R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-30-2007, 09:30 PM   #976
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Car went together fantastic Jason

Rear suspension is an intelligent design.

What tyres would you suggest for new carpet (ozite) and any variations in setup for this grippy surface.

What signs should I be looking for to give me an indication there is to much grip ie: double steer, tyre wear etc.

How long till website is up and running?
bjspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:30 PM   #977
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

excelent work adrian.now we need to get the rest of the stuff completed for the site so the online store can be active.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:37 PM   #978
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjspinner View Post
Car went together fantastic Jason

Rear suspension is an intelligent design.

What tyres would you suggest for new carpet (ozite) and any variations in setup for this grippy surface.

What signs should I be looking for to give me an indication there is to much grip ie: double steer, tyre wear etc.

How long till website is up and running?
thanks buddy,im glad you like it.we spent alot of time developing and perfecting the rear suspension.we wanted the ultimate in rear suspension so we put in the time to achieve this.

i would suggest running lilac fronts and yellow rears to start for stock racing.this should work well in most conditions.you will find that the car doesnt do anything erratic even if the tires are too much or too little.it will be more of a trial and error test that you will need to check the lap times.more than likely you will find lilac front and yellow rear to be ideal in stock and 2x pink front and pink rear to be ideal for 19 turn and mod.
i should have the website complete very shortly.we are just finalizing the parts lists and price sheets so we can put them up and we need to setup online payment.it will not be long now
J Concepts
Old 08-30-2007, 11:39 PM   #979
Uga
Tech Regular

hmmm, I don't see yellow or lilac tyres on the shops I'm shopping on.. so Jason I guess you will have a PM soon Just want to receive the car first, to see how long time it takes for delivery. We are using 90% of the time purple fronts and pink rears, though I'm having problems getting the purple fronts from my usual supplier..
Uga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:30 AM   #980
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

best manual ever. very good work guys
Old 08-31-2007, 04:13 AM   #981
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uga View Post
hmmm, I don't see yellow or lilac tyres on the shops I'm shopping on.. so Jason I guess you will have a PM soon Just want to receive the car first, to see how long time it takes for delivery. We are using 90% of the time purple fronts and pink rears, though I'm having problems getting the purple fronts from my usual supplier..
hey buddy,

the lilac fronts are in between a purple front and a 2x pink front.i like them better than a purple because they dont seem to build up traction and change throughout the run.the yellow is about the same as a 2x pink rear but are more free due to the lower natural rubber content.if pink rars work better over by you,you can always stay with them but i would definately try the lilac fronts.i am not a big fan of purples.
J Concepts
Old 08-31-2007, 04:16 AM   #982
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by smojoe View Post
best manual ever. very good work guys
thanks buddy,actually,it was all adrians doing.he spent alot of time on it.we worked together on the layout and what was going to be in there but he really put alot of time and effort into the manual.he took all of the build tips that we use and incorperated it into the manual along with detailed explinations.he is very thoroughand did an excelent job on it.im very pleased with his work on it.
J Concepts
Old 08-31-2007, 05:18 AM   #983
Tech Apprentice

I finally finished getting the car together.

This was probably the easiest car I have ever put together. The fit and finish on all the parts was amazing and the manual was excellent. The tips included throughout are great.

When I finally get it all together, electronics in, balanced on the balance buttons, put it on the tweak station..... it's tweaked. Check it with nickels... tweaked. Check it on the scales... well balanced,but tweaked.

It was late at night and my brain was hardly functioning so I went to bed. Get up this morning and check the ride heights (yes, I know I have a problem when one of the very first things I do in the morning is check the ride height on my rc car) and they are fine. I decide to check the sizes of the tires (a brand new set of prisms). Right front is 45.4mm, left front is 47.0mm.

So I get out another set of tires and check to make sure they are the same size. Put them on the car. Put the car on the tweak station..... perfect.

For a little bit I thought I was going to be the first "My DB12R is tweaked" post .

I live 45 minutes from CRC and there are only 2 or 3 non-CRC cars racing around here (a couple of 12L's). Everyone who sees the car is REALLY impressed with it.

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME CAR!!!
haagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:02 AM   #984
Tech Lord

glad to hear your happy with it buddy. thanks for the feedback also.its nice to see happy customers.let me know if you need any assistance and i will be happy to help you
J Concepts
Old 08-31-2007, 08:12 AM   #985
Tech Lord

the cool thing is that even knowing that your tires were different sizes in front,it wont handle like a tweaked car.i forgot my tire truer 1 time and i had to keep rotating the front tires to keep them close to the same size.i ran 8 battery packs on the same tires and took TQ and fastest run of the day on the 6th run and the tires were .5mm different from left to right i was also in a very lazy mood that day and probably wouldnt have cut the tires anyway
J Concepts
Old 08-31-2007, 10:19 AM   #986
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

jason you got mail or pm i should say

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:44 AM   #987
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Lost Aggresiva:

Hi,

I'm starting out with Purple fronts and either White or Grey rears. cut to 1.85 Rear/1.75 front. I'll be on Parma tho. I'll see you Saturday???

Thanks
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:11 PM   #988
Tech Lord

hey guys,

i got the quotes today for setting up the website for online purchases.we have the ball rolling now and should have everything ready within 1-2 weeks.you will be able to purchase products direct from our website along with making payments.we are carrying all of the parts for our DB12R and some.we will be adding to our product list daily along with updates and tech tips.the parts list will be on there along with a bunch of other things.keep your eyes open for it.
J Concepts
Old 08-31-2007, 06:17 PM   #989
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The link to the parts list is up on www.bmiracing.com.

Please note that while most car parts are in stock there are some optional items and tires that have not come in yet.

When the full online sales website is up you will see what is in stock and what is not.

Please keep in mind that BMI Racing is an active machine shop in addition to a R/C car manufacturer. If you have any questions or need to place an order now before the new website is up please email what you need to [email protected] instead of calling if at all possible. We will answer fast!
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:04 PM   #990
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Adrian ~ Awesome job on the manual
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote