Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
set up question. >

set up question.

set up question.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Default set up question.

Im not into racing yet but im trying to setup my car. I have a tc3 and i want to set it up for a parking lot. Could i use asphalt setups or should i use something else this parking lot i use has some pretty big bumps and im looking to set my car to run really nice in this lot. Im currently running a ea motorsports 19 turn with 72 spur 25 pinion.My shocks are aluminum threaded with copper in the rear and yellow in the front. I have no idea what shock oil i have. everthing else is pretty much stock as far as i can tell. I bought this car used and i dont know much about it. I also have tekin g-12c,Airtronics mx-3 controller, spectrum z590 servo,gp3300 batteries, Teamcheckpoint tc1030 charger. Any info on what i got and what to set it at would be greatly appreciated.Please recommend a good tire for this type of terrain.

Last edited by berlincam86; 07-17-2007 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't race a TC3 anymore, but when I did, I used to use a setup posted on Associated's site called "Bumpy Track" or something like that. Most asphalt setups are for smooth track surfaces, but most parking lots are bumpy to some degree...
Old 07-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

You will want to go with lighter springs than what you are running, also I would say because of the springs on it, it was ran on carpet, so you want to add some droop and lower the roll center. Your oil weight will depend on the springs you put on the car, but I would start with 20lbs 40wt in the front and 15lbs 35 wt in the rear, if it is really bumpy go with the number 1 piston, otherwise use the number 2's. About 5.5mm rh, and start with .5-1 degree of toe out in the front, and 3 degrees toe in in the rear. I'd run 4 degree caster blocks, relying on braking to get me into the corners, and about 1.5 degree of negative camber. Get cs-27 tires, and a mazda 6 body as well.

Anyways that is my 2 cents, sorry if it doesn't work or if it is not right by others.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Thats ok i just want a starting point or maybe someone that plays on this terrain alot that could point me in the right direction. Thanks. the only setups i could find on the associated site are the ones of racers. Is that what your talking about or are there ones labeled bumpy or smooth?
Old 07-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The "bumpy track" setup was in the back of the original TC3 assembly manual... Tony Phalen posted a pdf version:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
BumpySetup.pdf (408.0 KB, 221 views)
Old 07-21-2007, 03:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Sweet, Thanks.