Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Uga
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by protc3
The new flex plates are now made from carbon fiber. They are the same finish as the chassis but the material is layed out slightly different to give us the spring rate we are looking for. They center the pod more precise and they make the car transition better. The car is also more consistant through high speed sweepers with them. We found that overall, they did show a good amount of performance gain. I should have them in stock next week. They will replace the older flex plates as they have shown to out perform them.
Have you done also some proper crashtests? Carbon flexplates sound a bit fragile, at least I know that carbon T-bars where..
Old 10-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

There has been no reports of breakage though the testing. Test drivers say they are very durable.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Uga
Tech Regular

good! Looks like I will have a reason to make a new order sooner than I expected
Old 10-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quietman
Hi
Just got a tq booster but it is the type with a switch it has a black wire from the booster to the switch then from the switch one red wire.
Is this missing a blacn wire or does it pick the negative elsewhere?
Thanks
It picks up everything but positive from the rx. Leave the speedo switch off and use the one on the booster.

hth

DK
Old 10-30-2009, 04:44 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quietman
Hi
Just got a tq booster but it is the type with a switch it has a black wire from the booster to the switch then from the switch one red wire.
Is this missing a blacn wire or does it pick the negative elsewhere?
Thanks
there should be a 2nd wire that goes the negative pole (black side) of the battery while the switched red wire goes to the red positive battery pole.

a switch on the red wire is all you need, the switch acts as if you disconnected the red wire, while leaving the black wire connected.

this works just fine, in your house etc. single pole switches are the norm.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
The new flex plates are now made from carbon fiber. They are the same finish as the chassis but the material is layed out slightly different to give us the spring rate we are looking for. They center the pod more precise and they make the car transition better. The car is also more consistant through high speed sweepers with them. We found that overall, they did show a good amount of performance gain. I should have them in stock next week. They will replace the older flex plates as they have shown to out perform them.
Cool thanks Jason, I'll look for those next week.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Looks like I'll be placing an order soon.

Funny these flex plates are coming out now. A friend of mine and I were discussing the possibility of carbon fiber flex plates and their possible advantages when the original DB12R came out. I'm quite sure we weren't the only ppl talkin about C/F flex plates in the country at the time. Lol!

Jason, what thickness will the new plates be available in?
Old 10-31-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

What is the part number for the new flexplates? can we preorder?
Old 10-31-2009, 04:52 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeh I'd like to preorder also.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The carbon flexplates have been very durable, been running them for a little while now and took some good hits with no signs of stress at all. I really like them. They center the pod much better and don't fatigue as fast as the fiberglass.

I'm currently sitting in the b main at the Halloween Classic in 17.5 and the car is the best its ever been in the high bite. Seems that the car is even better with the lipo than it was with cells. The track is verrrrrry bumpy, is pretty bad washboards everywhere and alot of the cars are bouncing badly and getting upset by the bumps. I hardly even notice them with the BMI.

Been having some horsepower issues but I think I got that figured out and havn't gotten a clean run yet. I'm only a couple tenths off the really fast guys so I thing with a good run in the final qual in the morning I can put it in the show.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by -showtime-
The carbon flexplates have been very durable, been running them for a little while now and took some good hits with no signs of stress at all. I really like them. They center the pod much better and don't fatigue as fast as the fiberglass.

I'm currently sitting in the b main at the Halloween Classic in 17.5 and the car is the best its ever been in the high bite. Seems that the car is even better with the lipo than it was with cells. The track is verrrrrry bumpy, is pretty bad washboards everywhere and alot of the cars are bouncing badly and getting upset by the bumps. I hardly even notice them with the BMI.

Been having some horsepower issues but I think I got that figured out and havn't gotten a clean run yet. I'm only a couple tenths off the really fast guys so I thing with a good run in the final qual in the morning I can put it in the show.

Execlent, thanks for that info. It sounds like these will are going to be a nice improvement, and good luck tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

Default Lipo 17.5 Setup?

Originally Posted by -showtime-

Greg,

Sounds like you're having a pretty good event. Hope Sunday goes well. Any chance you can give us a run down of your 17.5 Lipo Setup with the new flexplates? Any changes you've made after switching the parts over from the fiberglass plates? I realize you can't give away the store here in front of everybody, but, some insight for the club level drivers is always appreciated!

Aaron
Old 11-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Here's a question. Has anyone ever bent the right rear pod plate?

I just took my 12RR apart for it's regular cleaning and noticed the right rear pod plate is tweaked. Just ordered a new one. Hopefully I'll get it by the weekend.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Chris,

Solution: STAY OFF THE BOARDS Lol.....

Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague

I just took my 12RR apart for it's regular cleaning and noticed the right rear pod plate is tweaked. Just ordered a new one. Hopefully I'll get it by the weekend.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague

Yip done that and only noticed after 3 events (2 National and 1 Regional). Can you believe it was still A-mains and same speed as all the other cars. It's Aluminum, so it can bend if hit.

Caio

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.