R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 08:09 PM   #436
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Adam or Shawn,

Suppose I miss out on the first batch of the GT and the 10.5, any idea when the next batch might arrive. I know this is maybe a hard question for ya but any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 12-22-2007, 12:14 AM   #437
Tech Elite

Dont have a 13865 listed.
138** is competition series motors.
Offroad Kicker series is 168**
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
Old 12-22-2007, 02:07 AM   #438
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

not have any punch !
Old 12-22-2007, 03:46 AM   #439
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

any one tryed the 2.5 brushless
Old 12-22-2007, 07:17 AM   #440
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

We havent gotten the first batch yet, were expecting Monday or Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Adam or Shawn,

Suppose I miss out on the first batch of the GT and the 10.5, any idea when the next batch might arrive. I know this is maybe a hard question for ya but any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

John not yet, I would say by mid next week we'll have local guys with them.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #441
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkemp View Post
HK had driver used was burn TC Spec ESC !
Old 12-22-2007, 03:33 PM   #442
Tech Elite

2.5R runs only on 5 cell with the LRP TC esc.
Its ballistic, cant see the average joe getting around a track with out incident, just too much ponies.
Its awesome for those speed freaks out there
Prefer the 4.5R and 3.5R if on a long fast track.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
Old 12-22-2007, 03:54 PM   #443
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah, the 2.5 is like a 5 turn...useless for racing. Its good for a high speed basher car that never turns but even then you would have to be careful on gearing to keep the motor from burning up.

Most commonly used motors in Mod classes:

For 5 cell Sedan mod 4.5 or 3.5 are best.

For 6 cell or LiPo Sedan mod a 5.5 or 4.5 are best.

For 1/12th 4 cell mod 5.5 or 4.5 are best.

For 4wd Mod Off road 6.5 and 5.5 are best.

For 2wd Mod Off road 7.5 and 6.5 are best.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:58 PM   #444
Tech Regular

Corrallyman:
At last count I believe we still had a number of GT ESC's that were not already allocated onto dealer orders. The 10.5 motors are extremely tight however.

Again, please refer to the list of dealers I posted above who will be shipped the Speed Passion product the same day it arrives at the office. Some of them have fairly extensive orders, so you should be able to find what you want lickety split.

I haven't had final word on when the next shipment will arrive, but I'm estimating around the 10th of Jan. We're apparently putting a large strain on SP production due to the extra time this first order has taken to ship to us, but I'm confident that subsequent orders/shipments won't suffer the same delays now that the products are sorted.

On another note:
Some of you may have noticed we have product going to our sponsored team just in time for the Novak race. This product was an entirely seperate order, made AFTER the initial sales stock order. I intended the original sales stock to ship from our warehouse several days before the sponsored product even arrived. I mention this because it was our original intention to have product in dealers hands BEFORE our team driver stock even arrived at Schumacher USA. I don't play favorites with our team guys over everyone else, and team product is ordered under it's own invoice and will NEVER be canibalized from normal sales stock. Maybe this is "Too Much Information", but it's always been a pet peave of mine when the sponsored guy next to you just got 3 new motors, and yours (that you paid retail for) have been on backorder for months...
www.SpeedPassion.net
www.SpeedPowerrc.com
Old 12-22-2007, 07:00 PM   #445
Tech Regular

Quote:
**Note***
Schumacher USA is a distribution office, and as such we prefer that you buy through one of our dealers. Much of this first order has been spoken for already by our dealers, so our stock for any retail sales may be limited until the next order comes in.

Partial list of dealers w/SP product wanted just as soon as it's here, and in no particular order:
Nexus racing
S&N Trackside Hobbies (Scotty)
Speed Tech
360 RC Speedway & Hobbies
Fusion Hobbies
www.SpeedPassion.net
www.SpeedPowerrc.com
Old 12-22-2007, 07:07 PM   #446
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Thanks for the answer Shawn, I also think its better to explain any complicated situation like the team drivers order that you just explained rather than have people get the wrong idea or read anything bad into what is an innocent deal. I'm sure most all of us reading this thread have been impressed by how you guys are handeling these products. Thanks again.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer View Post
Corrallyman:
At last count I believe we still had a number of GT ESC's that were not already allocated onto dealer orders. The 10.5 motors are extremely tight however.

Again, please refer to the list of dealers I posted above who will be shipped the Speed Passion product the same day it arrives at the office. Some of them have fairly extensive orders, so you should be able to find what you want lickety split.

I haven't had final word on when the next shipment will arrive, but I'm estimating around the 10th of Jan. We're apparently putting a large strain on SP production due to the extra time this first order has taken to ship to us, but I'm confident that subsequent orders/shipments won't suffer the same delays now that the products are sorted.

On another note:
Some of you may have noticed we have product going to our sponsored team just in time for the Novak race. This product was an entirely seperate order, made AFTER the initial sales stock order. I intended the original sales stock to ship from our warehouse several days before the sponsored product even arrived. I mention this because it was our original intention to have product in dealers hands BEFORE our team driver stock even arrived at Schumacher USA. I don't play favorites with our team guys over everyone else, and team product is ordered under it's own invoice and will NEVER be canibalized from normal sales stock. Maybe this is "Too Much Information", but it's always been a pet peave of mine when the sponsored guy next to you just got 3 new motors, and yours (that you paid retail for) have been on backorder for months...
Old 12-23-2007, 05:25 AM   #447
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Thanks for the answer Shawn, I also think its better to explain any complicated situation like the team drivers order that you just explained rather than have people get the wrong idea or read anything bad into what is an innocent deal. I'm sure most all of us reading this thread have been impressed by how you guys are handeling these products. Thanks again.

Steve
2nd, 3rd, and 4th that one.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #448
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

some pics i found..........

Old 12-24-2007, 02:44 AM   #449
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor View Post
Dont have a 13865 listed.
138** is competition series motors.
Offroad Kicker series is 168**
hmmm.... have i ordered the wrong thing then ? I'm giving off-road a shot in 2008 and thought this looked good (the other two guys I'm going with have got LRP and Novaks, so I thought I'd give the SP a run)
Old 12-24-2007, 04:17 AM   #450
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkemp View Post
Kevin Brunsden tried the 2.5 at a carpet event and said it was insane. I think he went back to a 4.5

Most 5cell guys come off with around 1200-1500 left in the cells (carpet) but the 2.5 was only leaving 200mAh in the cells.

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Closed Thread