Euros:
http://www.ps93.ch/
Enjoy!

Philippe, Switzerland
Old 08-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Hi again.

My blog has just been updated with a short report from the EC.

http://jdracing.blogs.se/

Enjoy!

Philippe,
Thanks for the link!
Old 08-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Doucakis
Hi again.

Enjoy!

Philippe,
Thanks for the link!
You never mentioned the Associated cars at all and why they seemed to have issues. Are you able to shed any light on the problems they had?
I and many others expected at least 2 of them in the A and maybe even a chance for Juho or Craig to win.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Well, I' d rather not mention something than say something bad, so thus I avoided any reference to the A team.
Since you asked, I can only say that the drivers tried extremely hard to do well but the car just wasn't on the level of the competition.
Initially I thought the reason was lack of practice but they did confirm that they had visited the track before the event for testing.

A main or even a win?.. No way.. C main was the best the car could do. The drivers did all they could do.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Very curious and confusing, considering its performance at other races in the last six months.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

John D,

I noticed that the AE team was seeded in less than flattering heats, I am not making excuses for them but we all know that will make things harder on them. The Race did not have a resort either which usually rectifies that issue. I know that Craig and Juho and Christer all had at least one good run. Sometimes that second run is really hard when your heat has such a vast difference in speed. Do the Euros generally not do resorts? I noticed that nobody made the main from outside heat 13-15, with of course the majority from 15.

Steve

P.S. Keep up the great work on your site, thanks for the pics!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

I dont think that the heats they were in was the cause of their bad performance. The French organization was pretty fair with heat positionning according to driver performance. In some cases drivers running in heats lower than Nr. 13 would actually have an advantage running earlier in the morning, in cooler conditions than the later heats, thus a better chance to do a good run.
Traffic was an issue, especially on a tight and twisty track such as this one, but there really wasn't any blocking, and the EFRA Referee paid a close attention to ensure that drivers had no obstacles during the fast run.
Even if they did hit traffic, it would matter only by a couple of seconds maximum, meaning that if they were on pace for the A-main, they would have gone down to B-main. But this wasn't the case. They only managed C-main and even there during the finals, they did not seem to dominate it.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by corallyman
John D,

I noticed that the AE team was seeded in less than flattering heats, I am not making excuses for them but we all know that will make things harder on them. The Race did not have a resort either which usually rectifies that issue. I know that Craig and Juho and Christer all had at least one good run. Sometimes that second run is really hard when your heat has such a vast difference in speed. Do the Euros generally not do resorts? I noticed that nobody made the main from outside heat 13-15, with of course the majority from 15.

Steve

P.S. Keep up the great work on your site, thanks for the pics!
Well, Craig could have done with a better heat, but Juho was in heat 13. I think Christer made a mistake running in the first round. Rounds 2 and 3 were the fastest and the ones you needed to run the new tyres in. But certainly surprising to see Associated struggling so. From what I see over here the car is doing quite well on most tracks.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What weight can the 5 cell cars get down to?
The Australian rules have recently changed where 5 cell is allowed to run against 6 cell (1525), but at a 1350+ timing (1375)

But i have been looking at my cyclone, and even with no weight the car would have trouble getting under 1450 with BL equipment.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Doucakis
Hi again.

Enjoy!

Philippe,
Thanks for the link!
Naaa.... Don´t think so
That blog seems to be sponsored by Orion.......
Old 08-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

I dont think we were quite as far off the pace as some people here seem to think... As was explained earlier, you had to make your good runs on the two fast runs(Friday evening and Saturday morning). I hit a car and broke something on the first one and didnt get a good finish. On the second one I stripped the spurgear. Therefore I only had one clean run which was in the heat with old tires. Joel had similar luck and broke on both his fast runs. Craig was in a fairly bad heat and didnt go there for testing before. I think all three of us had the chance to atleast be in the A without all the bad luck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.