Old 08-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

T1R
T1 EVO 2 FOC (freedom of choice) came with a pivot ball setup

Old 08-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Xray's "R" version is the same thing as the S version of the Cyclone. Nobody bashing HB coming out with a new car when they released the S version... nobody was bashing Tamiya when they released the TA-05 as a low budget car for those who can't afford a TRF415.

Xray had two platforms T1 and the T2. The T1FK05 had some significant change over the original T1 platform but the rest of the "evolutions" were pretty much the same with new hop-up parts... In my count this is three cars over the seven years... I don't see how it is the company's problem if you fell for all the new versions of the same T1 or felt your car to be outdated simply because the new car had a new suspension (C-hub type over the Pivot Ball). T2 and T2007 is kind of the same thing, they decreased the height of the top-deck so what, most of us won't feel the difference anyway...

I believe they won't touch the US version too much and yes the "T2FK08EU" will have some updated parts (5 cell chassis as the most significant) but I expect nothing revolutionary this year...
Old 08-09-2007, 06:21 AM
Tech Initiate

T1R
T1
T1 EVO
T1 EVO 2 FOC
T1 FK04
T1 FK05
T2R
T2
T2 007

fk05 while sharing the T1 name is not actually a T1 as it is a completly different chassis
Old 08-09-2007, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The FK05 was a different layout, but still used a LARGE number of the same parts from the prior cars and was indeed still part of the T1 platform.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if you going to do a max list counting "all" versions, any company could be put on the spot. i'll do an AE example, someone else can do the others

TC3 RTR
TC3
TC3 Factory Team
TC4 RTR
TC4 Team
TC4 Factory Team
TC5

i don't consider the RTR's as versions. all the others i do, because that's how they were released . The Xray R versions and HotBodies S version were released as budget versions of higher end versions that were allready out.

i ran a FT TC3 for the longest time, many cried fowl when the the FT released, after they spent mega $ fixing up their TC3's with hop-up parts. whiners posting about it on threads wasn't as common back then.

if Xray or HPI/HB followed the AE/Losi way of releasing cars a few years back. they would have released the R and S versions first.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Since 2004

Xray

FK'04
FK'05
T2
T2 '007

HPI/Hotbodies

Pro4
Pro4 Hara edition
Cyclone
Cyclone Hara & Surikan editions
Cyclone WCE (Andy Moore)

Tamiya

415MS
415MSX
415MSX refine 2
415MSX MRE
415MSXX
EVO4
EVO4MS
EVO5

AE

TC3
TC4
TC4 FT
TC5

Even Schumacher and Corally had 3 (each) cars in this time frame. Only one mre than Xray. So why is Xray always made the example?

I why don't we ever see this thread?

TAMIYA COMING OUT WITH A NEW KIT or HPI/Hotbodies?

They've had as many as if not more competition kits in the same time. Actually the FK'04 was release before the Pro4.

Last edited by PaintingRoly; 08-09-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

quite simple... there are bunch of x-ray haters on this site.

Buy an x-ray, really it's ok.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

They just hate them because they can't get their setups right.....

LMAO
Old 08-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Losi has had olny 4 cars since 2002, Not counting RTRs

XXX-S
XXX-S G+
JRXS
JRXS TYPE R
Old 08-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtreameracer
T1
T1 EVO
T1 FK04
T1 FK05
T2
T2 007

the fk04 and 05 where still t1 base cars ,
Regardless, every year, they brought out a different car. While the platforms might have been "similar", they marketed them as the latest and greatest.

Last edited by bxpitbull; 08-09-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Default Thats juvenile

Whats with people when something is made mention of and if people arentn kissing up to something they love, then people are haters? XRAY puts out quality products, anyone that hates that is a moron. What people do "hate", is their marketing tactics.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
if you going to do a max list counting "all" versions, any company could be put on the spot. i'll do an AE example, someone else can do the others

TC3 RTR
TC3
TC3 Factory Team
TC4 RTR
TC4 Team
TC4 Factory Team
TC5

i don't consider the RTR's as versions. all the others i do, because that's how they were released . The Xray R versions and HotBodies S version were released as budget versions of higher end versions that were allready out.

i ran a FT TC3 for the longest time, many cried fowl when the the FT released, after they spent mega $ fixing up their TC3's with hop-up parts. whiners posting about it on threads wasn't as common back then.

if Xray or HPI/HB followed the AE/Losi way of releasing cars a few years back. they would have released the R and S versions first.
Until AE came out with the TC5, the only major marketing difference AE used was adding "factory team". If you looked at the TC3, you could see the obvious difference between the RTR, regular an FT. Again, they didnt bring out the cars every YEAR and make it seem like it is the latest and greatest! RTR came built duh, TC3 kit with motor, FT hop ups in kit all released at or around the same time and platform MAINTAINED until the TC4 came out. Then, AE changed the car altogether a year and some change later and mae the TC5. Dont try to use AE or any other brand for direct correlation. NO OTHER manufacturer puts out cars like XRAY and says "this is the latest and greatest". You cant escape the obvious.

There is another company that has been doing the same thing......Apple. Up until the Iphone, they came out with so many "different" types of mp3's that varied oh so slightly, people finally said, "come out with one product that has it all, stop nickel and diming us with features". XRAY does this very same thing.

Last edited by bxpitbull; 08-09-2007 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Until AE came out with the TC5, the only major marketing difference AE used was adding "factory team". If you looked at the TC3, you could see the obvious difference between the RTR, regular an FT. Again, they didnt bring out the cars every YEAR and make it seem like it is the latest and greatest! RTR came built duh, TC3 kit with motor, FT hop ups in kit all released at or around the same time and platform MAINTAINED until the TC4 came out. Then, AE changed the car altogether a year and some change later and mae the TC5. Dont try to use AE or any other brand for direct correlation. NO OTHER manufacturer puts out cars like XRAY and says "this is the latest and greatest". You cant escape the obvious.

There is another company that has been doing the same thing......Apple. Up until the Iphone, they came out with so many "different" types of mp3's that varied oh so slightly, people finally said, "come out with one product that has it all, stop nickel and diming us with features". XRAY does this very same thing.
And ofcourse we are forced into the purchase... Am I crazy or am I one of the few on this site that understands that innovation will always be a part of life. Should we praise a company that does not move forward and crucify one that does? Most of the people that are complaining are not even xray owners?? I myself have not yet mastered my 007 (no where near in fact) so why would I want to upgrade? If I go out and purchase the 008 (if there is such a thing) it would be purely for the bling and the fact that it is the latest and greatest, not because I would perform a great deal better. I understand this, xray is not scamming or fooling me. It's a hobby.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Regardless, every year, they brought out a different car. While the platforms might have been "similar", they marketed them as the latest and greatest.
And they are the Latest and Greatest.

FK04 changed to C-hub from pivot ball. Car was better.
FK05 was almost entirely different, all batts on one side, and lower CG. Car was better.
T2 came out. Obvious changes to suspension geometry, as well as drive shafts. Car is better.
T2 007 came out with refinements to CG, Steering geometry, and multi flex. Car is better.

All the cars are STILL competitive. So, nobody NEEDS to ditch their current car and get the new one.

At least XRay doesn't sit back and think "Yeah we got it and we can't do better". They are constantly testing and trying to improve. whats wrong with that? Oh, and that doesn't come for FREE. They are in the Kit selling business you know. Seems like whatever they are doing is working pretty good for them, wouldn't you say?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.