BMI's DB12R

You're on Page 352 of 583
Go to
  • Quote: So far, this is the only place I've found to get replacement left side hub screws, which is at IRS, the vendor of the hub. You want IRS part number 214.
    I have to order some myself:
    http://www.teamirsrc.com/hubs.html

    Edit: Stormer also has them.
    https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...c=ns&pn=IRS214
    Thanks, that's exactly what I needed!
  • Quote: Silver is actually one step softer than the gold. I would go to the gold or red and drop down to #4 surelube. That should help a ton
    Ah ok...I was thinking the springs were the same as the CRC ones. The silver CRC are stiffer.
  • Jason, got the package in today. Thanks, I like the shirt I bought. I know somone at the track will be wanting it when they see it.
  • Quote: Ah ok...I was thinking the springs were the same as the CRC ones. The silver CRC are stiffer.
    im not familiar with the CRC springs.
  • Quote: Jason, got the package in today. Thanks, I like the shirt I bought. I know somone at the track will be wanting it when they see it.
    Glad everything got there ok. We have plenty of shirts if they want one.
  • Dead on Jason, went to the red spring and #4 shurlube and the car was strapped!. Now if only the the driver was as good. My hero lap was 8.3 and avg was around 8.5, not great but not bad with Kyle (recent on-road champ) running 7.9 to 8.2 laps. Mabey a bit less time turtled on my lid and I'd be close

    Thanks man
  • Ran the car for the first time yesterday Jason after having it for a couple of months.
    I only got to get in two long practice runs but the car is pretty amazing man. Ran Jaco yellow rears all day but switched from black frts to lilac frts. The lilacs were definitely better but this thing has a ton of potential. After Vegas, it will be an all-out assault on getting this badboy dialed.
    For not running 1/12 for almost a year and a with a brand new layout I didn't see until yesterday, it was nice to see laptimes on current pace.

    I'll give you a call next week
  • Quote: Dead on Jason, went to the red spring and #4 shurlube and the car was strapped!. Now if only the the driver was as good. My hero lap was 8.3 and avg was around 8.5, not great but not bad with Kyle (recent on-road champ) running 7.9 to 8.2 laps. Mabey a bit less time turtled on my lid and I'd be close

    Thanks man
    Great news buddy!!
  • Quote: Ran the car for the first time yesterday Jason after having it for a couple of months.
    I only got to get in two long practice runs but the car is pretty amazing man. Ran Jaco yellow rears all day but switched from black frts to lilac frts. The lilacs were definitely better but this thing has a ton of potential. After Vegas, it will be an all-out assault on getting this badboy dialed.
    For not running 1/12 for almost a year and a with a brand new layout I didn't see until yesterday, it was nice to see laptimes on current pace.

    I'll give you a call next week
    Glad to hear it bro. I will talk to you this week
  • So I ran some carpet oval with the 12R today. Things went well and the car was great. (New track record! )

    However something came up that I thought someone here might be able to help me troubleshoot. After a couple run-ins with the a Hacker or two the car started to make a strange racket (sound). I was off-power only and mainly happened while turning. It sort of sounded like a metal-to-metal rattle. It sort of sounded like it was coming from the back. This sound could not be heard with the car in my hands. I looked things over real close and could not find anything out of place. The car continued to drive well even though the noise got quite noticeable. Will looking it over I notice that one of the front bearings seemed to have a catch in it. I then replaced all of the front bearings. During the next and final run I did not hear the sound.
    I hesitate to believe that a bearing could make so much of a rattle.

    Thoughts.
  • Any way to make the car lighter? I also would like to know where to get titanium screws for the car? Thanks for the help.
  • Quote: So I ran some carpet oval with the 12R today. Things went well and the car was great. (New track record! )

    However something came up that I thought someone here might be able to help me troubleshoot. After a couple run-ins with the a Hacker or two the car started to make a strange racket (sound). I was off-power only and mainly happened while turning. It sort of sounded like a metal-to-metal rattle. It sort of sounded like it was coming from the back. This sound could not be heard with the car in my hands. I looked things over real close and could not find anything out of place. The car continued to drive well even though the noise got quite noticeable. Will looking it over I notice that one of the front bearings seemed to have a catch in it. I then replaced all of the front bearings. During the next and final run I did not hear the sound.
    I hesitate to believe that a bearing could make so much of a rattle.

    Thoughts.
    From what you described it sounds much like a loose diff, but if you say that changing the front bearings helped, then just do a closer inspection to the bearings you replaced, maybe a faulty retainer ring or something, normally BMI comes with BOCA bearings which are top quality.
  • Quote: Any way to make the car lighter? I also would like to know where to get titanium screws for the car? Thanks for the help.
    To lighten the car, use aluminium screws, they are half the weight of steel, Ti is only 2/3rds the weight of steel. I've used them everywhere except the forward attachment of the L plates. Beware that this is not a good idea if your track has solid boards, or if you have a habit of hitting things. The DB12R is strong for a lot of reasons, and the steel screws is one of them. HTH
  • Quote: From what you described it sounds much like a loose diff, but if you say that changing the front bearings helped, then just do a closer inspection to the bearings you replaced, maybe a faulty retainer ring or something, normally BMI comes with BOCA bearings which are top quality.
    Yeah I thought the diff might have something to do with the noise so I broke it down and put it back and go no change. I inspected to front bearings that I took off the car and I did not notice a major issue, just some slop.

    I should mention though that the car went on to finish all races and won the Main by like a year! Good Car!
  • It could be a spur gear or just a grinding bearing when its under load. If it stopped with the bearing change then that was probably it.

Similar Threads