R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 08:55 PM   #571
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

I got my GT all Loaded into my car but cant use it until Wednesday...... The adjustments are easy to do now lets see how it works on the track.
Attached Thumbnails
Speedpassion Brushless.-rc-bodies-007.jpg   Speedpassion Brushless.-rc-bodies-008.jpg  
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:03 PM   #572
Tech Regular

We'll be getting in the Speed Passion Super Caps with our next order. 4cell and 6cell versions.
www.SpeedPassion.net
www.SpeedPowerrc.com
Old 12-29-2007, 09:14 PM   #573
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Shawn,

When do you think that will be?
Old 12-29-2007, 11:54 PM   #574
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
I got my GT all Loaded into my car but cant use it until Wednesday...... The adjustments are easy to do now lets see how it works on the track.

Nice Kev. Too bad you will miss the Warm-up race. If you want I will let you know the settings I ran that day to give you a comparison and hopefully a headstart for Novak!
Old 12-30-2007, 01:52 AM   #575
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer View Post
We'll be getting in the Speed Passion Super Caps with our next order. 4cell and 6cell versions.
Shawn . . .

you have any information about caps in that bottomless well of R/C electronics knowledge? Something along the line of appropriate values for varying demands, or perhaps high quality vs. low quality vs. size vs. cost along with some name brands an off brands?

For example I know the original spheres came with a very small cap, but now te TC spec and all the GTB's have a much larger cap. Are there higher quality caps that are smaller or is there always a direct relationship between size and cap capacity?

I know caps are rated somehow and usually a higher number means a bigger cap, but thats about where my understanding stops.

There is no substitute for understanding!
-CG-
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
Old 12-30-2007, 02:01 AM   #576
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

http://www.racingfactory.fi/shop2/ca...atalog.php?c=6

Are these the caps y'all are talking about getting in soon? They look like they aren't cylindrical . . .?? Like maybe flat?
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
Old 12-30-2007, 02:01 AM   #577
Tech Elite

Andrew hope this helps.

http://www.kinggolden-rc.com/doc/Spe..._June82006.htm
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
Old 12-30-2007, 07:53 AM   #578
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Anybody run their GT ESC w/ the SP 10.5R this weekend? Any tips on settings or you running default.

Or running the GT ESC w/ a Novak 13.5.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:03 AM   #579
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Anybody run their GT ESC w/ the SP 10.5R this weekend? Any tips on settings or you running default.

Or running the GT ESC w/ a Novak 13.5.
I'll be out today with it buddy, I'll have something for ya

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
Old 12-30-2007, 03:52 PM   #580
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys,

Sorry I know this has been asked before but I'm still confused

Will a SP 3.5T will work with Novak GTB? I mean the sensored cable included with the Speed Passion motor will work on the GTB ESC??

I mean the sensored cable included with the Speed Passion motor will work on the GTB ESC??

thanks, got this SP 3.5T on the way and really anxious if it'll work!!
Kyosho MP777 RB S7
Kyosho Mad Force (needs work) and Minium cessna
Jammin CRT.5 SH .12 turbo engine
Traxxas S-Maxx
Yokomo World SD replica (500 items only)
Schumacher Rascal (needs new tank)
Losi Micro-t
CEN Nemesis (needs radio)
....perhaps a little addicted??
Old 12-30-2007, 04:00 PM   #581
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loverc View Post
Hi guys,

Sorry I know this has been asked before but I'm still confused

Will a SP 3.5T will work with Novak GTB? I mean the sensored cable included with the Speed Passion motor will work on the GTB ESC??

I mean the sensored cable included with the Speed Passion motor will work on the GTB ESC??

thanks, got this SP 3.5T on the way and really anxious if it'll work!!
It will work perfectly. The plugs on all sensor harneses are standard. Your GTB (or LRP Sphere, GM Genius, etc...) will run any brand of sensored motor as long as the sensor wire is connected.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:23 PM   #582
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Today I had my first runs with the GT and Sp 10.5 motor on my Cyclone...

Gearing: 5.18FDR Temps: 141F after 6 min heat.

results: well, set it up with the zero timing and #6 throttle profile. The car was fast and had good low end. In 2 heats today, It had real good low end, but down the straight it wasnt as fast as the the others guys like the BOwser Brothers, Tim K., D. Batiste, etc, who were running mostly Novak. That was the only issue..I needed a bit more top end...almost there!!( my driving didnt help)

1) Gearing: The gearing tells me I can try one more tooth on the Pinion, but the temps will get higher...I like the 10.5 motors to run in the 140-145F range, and the Novak and Orion 10.5 i have tried performed real well at those temps and were a bit faster than my SP 10.5 today...

2) ESC settings: I can try using timing on the ESC, maybe 3.75 deg option or something else...if anyone has played with this please let us know what timing gives the best result. Incresing the throttle profile from 6 to 7 or 8 might do it, but this might also increase temps, as it happens w/ LRP Sphere TC. I dont mind getting 160F temps as long as it wont kill the motor...

Any other suggestions?

Anyone run GT and SP 10.5 today? What setings did you use and what FDR and how did it fare against other systems?
Old 12-30-2007, 06:28 PM   #583
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default SP

Hello Guys, My son Austin ran the SP 4.5 and the 10.5 today on a fast big track.Ran 4.5 with same FDR and ESC settings, new CS 27 the same for all 3 motors. 4.5 was overall much Faster than are other mod motors we ran. The 10.5 was just fast. Blows out all other 10.5 in my opinion. We tested 4different type of 10.5 motors. PW setup, EP 4600, All in All great propuct. Thanks Ron Harrison,
Old 12-30-2007, 06:29 PM   #584
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
Today I had my first runs with the GT and Sp 10.5 motor on my Cyclone...

Gearing: 5.18FDR Temps: 141F after 6 min heat.

results: well, set it up with the zero timing and #6 throttle profile. The car was fast and had good low end. In 2 heats today, It had real good low end, but down the straight it wasnt as fast as the the others guys like the BOwser Brothers, Tim K., D. Batiste, etc, who were running mostly Novak. That was the only issue..I needed a bit more top end...almost there!!( my driving didnt help)

1) Gearing: The gearing tells me I can try one more tooth on the Pinion, but the temps will get higher...I like the 10.5 motors to run in the 140-145F range, and the Novak and Orion 10.5 i have tried performed real well at those temps and were a bit faster than my SP 10.5 today...

2) ESC settings: I can try using timing on the ESC, maybe 3.75 deg option or something else...if anyone has played with this please let us know what timing gives the best result. Incresing the throttle profile from 6 to 7 or 8 might do it, but this might also increase temps, as it happens w/ LRP Sphere TC. I dont mind getting 160F temps as long as it wont kill the motor...

Any other suggestions?

Anyone run GT and SP 10.5 today? What setings did you use and what FDR and how did it fare against other systems?
If you ran Zero timing (AMTS Setting #1) you were way under timed and probably under geared. I ran my Novak 10.5 at 4.8 FDR and it didnt get too hot.

I would leave the gearing the same (5.18) as start walking the timing up to the default setting of #6 (18.75*). Don't worry about temps until you get close to 180*F.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:30 PM   #585
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Racin View Post
Hello Guys, My son Austin ran the SP 4.5 and the 10.5 today on a fast big track.Ran 4.5 with same FDR and ESC settings, new CS 27 the same for all 3 motors. 4.5 was overall much Faster than are other mod motors we ran. The 10.5 was just fast. Blows out all other 10.5 in my opinion. We tested 4different type of 10.5 motors. PW setup, EP 4600, All in All great propuct. Thanks Ron Harrison,
What motor timing setting did you use?
Closed Thread