Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speedpassion Brushless.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Few Questions,

1: When you guys say the 3.5 drains the battery, what batterys do you guys use and does it just slow down towards the end of the 5mins or does it completley drop out?

2: The VORTEC rules in Australia (victoria) allow Novak 8.5's as the official 19t brushless motor since there is no other 19t Brushless motor yet, would the SP 9.5 challenge the Novak?

3: What relationship would Schumacher have with SP if they promote it?

Replying to the previous posts about the choice of speedy's, A lot of us in Australia use the LRP's (thermaling being a big issue here) but some (like myself) use Novak, but I am just about to scream if I have more problems with my Novak, I still havnt got my 4.5 back and I sent it away in January! and my first Novak speedy works but wont accept motors below a 6.5! And my new Spread Specktrum caught on fire and Stained my beautiful Mi3 chassis!!!

Looking forward to see how this new SP speedy does because I wont hesitate changing!
Old 09-04-2007, 12:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
These will be available in coming weeks for use in 5 cell mod class.

RB inspired, got to love it!
Old 09-04-2007, 01:13 AM
luc
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kirby Masterman
Few Questions,

1: When you guys say the 3.5 drains the battery, what batterys do you guys use and does it just slow down towards the end of the 5mins or does it completley drop out?

2: The VORTEC rules in Australia (victoria) allow Novak 8.5's as the official 19t brushless motor since there is no other 19t Brushless motor yet, would the SP 9.5 challenge the Novak?

3: What relationship would Schumacher have with SP if they promote it?

Replying to the previous posts about the choice of speedy's, A lot of us in Australia use the LRP's (thermaling being a big issue here) but some (like myself) use Novak, but I am just about to scream if I have more problems with my Novak, I still havnt got my 4.5 back and I sent it away in January! and my first Novak speedy works but wont accept motors below a 6.5! And my new Spread Specktrum caught on fire and Stained my beautiful Mi3 chassis!!!

Looking forward to see how this new SP speedy does because I wont hesitate changing!

Yes the 9.5 from SP would be comparable with the novak this is why it is designed and produced. I have used this motor here in testing and it is quite potent and will keep up with the novak no problem. As far as you novak stuff is concerned i have had numerous dealings with Charlie from Novak and he has always been incredibly helpful as i am sure anyone who has dealt with him will tell you. Where did you send the 4.5 was it driect to Novak or through a shop ? If it was direct to Novak simply e-mail Charlie and find out what is going on he replies to e-mails daily and will help as best he can.

From what i have seen with the 3.5 if you are judicial with the throttle you can make 5 minutes without it dropping off if you mash the throttle you will dump about 30 seconds before the end. (this of course is different for every track and battery condition)

As for the question about the relationship with Schumacher i would assume that the owners of Schumacher would have to contact SP and go from there.

Hope that helps
Old 09-04-2007, 01:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Kirby, reach out to Charlie from Novak on this forum, he is known as "Charlie", he is like totally helpful. You can always can them and ask to speak to him directly...leave him a message he calls back within a day.

Last edited by bxpitbull; 09-04-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Schumacher UK distribute SP stuff in the UK - not sure about the rest of the world.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Anybody have tried these stuff before, BL1 replace 540 silver can then BL2 changed from Tamiya black sport tuned?
Could anybody tell me if BL1 are allowed in HK's silver can race?
If is allowable should be unfair for brushed racers, could anybody confirm it?
Attached Thumbnails Speedpassion Brushless.-main02.jpg  
Old 09-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mac853
Anybody have tried these stuff before, BL1 replace 540 silver can then BL2 changed from Tamiya black sport tuned?
Could anybody tell me if BL1 are allowed in HK's silver can race?
If is allowable should be unfair for brushed racers, could anybody confirm it?

This is a new product and has just been released.
You would have ton check if it is allowed for racing at your local track but i doubt it would be allowed.
Its targeted more to the general rc guys and drifters.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by razzor
This is a new product and has just been released.
You would have ton check if it is allowed for racing at your local track but i doubt it would be allowed.
Its targeted more to the general rc guys and drifters.
Anyway in my town will not allow at least until next year.
That's why i want to know the difference between the BR with BL one from HK races result.
If BL are dominant, i am sure organizers will not change the rules to attract newcomers.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Hmmm....interesting another brushless motorbuilder. With 12.500KV it wwould be interesting to use it in 4 or 5cell racing.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Speed Passion users, i am wanting to know which high end ESC fit this brand of motors?
Old 09-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Speed Passion users, i am wanting to know which high end ESC fit this brand of motors?
I'm using Novak GTB with Speed Passion 9.5T. No problems or whatsoever.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What sort of gearing are you running the 9.5 at? Are you running carpet or asphalt? Foam or rubber?
Old 09-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by -KilleR-
I'm using Novak GTB with Speed Passion 9.5T. No problems or whatsoever.
Thanks for reply!
Old 09-30-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Thanks for reply!
No problem. Glad it helped. I even saw some guys at my local track using the same SP 9.5T with LRP Sphere TC Spec.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Are these sensored or sensorless? I like to know if I can use them with my Mamba Max esc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.