R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2007, 08:09 PM   #436
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,564
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Adam or Shawn,


Suppose I miss out on the first batch of the GT and the 10.5, any idea when the next batch might arrive. I know this is maybe a hard question for ya but any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve
corallyman is offline  
Old 12-22-2007, 12:14 AM   #437
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Dont have a 13865 listed.
138** is competition series motors.
Offroad Kicker series is 168**
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline  
Old 12-22-2007, 02:07 AM   #438
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

not have any punch !
RC MARKET is offline  
Old 12-22-2007, 03:46 AM   #439
Tech Adept
 
johnkemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: mildura
Posts: 141
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

any one tryed the 2.5 brushless
johnkemp is offline  
Old 12-22-2007, 07:17 AM   #440
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,224
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

We havent gotten the first batch yet, were expecting Monday or Wednesday.



Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Adam or Shawn,


Suppose I miss out on the first batch of the GT and the 10.5, any idea when the next batch might arrive. I know this is maybe a hard question for ya but any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

John not yet, I would say by mid next week we'll have local guys with them.
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline  
Old 12-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #441
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkemp View Post
any one tryed the 2.5 brushless
HK had driver used was burn TC Spec ESC !
RC MARKET is offline  
Old 12-22-2007, 03:33 PM   #442
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

2.5R runs only on 5 cell with the LRP TC esc.
Its ballistic, cant see the average joe getting around a track with out incident, just too much ponies.
Its awesome for those speed freaks out there
Prefer the 4.5R and 3.5R if on a long fast track.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline  
Old 12-22-2007, 03:54 PM   #443
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Yeah, the 2.5 is like a 5 turn...useless for racing. Its good for a high speed basher car that never turns but even then you would have to be careful on gearing to keep the motor from burning up.

Most commonly used motors in Mod classes:

For 5 cell Sedan mod 4.5 or 3.5 are best.

For 6 cell or LiPo Sedan mod a 5.5 or 4.5 are best.

For 1/12th 4 cell mod 5.5 or 4.5 are best.

For 4wd Mod Off road 6.5 and 5.5 are best.

For 2wd Mod Off road 7.5 and 6.5 are best.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline  
Old 12-22-2007, 06:58 PM   #444
Tech Regular
 
Shawn Palmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Speed Passion USA Support HQ
Posts: 498
Default

Corrallyman:
At last count I believe we still had a number of GT ESC's that were not already allocated onto dealer orders. The 10.5 motors are extremely tight however.

Again, please refer to the list of dealers I posted above who will be shipped the Speed Passion product the same day it arrives at the office. Some of them have fairly extensive orders, so you should be able to find what you want lickety split.

I haven't had final word on when the next shipment will arrive, but I'm estimating around the 10th of Jan. We're apparently putting a large strain on SP production due to the extra time this first order has taken to ship to us, but I'm confident that subsequent orders/shipments won't suffer the same delays now that the products are sorted.

On another note:
Some of you may have noticed we have product going to our sponsored team just in time for the Novak race. This product was an entirely seperate order, made AFTER the initial sales stock order. I intended the original sales stock to ship from our warehouse several days before the sponsored product even arrived. I mention this because it was our original intention to have product in dealers hands BEFORE our team driver stock even arrived at Schumacher USA. I don't play favorites with our team guys over everyone else, and team product is ordered under it's own invoice and will NEVER be canibalized from normal sales stock. Maybe this is "Too Much Information", but it's always been a pet peave of mine when the sponsored guy next to you just got 3 new motors, and yours (that you paid retail for) have been on backorder for months...
__________________
Shawn Palmer
Speed Passion USA Sales Manager
USAsupport <at> King-Golden <dot> com
www.SpeedPassion.net
www.SpeedPowerrc.com
Shawn Palmer is offline  
Old 12-22-2007, 07:00 PM   #445
Tech Regular
 
Shawn Palmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Speed Passion USA Support HQ
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
**Note***
Schumacher USA is a distribution office, and as such we prefer that you buy through one of our dealers. Much of this first order has been spoken for already by our dealers, so our stock for any retail sales may be limited until the next order comes in.

