R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-04-2005, 08:36 AM   #391
Tech Addict

for a thicker chassis you could always try http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/ he makes it normally at 2.4mm but you could ask him to make it thicker, he may do it if you order enough of them
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:48 AM   #392
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by JDXray
back to the top!

This weekend was a crazy weekend for TEAM MILF:
Saturday was just setting the car up for out 500 lap Enduro we would have on Sunday. I was unable to attend but i put my faith in the hands of my brother, and him and ALBERTO to take home the WIN!

Hara was running good all weekend and there was good consistence, if could only get those stock motors going faster, lol.

1)AH12 Hammer and L4 (TEAM MILF)
2)CEFX and AH12 Hammer
3)CRC/Speedmerchant and CRC/Speedmerchant

Congratz to all that attended!
Jon, please make correction on the second place not CEFX, but AH 12 / AH 12
Dr Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:34 AM   #393
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr Smooth
Jon, please make correction on the second place not CEFX, but AH 12 / AH 12
OHHHH what up todd, i didnt know you were running the Hammer, how did you like it man let me know.
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:53 AM   #394
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by John_S
for a thicker chassis you could always try http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/ he makes it normally at 2.4mm but you could ask him to make it thicker, he may do it if you order enough of them
How much are those Chassis in USD?
Old 04-04-2005, 01:15 PM   #395
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by JDXray
OHHHH what up todd, i didnt know you were running the Hammer, how did you like it man let me know.
Well i got to say the dam thing is on the money and i am glad to be part of the AH12 crew, the CEFX is not so good with stock but with mod it's a beast, now i have two cars that i llliiikkkeee, the AH is smooth and in the corners they can't stop me, you know you have one too, i will be racing the AH more than the CEFX and will be as fast as you soon so watch out.
Dr Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 01:20 PM   #396
Tech Addict

you would have to contact him to work out shipping costs, but for a price conversion use http://www.xe.com
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 01:52 PM   #397
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr Smooth
Well i got to say the dam thing is on the money and i am glad to be part of the AH12 crew, the CEFX is not so good with stock but with mod it's a beast, now i have two cars that i llliiikkkeee, the AH is smooth and in the corners they can't stop me, you know you have one too, i will be racing the AH more than the CEFX and will be as fast as you soon so watch out.
As fast as me? lol you already are probably if not faster.

After examining my car after the enduro jumbo raced with it, it seemed there was a little crack on the lower rear pod, but maybe that is some carpet crap.

But overall i have nothing bad to say about the kit, it gets better and better. Just need to get those motors ripping now, thats my only problem is trying to get those motors going.

You going nextweek? give me a call. 516 857 6735

Jon
Old 04-04-2005, 01:53 PM   #398
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by John_S
you would have to contact him to work out shipping costs, but for a price conversion use http://www.xe.com
umm $50 or so isnt that bad for a chassis. But ill have to email him or something and see.

Thanks again
Old 04-04-2005, 04:59 PM   #399
Tech Addict

I've heard that the white plastic parts are fragile and the weakest link of the rear suspension of the AH12, did anyone had trouble with it?
And are there different (side)springs available for the kit?
Old 04-04-2005, 05:12 PM   #400
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekin
I've heard that the white plastic parts are fragile and the weakest link of the rear suspension of the AH12, did anyone had trouble with it?
And are there different (side)springs available for the kit?
the white plasitc pieces have held up for me. people think its fragile because they over tighten the screws which makes them split.

I havent found any optional spring kits, the springs they give you are good for indoor and outdoor. I always see hara which those white springs, but can never find them.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:59 PM   #401
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It is hard to find the right diameter spring as the one on the car. The springs on the car now are tapered in a little on the top. Hard to see it by looking at it, but if you (cough) put it in wrong and didn't know it, it would be a headache. Also about the chassis you might wanna make sure you get a rear bottom pod plate with it also.
429racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:29 PM   #402
Tech Initiate

Hi guys, I also have been running the hara hammer 12 recently and I thought I'd add my 2 pence worth. Is it me, or do you have to turn the tweak screw on the pinion side right down compaired to the other side? Corally front springs will fit onto the rear side mounts although you have to cut away a little bit of the white plastic that holds the springs in place. I also took out the ali stand offs that are inside the springs and filed down all the edges at 45 degrees. It just helps the springs to clear the stand offs and make it work a little better. The two white plastic bits that the springs go onto need a lot of care when fitted. If you do them up too tight, the whole back end binds up which is not good at all. If you don't do them up tight enough however, there is a lot of play at the back end, again not good. What I did was to polish the stand offs and then fit the plastic bits with tiny washers between so that its as tight as possible, but with no play at all. Very time extensive but worth it in the end I think! In between each run though, try to blast that area out with compressed air because the dust works itself in between and makes it all bind up. I think that the chassis (with all the holes in) may be good for outdoor use, but here in the UK we only run 1/12th indoors on carpet. I have already sent the chassis to Fibre Lyte after breaking it and maybe next time I'll get them to fill in some of the holes, thus making the chassis flex less and better suited for carpet. If this helps anyone, ideal, that's the idea but if anyone has any help for me, please post it and we'll see if we can get my car sorted! Cheers, NCR.
north coast rac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:06 AM   #403
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by north coast rac
Hi guys, I also have been running the hara hammer 12 recently and I thought I'd add my 2 pence worth. Is it me, or do you have to turn the tweak screw on the pinion side right down compaired to the other side? Corally front springs will fit onto the rear side mounts although you have to cut away a little bit of the white plastic that holds the springs in place. I also took out the ali stand offs that are inside the springs and filed down all the edges at 45 degrees. It just helps the springs to clear the stand offs and make it work a little better. The two white plastic bits that the springs go onto need a lot of care when fitted. If you do them up too tight, the whole back end binds up which is not good at all. If you don't do them up tight enough however, there is a lot of play at the back end, again not good. What I did was to polish the stand offs and then fit the plastic bits with tiny washers between so that its as tight as possible, but with no play at all. Very time extensive but worth it in the end I think! In between each run though, try to blast that area out with compressed air because the dust works itself in between and makes it all bind up. I think that the chassis (with all the holes in) may be good for outdoor use, but here in the UK we only run 1/12th indoors on carpet. I have already sent the chassis to Fibre Lyte after breaking it and maybe next time I'll get them to fill in some of the holes, thus making the chassis flex less and better suited for carpet. If this helps anyone, ideal, that's the idea but if anyone has any help for me, please post it and we'll see if we can get my car sorted! Cheers, NCR.
You have a pic of your kit? I would like to see it with the corally springs and the shaved down standoffs and middle piece etc.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:31 AM   #404
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah I think I'm going to dremel the stand off edges and make it look oval like.
revzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:51 AM   #405
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to jumbo360

All I gotta say was that my brothers car was a beast at the 500 lap enduro at my LHC, the thing ran awesome the whole entire time. The only problem there was, was everytime I got off of the track I had t o switch transponders with my team mate but that wasnt that bad, the only problem I had with the car was SPEED, I had the same speed around the corners which is great but I didnt have enough speed in general.

Has anyone tried a Mod motor in the hara?
jumbo360 is offline   Reply With Quote