R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-19-2007, 11:28 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default GS Hobby remote control superstore, Fort smith arkansas?

Has anyone dealt with this online shop before? www.gshobby.com. I placed an online order, paypal, and no shipment win 4 days, no one answers emails, phone goes to answering machine.
minidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Default small issues

Dave,
I bought the faast module & reciever from them last year when it first came out. There was an in stock issue but they made good and at that time they were prompt on the email and phone.

That of course doesn't tell you much now!

See you up trackside

Darrald
drsfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:14 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They're good guys. Keep trying to contact them. I do know that they will be at a big race this weekend, so I doubt you will get any replies on Friday afternoon, or Sat/Sun.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:00 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

email them to check stock status b4 u order. their webstore does not keep track of thier inventory levels.
GymBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:21 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

webstores that allow them to "sell" and take your money instantly for what they do not have is just not right. Ordered and paid on Sunday. Emailed yesterday Wednesday no reply, phoned today Thursday , they haven't bothered to reply either. No one answers the phone. Their website says they ship on the day they get your payment. The only reason I ordered from them is they seemed to have my item in stock - if I knew that they really don't have items they are offering for sale I would not have bothered. I won't make that mistake again.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:24 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
They're good guys. Keep trying to contact them. I do know that they will be at a big race this weekend, so I doubt you will get any replies on Friday afternoon, or Sat/Sun.
"Good guys" don't ignore you. Big race this coming weekend is no excuse for an order made last Sunday.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:34 PM   #7
Regional Moderator

I ordered a Much More CTX-D discharger from them in March. Although I didn't receive a shipping notice, I did receive the item 5 or 6 days after placing the order.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:43 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hmmmm ordering from the web again. Just a note. Don't ever order unless you personally talk to the people at the hobby shop. Know when its going to ship and get a tracking #. If this is the shop I think it is they use to keep a pretty good stock of racing parts but its been a couple of years since I was actually there. There is no excuse though for not getting back to you.
rcmark24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:20 PM   #9
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

by far the best webstores are Amain and carolinasrc.

they both have real time inventory listings, knowledgable, are racers and answer your queries immediatly.

also if they dont have it available you ask for it, and if they have a supplier they will stock it for you.
GymBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:22 PM   #10
Tech Initiate

I'm not one to dog someone, but I live in Ft. Smith and have been there several times mainly as I was trying to get into this hobby. My personal opinion is that they were very impolite as far as walking in and wanting to talk about getting a car. They didn't seem to have time to talk to me about a 1/10 car because I believe they mainly do offroad type stuff. If they would have been a little bit more helpful I probably would have went the offroad route instead. So I grade them a C. I don't think they are the type that will take your money and you will never see a product though.
bshown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:30 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GymBeam View Post
by far the best webstores are Amain and carolinasrc.

they both have real time inventory listings, knowledgable, are racers and answer your queries immediatly.

also if they dont have it available you ask for it, and if they have a supplier they will stock it for you.
Unfortunately, MuchMore stuff (CTXW tire warmer) is hard to find. LHS is out, Speedtech's out, Nexus is out,
Old 07-20-2007, 09:41 AM   #12
Tech Fanatic

I hope that this is not a prediction of things to come, but,

1)Still no one answering phone
2)Website is now down - "will be back online soon"
Old 07-20-2007, 04:49 PM   #13
Tech Rookie

Hello all,

I am the marketing person for GShobby.com and I live in FL. Unfortunately I cannot see the status of your order, however I will bring your situation to the attention of the owner. Please understand that the delay in contact is atypical for GShobby.com. Unfortunately the website is being updated and the owner is out of town on a business trip. This is an unfortunate set of circumstances, if you want to email me your information, I will personally follow up and get you an answer as soon as possible.

Thanks
JR Mitch
[email protected]
rcnitrojam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:06 PM   #14
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Rc_Boy89

My first order from gshobby was my last. Order took far to long and lack of communication, never again. Stick to the online hobby stores u no best
Rc_Boy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:27 PM   #15
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to aedriver

Hi, the owner of the store is out of town on business and I am the only other guy that works there. I have college courses during the day and I do my best to get as much done in the limited time I have at the shop. Our site has been down way longer than anticipated due to server updates. And since the site is down, our e-mail is also down.

Minidriver: Please e-mail [email protected] with your name and the items you ordered. If your order has not been shipped yet, we will refund your money and send you a free r/c gift for your trouble.

Thank You

Zach
aedriver is offline   Reply With Quote