Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Competition ESC

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Default Competition ESC

I was wondering about upgrading my ESC. I currently have a futaba mc330(pink one) and was looking at the KOpropo VFS-1 series. I eventually want to go into the modified class. At stock motor class though, would this upgrade have an effect on my lap times?

Also, the VFS line has different levels of trims. VFS-1J, VFS-2, Competition 2, etc. What parameters should I be looking for in ESCs? Sorry for the noob questions...
Old 07-23-2007, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by redbones
I was wondering about upgrading my ESC. I currently have a futaba mc330(pink one) and was looking at the KOpropo VFS-1 series. I eventually want to go into the modified class. At stock motor class though, would this upgrade have an effect on my lap times?

Also, the VFS line has different levels of trims. VFS-1J, VFS-2, Competition 2, etc. What parameters should I be looking for in ESCs? Sorry for the noob questions...
No such thing as a Noob question. When you look at the current ESC's on the market, 70% of them are modeled after the KO Propo anyway with very subtle differences. The KO competition 2 is a great ESC. I have a Hara Twister 2.2 which is exactly the same as the KO propo as is the Yokomo etc. A good ESC is the twister, Novak has great ESC's (i could never get used to the orange though lol). So to be honest, if you are looking for a high end ESC then KO or anything like it is good.

One thing that you have to take into mind is this. If you get the KO then make sure that you upgrade the capacitor that it comes with. My twister came with a capacitor that can handle up to a 19 turn. since I race mostly 19 turn the capacitor is fine. If you race modified, make sure that you purchase the capacitor for modified racing because the one the ESC comes with is for 19turn or lower.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Dont mean to put a spanner in your decision but consider that brushless is becoming very popular as THE Mod class.<aybe llok at a esc that can do both.
Nosram, LRP, GM and Novak i believe are the most popular and best.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

yeah

LRP stuff is VERY nice

they have some small speedos to for the same price

but if you have a hb car, then the hara version is a must