Partial list of dealers w/SP product wanted just as soon as it's here, and in no particular order:
Nexus racing
S&N Trackside Hobbies (Scotty)
Speed Tech
360 RC Speedway & Hobbies
Fusion Hobbies
__________________
Shawn Palmer
Speed Passion USA Sales Manager
USAsupport <at> King-Golden <dot> com
www.SpeedPassion.net
www.SpeedPowerrc.com
Shawn Palmer is offline  
Old 12-22-2007, 07:07 PM   #446
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,564
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the answer Shawn, I also think its better to explain any complicated situation like the team drivers order that you just explained rather than have people get the wrong idea or read anything bad into what is an innocent deal. I'm sure most all of us reading this thread have been impressed by how you guys are handeling these products. Thanks again.

Steve








Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer View Post
Corrallyman:
At last count I believe we still had a number of GT ESC's that were not already allocated onto dealer orders. The 10.5 motors are extremely tight however.

Again, please refer to the list of dealers I posted above who will be shipped the Speed Passion product the same day it arrives at the office. Some of them have fairly extensive orders, so you should be able to find what you want lickety split.

I haven't had final word on when the next shipment will arrive, but I'm estimating around the 10th of Jan. We're apparently putting a large strain on SP production due to the extra time this first order has taken to ship to us, but I'm confident that subsequent orders/shipments won't suffer the same delays now that the products are sorted.

On another note:
Some of you may have noticed we have product going to our sponsored team just in time for the Novak race. This product was an entirely seperate order, made AFTER the initial sales stock order. I intended the original sales stock to ship from our warehouse several days before the sponsored product even arrived. I mention this because it was our original intention to have product in dealers hands BEFORE our team driver stock even arrived at Schumacher USA. I don't play favorites with our team guys over everyone else, and team product is ordered under it's own invoice and will NEVER be canibalized from normal sales stock. Maybe this is "Too Much Information", but it's always been a pet peave of mine when the sponsored guy next to you just got 3 new motors, and yours (that you paid retail for) have been on backorder for months...
corallyman is offline  
Old 12-23-2007, 05:25 AM   #447
Tech Addict
 
Island Losi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Barbados
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Thanks for the answer Shawn, I also think its better to explain any complicated situation like the team drivers order that you just explained rather than have people get the wrong idea or read anything bad into what is an innocent deal. I'm sure most all of us reading this thread have been impressed by how you guys are handeling these products. Thanks again.

Steve
2nd, 3rd, and 4th that one.
__________________
Yokomo|SpeedPassion|McgooCreative|TeamOrion|FusionPower|Futaba|Spektrum|RP|Trinity|Protoform
Island Losi is offline  
Old 12-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #448
Tech Addict
 
Island Losi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Barbados
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

some pics i found..........

__________________
Yokomo|SpeedPassion|McgooCreative|TeamOrion|FusionPower|Futaba|Spektrum|RP|Trinity|Protoform
Island Losi is offline  
Old 12-24-2007, 02:44 AM   #449
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor View Post
Dont have a 13865 listed.
138** is competition series motors.
Offroad Kicker series is 168**
hmmm.... have i ordered the wrong thing then ? I'm giving off-road a shot in 2008 and thought this looked good (the other two guys I'm going with have got LRP and Novaks, so I thought I'd give the SP a run)
chris_dono is offline  
Old 12-24-2007, 04:17 AM   #450
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkemp View Post
any one tryed the 2.5 brushless
Kevin Brunsden tried the 2.5 at a carpet event and said it was insane. I think he went back to a 4.5

Most 5cell guys come off with around 1200-1500 left in the cells (carpet) but the 2.5 was only leaving 200mAh in the cells.

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Speedpassion 5.5 brushless motor Marcos.J R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-24-2008 06:36 PM
Speedpassion GT Brushless ESC -- Great Deal or8ital R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 07-17-2008 05:06 PM
For Sale: Speedpassion GT Brushless Speedo, 13.5 and 10.5 L.Fairtrace R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-04-2008 01:36 PM
For Sale Speedpassion 2.5 brushless motor Marcos.J R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 03-22-2008 06:10 PM
For Sale Speedpassion 10.5 brushless motor Marcos.J R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-03-2008 05:52 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:03 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net