R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-23-2007, 10:03 PM   #46
Tech Adept

I am also using 4 degrees c hubs is this right or should I use 2 degrees?
16skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:15 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

I'd stay away from the oneway, for me its harder to drive on asphalt and untill you get the current problem fixed its best not to change things as you could end up with a different problem and not know if its due to the changes or the rebuild.
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:20 PM   #48
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16skyline View Post
On the front I have 2 degrees toe out I think ( at the front i have a 1B suspension mount and the standard one at the rear of the front)
I'm not an expert on this sort of thing, but wouldn't 2 degrees toe out increase oversteer and possibly lead to spinning out?

p.s. I just realized that someone has previously mentioned this issue.
SpidarX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:49 PM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi,

I have pulled my car right down and know going to build it again, on this site in the TRF415 post there is a lot of caster talk, what is it and how do you work this out(using lwt arms) also does the shims under the suspension mounts have something to do with this I have put 0.5mm shimm on the rear of the front. Just following a set up sheet I found.

Also there is a lot of people that use one ways, I am using a normal diff. I am thinking of trying this put have one question one way NO BRAKE how do you slow your car down when using a 19 turn or mod motor?
you don't have to break when using a oneway, just before entering the corner, release throttle then when turning almost halfway trough, then start accelerating again. You will know what I mean if you're already using oneway and driving your kit with oneway. That was also my question before with my co-racers and didn't really get them until I've tried installing oneways(center and front) and then realized and understood what they meant... hahaha... hope you get my point... Plus if ever you're already using a oneway, and if ever you used break, and you spins-out, don't ask why and what's wrong because that's natural if you're using a oneway... hehehe...
Xanavi_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:37 PM   #50
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
you don't have to break when using a oneway, just before entering the corner, release throttle then when turning almost halfway trough, then start accelerating again. You will know what I mean if you're already using oneway and driving your kit with oneway. That was also my question before with my co-racers and didn't really get them until I've tried installing oneways(center and front) and then realized and understood what they meant... hahaha... hope you get my point... Plus if ever you're already using a oneway, and if ever you used break, and you spins-out, don't ask why and what's wrong because that's natural if you're using a oneway... hehehe...
I am using a standard diff at the moment, i was just asking if a one way would be better.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:59 PM   #51
Tech Master

Quote:
I am using a standard diff at the moment, i was just asking if a one way would be better.
for some cases yes and vice versa... The only problem (not really a problem, sort of disadvantage) is that you cannot use break when entering the corner already (when you're about to turn) not like ball diffs, you can break on the corner then turn... Oneway will just make you spin if ever you do this... hehehe...

btw, you werent asking if one way is better but if how do you slow down when entering the corner...
Old 07-24-2007, 05:00 AM   #52
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap

Quote:
The stock diff with all 415s except for the MRE was an one way.
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:15 AM   #53
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlap View Post
The stock diff with all 415s except for the MRE was an one way.
I am running a ball diff
Old 07-24-2007, 07:33 AM   #54
Tech Master

Quote:
I am running a ball diff
hey bro, did you check your diffs if they are loose or very tight (that you cannot easily turn the wheels with their opposite direction by just turning the other one?) Is your rear ball diff tighter than in front??? try turning one tire (Front and rear) and see if which one is easy to turn and vice versa...

But before you answer the qeustions, did you solve your problem already??
Old 07-24-2007, 02:34 PM   #55
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
hey bro, did you check your diffs if they are loose or very tight (that you cannot easily turn the wheels with their opposite direction by just turning the other one?) Is your rear ball diff tighter than in front??? try turning one tire (Front and rear) and see if which one is easy to turn and vice versa...

But before you answer the qeustions, did you solve your problem already??
I am still rebuilding everything on the car will no in a couple of days.Any set ups that you would you suggest
Old 07-24-2007, 03:46 PM   #56
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here's a good one.

Make sure your caster blocks aren't on backwards.

That would give you negative caster. Very twitchy. May sound crazy, but... well, just believe me, it can happen.

PS 2 degree caster will steer more than 4 degree. You're spinning out (too much steering) so you don't need more caster. Stay with 4 degree for now.
swopemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #57
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
I am still rebuilding everything on the car will no in a couple of days. Any set ups that you would you suggest
Yea, read about 15 posts back asking you about the shocks. If you haven't started rebuilding yet. Follow the suggestion. As far as caster, that changes reaction of the car upon corner entry/exit. Making it quicker or slower depending on which angle you go. It has the same effect turning left and right. I'd reccomend to not worry about caster or one way diffs right now. Keep the stock differential up front for now.

You have a PM.

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:49 PM   #58
Tech Master

Quote:
I am still rebuilding everything on the car will no in a couple of days.Any set ups that you would you suggest
may I also ask what kind of insert are you using??? Is it soft, medium or hard??? This can also affect the spinning...
Old 07-24-2007, 07:33 PM   #59
Tech Adept

3 degrees rear toe-in should fix your problem. I use 1B & 1XD blocks.
Boxey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:09 PM   #60
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
I am also using 4 degrees c hubs is this right or should I use 2 degrees?
mabe do 6 degree I did that for my car and it flows way better thru the corner yea and make sure the top of the chub is leaning to the back of the car to have positive caster.
Branden Moody is offline   Reply With Quote