Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Speedpassion Brushless. >

Speedpassion Brushless.

Speedpassion Brushless.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
You got it buddy!! I have a motor for ya. You showing up this week?
Yea at some point, maybe this weekend
Old 01-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

where can I get my hands on the SpeedPassion ESCs to test them with our Oval motors?

Currently we are only allowing the sensored ESC's from Novak and LRP, but I'm hoping we can do some testing with both the SpeedPassion system and the Traxxas system to be able to have more available options.

(Providing SpeedPassion is interested in that market at all)
Old 01-02-2008, 01:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Nexus Racing has the goodies in stock!

http://nexusracing.net/index.php?manufacturers_id=52

-Korey
Old 01-02-2008, 04:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

can anyone tell the footprint of the GT speedo?
Old 01-02-2008, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

nevermind found it.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I don't believe so. the changes that can be made follow.

Lipo Cutoff
"temperature protection"
Motor mode/fwd/rev
the DRRS or digital race response system
Drag Brake

Timing is not adjustable without the programming box, the boxes are on order and were looking at a delivery in Early February on those programming boxes, once I have more info on them you'll see it in here.

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
Do you know what settings can be changed on the Feigao with and without the programmer? Is motor timing adjustable?
Old 01-02-2008, 08:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

To be honest with you an "oval specific" speed control is unlikely, but I would absolutely love to see Speed Passion on ALL electric platforms and classes.

These ESC's are on a whole different level than I've ever seen before and I can say they should be able to perform on the oval as well.

A quick update on dealers for you being on the west coast;

(insert shameless plug here)

Seattle Indoor Raceway
360 RC Hobbies
Nexus Racing
We will be working with Speedtech RC as well in the near future, expect that in the next few weeks/months

Originally Posted by SWTour
where can I get my hands on the SpeedPassion ESCs to test them with our Oval motors?

Currently we are only allowing the sensored ESC's from Novak and LRP, but I'm hoping we can do some testing with both the SpeedPassion system and the Traxxas system to be able to have more available options.

(Providing SpeedPassion is interested in that market at all)
Old 01-02-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

I see NEXUS shows the ESC's come WITH the programmer...

One more Q - and I know I read this someplace already, but I can't find it.

The GT show sensor or sensorless capable, but does it have the plug for sensored motors or does it run them w/o the harness hooked up?

I see the Fiagio uses the harness, and I believe I read there is another one lower on the chart that is purely sensorless.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

It does have a plug for the harness on the front of the speed control.

On a different note I love your signature
Old 01-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I see NEXUS shows the ESC's come WITH the programmer...

One more Q - and I know I read this someplace already, but I can't find it.

The GT show sensor or sensorless capable, but does it have the plug for sensored motors or does it run them w/o the harness hooked up?

I see the Fiagio uses the harness, and I believe I read there is another one lower on the chart that is purely sensorless.
The GT has the sensor plug. For racing its best to run sensored as the motor starts instantly that way. Sensorless operation is for sensorless motors and bashing.

I think the oval crowd will love this speedo. It lets you tune a lot more stuff than the others.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Adrian,

Thanks...

We've established our set of rules to only allow 'sensored' ESC's and currently only NOVAK's motors.

We are also in a transition of switching from 4 cell NiMh to LIPO and have tight rules for the battery use in '08 as well, limiting them to just the ORION 3200's for the season. (We'll evaluate that come mid year, and see where we want to go from there)

In switching from 4 cell to the 2s1p Lipo voltage we required a lower powered/rpm motor to keep speeds similar to what our classes were accustom to, so that is where the NEW Novak 17.5 and 21.5 motors came from...and what worked out really cool for us is that if we need to have a bit slower class for NEWBIEW - we can do either of those motors on 4 cell and really slow them down some more. (The 17.5/4 cell runs virtually the same as the 27t/4 cell on nearly everyy track we tested it on, whereas the 21.5/LIPO is just a tick faster (2 laps in 5 minutes on most of the tracks tested so far)
Tech Elite

delete

Last edited by SWTour; 01-02-2008 at 09:44 AM. Reason: double
Tech Elite

DELETE -Double Post

Last edited by SWTour; 01-02-2008 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Wow - that was weird - TRIPLE POST
Old 01-02-2008, 09:55 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Adrian,

Thanks...

We've established our set of rules to only allow 'sensored' ESC's and currently only NOVAK's motors.

We are also in a transition of switching from 4 cell NiMh to LIPO and have tight rules for the battery use in '08 as well, limiting them to just the ORION 3200's for the season. (We'll evaluate that come mid year, and see where we want to go from there)

In switching from 4 cell to the 2s1p Lipo voltage we required a lower powered/rpm motor to keep speeds similar to what our classes were accustom to, so that is where the NEW Novak 17.5 and 21.5 motors came from...and what worked out really cool for us is that if we need to have a bit slower class for NEWBIEW - we can do either of those motors on 4 cell and really slow them down some more. (The 17.5/4 cell runs virtually the same as the 27t/4 cell on nearly everyy track we tested it on, whereas the 21.5/LIPO is just a tick faster (2 laps in 5 minutes on most of the tracks tested so far)
Why is it sensored speedo's only? Sensorless is suppose to suck so why worry if a guy runs a sensorless speedo? Never thought racing would be setup by what brand speedo you run.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Why is it sensored speedo's only? Sensorless is suppose to suck so why worry if a guy runs a sensorless speedo?
CONTROLLED RULES!

We're going into NEW territory for OVAL racing - and the one thing I plan to do is tread slowly into some of the new ground so things with the NEW direction don't get as SCREWED UP as things were in the OLD DIRECTION!

Having many, many, many, many options doesn't make for GOOD CLEAN TIGHT RACING....and can be a TECH CREW Nightmare.

I'm only interested in GOOD RACING - Take the wonder of "IF" somebody is beating the other guy because of his equipment OUT of the equation...and the racing instantly becomes a little better. Put everyone in the SAME equipment - and racing ...TRUE PURE racing... becomes a LOT better.

Our races have become better since we made the switch, and more important...our racers have been HAPPIER! That says a lot, cause our racers sometimes are not easy to please.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.