R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-20-2007, 10:16 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to S.Heath
Default Reedy Neo One brushless identification

Nobody in the offroad forum had an answer for this so I'll turn to the on-roaders to save the day.
I recently bought a used car that included a Reedy Neo brushless motor. My question; is there any way to identify if this is a 1 star, 2 star, 3 star or 4 star motor? I've seen others that had a number hand written inside the red star on the label with a Sharpie or other marker, but this one has just the star.
Thanks.
S.Heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:59 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

I guess the only way you're going to be able to tell is if you compare with someone who has another Neo brushless motor using the same gear ratio. I have the 1-star Neo1, and it's got the number "1" hand-written in the star, too.

Sorry, can't help ya.... =/
Porkibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:07 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Heath View Post
Nobody in the offroad forum had an answer for this so I'll turn to the on-roaders to save the day.
I recently bought a used car that included a Reedy Neo brushless motor. My question; is there any way to identify if this is a 1 star, 2 star, 3 star or 4 star motor? I've seen others that had a number hand written inside the red star on the label with a Sharpie or other marker, but this one has just the star.
Thanks.
I got the same one. From what I saw somewhere a little while after I got mine, is that its a 6.5. that motor is the first one they came out w/ as an answer to novak, befor lrp (reedy, or what ever name is on it) gave it a "star" designition Obviously, its a bonded rotor. Power seems to be a little smoother than the Novak 6.5 w/ sintered rotor, but all out power power is comparible. Between the 2.