R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   pros and cons of XXX-S & TC3 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/17218-pros-cons-xxx-s-tc3.html)

jiggamacdaddy 04-28-2003 11:15 AM

pros and cons of XXX-S & TC3

I was thinking of changing cars from a losi to a associated. I heard the tc3 is more efficent for all classes and was a faster all around car to get setup.but before i made the switch i just wanted to hear some oppinions of what people thought where the advantages between the two cars?;) :nod: :D

teamAE 04-28-2003 11:29 AM

The tc3 is very very fasst when new but after that :ha:. I wen tfrom the tc3 to the losi to the tc3 and back to the losi and stuck with that. It feels just as fast with out all the problems I had with the tc3. The xxx-s will always be very fast and do not have to change much setup day to day.

Cole Trickle 04-28-2003 01:29 PM

The TC3's at our club, have been pretty fragile, that is, broken A-arms and bearings dont last as long as with other cars.

fiisch 04-28-2003 02:02 PM

TC3's fragile? You sure you're talking about THE TC3 from Associated? Only managed to break one wishbone in 8 months racing... and that was from trying to anilhate an armco barrier at West London Circuit!

Brian McGreevy 04-28-2003 02:18 PM

If you're going to be racing stock, DEFINITELY go with the TC3. Despite its obvious acceleration advantage, the TC3 is really easy to get dialed in. Anyone who says the TC3 is fragile needs to learn how to avoid boards...

Ophidian 04-28-2003 04:43 PM

At my club we race in a parking lot and I've seen rocks get stuck in the ackerman jamming the steering of the TC3. Other than that I've seen no problems with the TC3. As the durability issue, I've seen no problems with it.

Aku-Man 04-28-2003 06:27 PM

I have Associated TC3 before. Very nice car, but there are few things I don't like: Very heavy to me for just the car, building shocks are disaster, and not come with carbon chassis for that price.

Bosscat 04-29-2003 05:20 AM

Having run both cars I have to say I prefer the Losi.
I tend to be a bit heavy on my cars that is to say I hit things usually the wall!!! I have been through a few wishbones on the TC3 but only one on the Losi so far. Also the TC3 seemed to have a preference for bending wishbone pivot pins so had to change quite a few of them. Tried running titanium ones but that resulted in a broken wishbone every time so went back to steel even making my own out of suitable rod cut to length. Problem was that if you didn't realise the rod had bent then you got some really strange handling next race. The Losi doesn't seem to have this problem.
At the end of the day the choice is yours of course, there's not much to choose between them or any of the other top line cars for that matter. Its just that some cars suit a persons driving style better than others, trouble you can end up spending a lots of cash to find out which one suits you!!!

jiggamacdaddy 04-29-2003 06:43 AM

i just want to say thanks for all the poast but i have owned a tc3 in the past know mostly what breaks as for it being fragile.wright now i race mod so i was wondering if i could get more comments about the handaling between the two? i know the new factory team has changed alot compared to how the first kits came out and was wondering if somone can tell me what has changed?:D

Brian McGreevy 04-29-2003 01:30 PM

since the TC3 has come out, they have made pads on the chassis for droop screws...the Factory Team kit came out...They made Version II suspension arms w/ two mounting locations, they include the aluminum main driveshaft in teh FT kit, and just recently associated has made the delrin internal gears available to the public. It really is a GREAT car now.

BrianJ 04-29-2003 03:27 PM

Originally posted by Axiom5B
If you're going to be racing stock, DEFINITELY go with the TC3. Despite its obvious acceleration advantage, the TC3 is really easy to get dialed in. Anyone who says the TC3 is fragile needs to learn how to avoid boards...
Brian,What car do you currently run(Losi)and what class do you race mostly(stock T.C.):weird: ...You cant go wrong with either car you choose,just pick one and stick with it!:)

Brian McGreevy 04-29-2003 06:49 PM

Ya but i'm not racing a losi for stock for very long....

howard hudson 04-29-2003 06:55 PM

Originally posted by Axiom5B
since the TC3 has come out, they have made pads on the chassis for droop screws...the Factory Team kit came out...They made Version II suspension arms w/ two mounting locations, they include the aluminum main driveshaft in teh FT kit, and just recently associated has made the delrin internal gears available to the public. It really is a GREAT car now.
you have a part # for thoses gears??

Brian McGreevy 04-29-2003 07:10 PM

Ummm...don't know off hand and haven't seen them on any sites, but they've been in my LHS, i'll look on the wall this weekend. BTW the newer Factory Team kits include those gears as standard :cool:

Kraig 04-30-2003 06:53 AM

The gears are a running change and they are the same part number.