Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Jaco tires are now back in stock
Old 10-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

Rich,

Get that car figured out, cause when i start running soon, i'll be pestering the crap outta you for setup help, me being a rookie and all.

The car looks great J, can't wait to get off of my lazy butt and actually get back into the swing of things.

Tim
Old 10-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Jason,
I read the speedmerchant made the rear pods out off 19,000# delrin. Have you every explored that material for that type of application? How's the heat dissipation, I think it would be a lot less than aluminum.

E
Old 10-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Tim,

Glad to hear you will be back racing cars.

The DB12r is great out of the box with the base set up Jason/Adrian posted. I haven't run the car with a stock motor, but knowing how it felt with a 10.5 and that set up I know it would be extremely fast in stock.

That base set up is still good with 19-turn/mod but the tweaks I am doing are for getting it to work better for me in mod. You should run mod with us!

--

Jason - thanks for sending those out!

-Rich

Originally Posted by Tim Stamper
Rich,

Get that car figured out, cause when i start running soon, i'll be pestering the crap outta you for setup help, me being a rookie and all.

The car looks great J, can't wait to get off of my lazy butt and actually get back into the swing of things.

Tim
Old 10-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricF
Jason,
I read the speedmerchant made the rear pods out off 19,000# delrin. Have you every explored that material for that type of application? How's the heat dissipation, I think it would be a lot less than aluminum.

E
not sure how well that will work yet. I heard a lot of the guys talking about dumas's car changing pitch in the back straight. They were thinking that the pod maybe flexing and changing the gear mesh.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theisgroup
not sure how well that will work yet. I heard a lot of the guys talking about dumas's car changing pitch in the back straight. They were thinking that the pod maybe flexing and changing the gear mesh.
I know if that was because it's made out of delrin as much as the left pod is shaped like a u and can't resist the being pulled apart or pushed together at the top.
E
Old 10-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricF
Jason,

E
They did make them out of delrin. Aluminum dissipates heat,plastic does not.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by protc3
They did make them out of delrin. Aluminum dissipates heat,plastic does not.
so would that be an avenue of design that interests you? Maybe for the left pod only?
E
Old 10-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Ok here's my rookie question I've been looking at pics of these cars and following things closely .I've seen cars with the brushless motor wires over the pod and cars with them through the pod will either of these ways limit the pod from functioning freely or bind.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ssc-rc
Ok here's my rookie question I've been looking at pics of these cars and following things closely .I've seen cars with the brushless motor wires over the pod and cars with them through the pod will either of these ways limit the pod from functioning freely or bind.
As long as you leave enough length on the wire to where it doesnt restrict the pod movement in any way you should be fine going either way.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Is this a good car for a beginner or for more of an advanced mind?
Old 10-02-2007, 04:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I saw Barry's car a week or so before the IIC and got a good chance to look it over. The delrin pods are trick, but it seems like with the amount of material they used to keep the strength up it wouldnt be any lighter than aluminum, I guess I dont see what the advantage would be..
Old 10-02-2007, 04:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Is this a good car for a beginner or for more of an advanced mind?
Either. The car doesnt tweak which makes it awesome for a beginner, but it has plenty of adjustability to make it fast enough for any form of racing.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by protc3
Hey guys,

I finished the rear axle shims today. They are axle shims that are designed for use with the Jaco Prism wheels. They will set your rear axle at 172mm and with 1 on each side will center your axle also so there is now headaches of achieving center or 172mm. They are now available.

We are meeting with our computer guy to set up the online store tommorow. We will get it up and running ASAP. We will have pics of all of the parts and online purchasing.

So you were secretly working on axle shims and didn't say anything when I asked. You're killing me on the shipping for new stuff you come out every week. What new doodads are you coming out with next so I can just put them in an order now. Driving skills-in-a-box? I need some of that.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ssc-rc
Like Randy said you want to have slack in the wires the other thing you want to look out for when running the wires over the top is to make sure you're not making contact with the body.

You really don't want the wires touching anything.
E

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.