BMI's DB12R

Old 02-01-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Its not pink guys.lol Pics do look that way though. It is actually purple. The car is actually lighter than the old car. We went away from the retention belt. The outer pivot location is wider and swings a larger arc. The flex plates are now straight and mount underneath the pivot housing which keeps it at the centerline of the pivot ball and reinforces the housing to eliminate breakage. The pivot points were moved forward over the center pivot mounting location to reduce pod angle change as the suspension compresses. You get more of a lifting action instead of an abrupt pod angle change that you get normally. This smoothes the car out through sweeping and fast corners. There is no flex in the pivot housings now and therefor you get absolutely no forced rear steer under load. The chassis is much more rigid than the older on and allows you to tune your car with suspension. We had absolutely no problem with push in the high bite conditions which has always seemed to be a complaint among elite drivers. We actually had to reduce steering as the car had too much. Overall, the car proved to be much more free and rotate on a dime. It stays very flat, carries a ton of speed and is even more durable than before if that is even possible. I was able to cover every corner with this design. I am very pleased with it and it will be going into production as soon as possible.

As for front end, I will be offering our standard front end for now but will be working on a replacement shortly. My new front end will be a direct bolt on to the existing chassis. The new AE front end will fit for those who want to run it as it is the best front end on the market right now. Hyperdrive makes mounting blocks for it so it can mount up to any car with the bolt pattern like ours. be patient as we will have one shortly.

The pod is the same as we didnt want to change it. I havent seen anything that even comes close to it and i wanted to keep it.

If you guys have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks for looking.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
here are some pics of the new parts. There will be a full conversion kit for a cheap price so dont be worried.
PURPLE?.I need to come by the shop i want one
Old 02-01-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Lord

Yeah, i wanted to give it some pop. I like the gun metal color but i wanted to aluminum parts to really stand out.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Car looks sweet Jason
Old 02-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Purple brings up thoughts of horrible parts support in the past from Trinity.. What about yellow, Jason? I anodized a T4 and L4 for a guy in fluorescent yellow and it looked awesome against the black plastic/carbon fiber. Afaik NOBODY has produced a pancar in yellow (yet).

For those wanting to run the R5 front end on a chassis drilled for the old front end, here's a link to the mounts that Jason is talking about-

http://www.lefthander-rc.com/catalog...oducts_id=1929
Old 02-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I personally think the gun metal color is awesome. Gives the car a stealth, clean look.

Please no purple! Ughh!!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:51 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Looking forward to seeing the new ride for sale Any word on an conversion kit? (although every peice of CF other than the upper pod brace is different, so I am not sure what the point of a conversion would be.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good Job this weekend Butter, little more track time and prep and you would have laid it down.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:10 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Second that. Please stay with gun metal. No purple please!!!

Jason, do you have picture also from the DB10R? What new parts are coming there and in what way will they change the handling of the DB10R?

Meanwhile I tried the CK flexplates and I have to say they work very good for me (7.4V Lipo).
Old 02-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FERNANDO.G
Good Job this weekend Butter, little more track time and prep and you would have laid it down.
Thanks Nando'!! Thanks for yor help and your suggestions. Helps to have a Mod 12th driver around when you are running out of setup ideas!!

A side note, Diego Gordinho is one to look out for...this little guy can WHEEL!!
He laid it down in TC and just missed winning his main against guys 2-3x's his age!!!!

Thanks again homie and I hope to see you guys soon!!!

Butter
Old 02-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Awesone drive in both classes man! You have to be a wheel to run with those guys in the A's and you were there all week in both classes.
Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Great job Butter! Can't wait to see these new parts
Thanks guys!! Hopefully I can do better at Vegas!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clegg
Looking forward to seeing the new ride for sale Any word on an conversion kit? (although every peice of CF other than the upper pod brace is different, so I am not sure what the point of a conversion would be.
Originally Posted by protc3
here are some pics of the new parts. There will be a full conversion kit for a cheap price so dont be worried.
Looks like yes.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Uga
Tech Regular

Congrats on the near-podium finish!

About the new car: As I understand all the changes are done to make it better with stock motor? What about mod? I expect that by freeing up the rear for stock it would make it harder to handle with mod motor?
Old 02-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Lord

I also want to take the time to thank Fernando Gordhino for his hard work at the Snowbirds. He had alot going on as he was running alot of classes but still did very well. He was in the B main of mod 1/12th. Thanks again guys
Old 02-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Uga
Congrats on the near-podium finish!

About the new car: As I understand all the changes are done to make it better with stock motor? What about mod? I expect that by freeing up the rear for stock it would make it harder to handle with mod motor?
It did not lose forward bite. The car just rotated better with minimal resistance. There is plenty of room to increase and decrease rear traction. Overall the car was better and had a larger window for setup.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.