R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-02-2006, 10:49 AM   #556
Tech Elite

429racer - you will find that the chassis is even better on track than it looks. enjoy, and have fun. i will pass the kind words onto doug.

by the way would anyone be interested in purchasing a kit that would replace all the carbon fiber pieces on their hara car with metalic red carbon fiber?
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:12 PM   #557
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dente
429racer - you will find that the chassis is even better on track than it looks. enjoy, and have fun. i will pass the kind words onto doug.

by the way would anyone be interested in purchasing a kit that would replace all the carbon fiber pieces on their hara car with metalic red carbon fiber?
Is it a thick chassis?
Crashby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #558
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashby
Is it a thick chassis?
Yes, it is the 2.5mm chassis and bottom pod plate.

al dente, I have drove the car before for a bout a year now. When the groove comes up I struggled to stiffen up the car and free it up, but now I think it will be awesome. On medium traction carpet it was dialed and smooth as could be. I look forward to giving it another run. By the way does it seem like 12th scale is going down or what is the deal? Anyone?
429racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:02 PM   #559
Tech Elite

429 - actually around these parts it seems to be on an even keel, or possibly on the up side just a bit. what really needs to happen is for a couple more main stream manufacures like xray or losi need to release cars. i think that this would spike some intrest in the class and get more people into it.

looks like the red carbon fiber is no longer available, silver, titanium, 2 colors of blue and amber are the only colors available.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #560
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey sports fans,
It has come to my attention that some of you are having issues with the countersink depth on the 8 large holes in the SLEDGE chassis. After some exhaustive research, I learned a couple things.
I have been countersinking to a depth that is suitable for a screw similar to those sold by Fastener Express. These screws have a slightly larger head than the screws that are normally included with kits such as the L4. That being said, from this point forward, I will countersink to the shallower depth.
I don't want anyone to be unhappy with a product from PRC. If necessary, I can supply the screws for the deeper countersink.

D.P.

Speedmerchant and TOP USA dealer.
DPowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:58 PM   #561
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPowell
Hey sports fans,
It has come to my attention that some of you are having issues with the countersink depth on the 8 large holes in the SLEDGE chassis. After some exhaustive research, I learned a couple things.
I have been countersinking to a depth that is suitable for a screw similar to those sold by Fastener Express. These screws have a slightly larger head than the screws that are normally included with kits such as the L4. That being said, from this point forward, I will countersink to the shallower depth.
I don't want anyone to be unhappy with a product from PRC. If necessary, I can supply the screws for the deeper countersink.

D.P.
Hey, Doug!

I only use the Lunsford titanium flat head 8-32 screws. Will there be an issue using those?

Thanks!

s-
Old 01-03-2006, 05:16 PM   #562
Tech Regular

Crashby,
Measure the head of the screw. The screws from AE are .308" dia. The screws from F-E are .331" dia.
Have you received your chassis' yet? Info from USPS is inconclusive.

D.P.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #563
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Crashby,
Measure the head of the screw. The screws from AE are .308" dia. The screws from F-E are .331" dia.

D.P.
I just got through opening the package!! Awesome pieces! I can't wait to build one and try it at our Stockton track.

I also ordered a couple of your T bar kits as well but they were not in the package. Are they back ordered?

Thanks for supporting us racers and providing such great service!!

s-
Old 01-19-2006, 09:26 PM   #564
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Can the AH12 conversion kit be used on an RC12L4? Thanks.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:36 PM   #565
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to ngo8

yes it does a guy at my track did it looks good
Old 01-23-2006, 04:36 PM   #566
Tech Elite

yeah, that is what the kit is designed for. but i would suggest using a car that has better parts. the l4 has a composite left rear bulkhead, and i believe that they are not lowered. i used a carpet knife 3.2r and am very happy with the car. it is super fast. if you are going to run the car an carpet, i would suggest lowered front arms as well, and the prc sledge hammer chassis which is much stiffer. the hara chassis has a bit to much flex for me.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:40 AM   #567
Tech Adept

Quote:
Crashby,

D.P.
Is this a common problem with you and USPS? because my brother order few parts from you and it's been over 20 days and still no info from you or USPS about his parts, and he told me that you will not give him the parts[quote=dpoewll] (even then the parts will not be free) i told him not to worry because what go's around will come right back around.
Mutabarucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:22 AM   #568
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Mutabarucka]Is this a common problem with you and USPS? because my brother order few parts from you and it's been over 20 days and still no info from you or USPS about his parts, and he told me that you will not give him the parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpoewll
(even then the parts will not be free) i told him not to worry because what go's around will come right back around.
First of all, Thanks for bringing this to a public forum. You need to understand that when a package leaves my hand, I no longer have control over what happens. We ship items literally all over the world using USPS with near zero problems. You brother told me via e-mail that he has a UPS account to eliminate shipping problems he has had with USPS. He only told me that after the problem came up. Why wouldn't he tell me that in the beginning?
I'm certainly willing to work with anyone that has a problem with a product they receive from PRC but give attitude and you'll get attitude.

D.P.

Old 01-24-2006, 08:17 AM   #569
Tech Adept

First of all, Thanks for bringing this to a public forum. You need to understand that when a package leaves my hand, I no longer have control over what happens. We ship items literally all over the world using USPS with near zero problems. You brother told me via e-mail that he has a UPS account to eliminate shipping problems he has had with USPS. He only told me that after the problem came up. Why wouldn't he tell me that in the beginning?
I'm certainly willing to work with anyone that has a problem with a product they receive from PRC but give attitude and you'll get attitude.

D.P.[/QUOTE]

My man i don't have the time to devote to attitude, so get your thought together, if i want attitude i will be just there, first, this was his first time getting anything from your Company and he email you to send your phone number but you did not, i wander why? any legit Company have no problem with giving there phone number, and that is why you didn't get to use his account, so don't even go there about (why wouldn't he tell me story) you can keep the money it will not effect him in any way, your just a little man trying to make money the small way, good luck.
Mutabarucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:09 AM   #570
Tech Regular

If Todd asked for our phone number in an e-mail I may have missed it. For that I apologize. I always have alot of e-mail to go through. I have no problem giving out the number. Our number is listed with Paypal for customer service purposes. Did he check that?
I don't want anyone to be unhappy with a product or the customer service they receive but having been the victim of fraud, I'm naturally cautious when someone says they didn't receive an item when the delivery comfirmation says that delivery was attempted.
I want to make things right with your brother. Have him send me his UPS account information and we'll send new parts.

D.P.