R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-27-2003, 08:43 AM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hara's car looks VERY nice.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 10:39 AM   #47
Tech Addict

Their is an Japanese manufacturer that makes all kind of high tech parts for 1/12 cars called RIEMON SPEED WORKS. A lot of A-final cars used parts from Riemon Speed Works.
Special motor pod parts for the Kawada car.
Different T-bars in with different shapes and from 1.6, 1.8 and 2 mm, super lightweight hollow carbon rear axles, a special front beam for the front suspension, chassis sets of 2.1 and 2.4 mm, hollow carbon chassis beams, ect and all this for the Kawada M300, Associated RC12, Trnity Swithblade 12 and Yokomo YRX 12.
Here are some pics:

Barry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 11:53 AM   #48
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

barry see you been at 12scale.com they do have a cool sites over there thier big into twevle scale its making a big comback people are getting tired of the sedan scene! they are starting to realize that you race for a third of the cost and double the fun. oohhh noticed how rounchy the track in the back of thier shop is.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:39 PM   #49
Tech Addict

speedxl, Thanks for the tip but I allready know the site and seems to me they don't update it anymore.
Old 08-27-2003, 01:00 PM   #50
Tech Elite

thanks for replying barry i actually run the yoke with ssg and am dissapointed with the way thier marketing the car i made the A main at the nats in n.carolina and finished sixth and called them to see if they would release a thicker chassis and said i d have to wait till october or november for it figured making the A main would at least get me a headsup on a chassis but no such luck. im starting to look at the irs car but now that i see these hara pics iam intrested. i like being different and running cars that are somewhat different than every body elsess . i dont like corally or switch blade id like to keep it in the associated family! sorry if i didnt catch it previously in this thread but are these pics from recent races. and would you know if they might actually release this car.

Last edited by speedxl; 08-27-2003 at 01:10 PM.
speedxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 01:36 PM   #51
Tech Addict

Default nice parts...

Wow Good to see all the attention for 1.12th scale.. That is by far my favorite class of them all to race.. I am just now thinking of what to do this year for cleveland...

Do you have a web address to the site where someone made the t-bars axles etc....

Thanks

Mike
Mike Blackstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 05:31 PM   #52
Tech Addict

speedxl, I come from Belgium and here nobody drives 1/12th. I practice with them for my driving skills at the Corally test track in Holland. Me to I like to have exotic cars, that's why I started this topic. The race was the JMRCA 1/12th nationals and it was run on 24/08/2003. Hara won last years race with the same car that won this year. Look at http://www.team-orion.ch/global/global_news.asp?id=1958 and look at the thrilling batle in the 3rd final between Hara and Yoshioka, very cool.
Mike, are you THE Mike Blackstock 1992 1/12th World Champion (I belive) or is it just a nickname?
Look at http://www.kimihiko-yano.net/, follow the translating link, scroll down to 24/08/03 and their you'll find more pics of the race. Between the car pics you'll find a link for RIEMON SPEED WORKS.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:34 PM   #53
Tech Initiate

Hmmm... lots of nitro car players say electric car slow like a snail!

I hate to hear that, I'm a electric guy!!!

Can I teach them a letson with 1/12 8T 6cells? I wanted to cut their car like a hot nife on a butter!!!
ultra_low_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 05:17 AM   #54
Tech Adept

Uhm looks like Muhannad is racing 12th now? what´s up man?? cu in England next week?
D-Drivesports
TRF_SPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 08:21 AM   #55
Tech Addict

Wish i was a world champion... I finished 3rd to neisinger , and masami, But i did TQ the 1/10th worlds that year.. But finished 4th..

So yes it is me but no world championship YET! :-(

Thanks

Mike
Old 08-28-2003, 09:24 AM   #56
Tech Addict

TRF_SPAIN, I don't know yet. The Belgian importer doesn't want to pay for the hotel anymore. Pfffff...
Old 08-28-2003, 10:23 AM   #57
Tech Elite

barry i am old schooler in twelve scale and been racing since around 1986 i started with 12 scale because it was either that or offroad and dirt is for farming.
so naturaly i wish sedan would disapear and 12 scale would be the only class to race ive done well in sedan i been in the B main at a couple nationals so i know i am not that bad. just there is a big spot in my heart for 12 scale. and by the way if you ever come to florida bring your 12 scale its staring to make a comback locally and in the state series we have here. weve gone from 3 cars back up to 20 entries and we run 4 cell 19 turn cars are fast enough and fun

ohh hi mike blackstock i heared your wife was pregnant has she deliverd yet. i wish you guys the best of luck and may the racer! i mean baby be healthy.

Last edited by speedxl; 08-28-2003 at 10:41 AM.
speedxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 10:40 AM   #58
Tech Elite

hey gur come on get the word out! push 12 scale and let everyone know that its the bomb. ! id like to go to a national and see atleast 80 12 scalers. just tell every one how much better theyll drive sedan getting good at 12 scale once they try 12 scale thier hooked and another one gets bitten buy the bug and thier 12 scalers for life. hey that should be this threads name . 12 SCALE FOR LIFE!!!!!
Old 08-28-2003, 12:45 PM   #59
Tech Adept

really??? pffff , i will be there racing top stock, so maybe an Alwany TL01 setup session could be useful :P haha! i hope to cu there! and keep me informed about that 1/12!!!!
D-Drivesports
TRF_SPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 02:29 PM   #60
Tech Addict

SPEED....

WE had a boy 15 months ago.. Thanks for the kind words.. No new one one the way yet :-)

Mike