I HEARD X-RAY IS COMING OUT WITH A NEW CAR IN FALL

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Paco,
I have to disagree with ya....
Most guys running 5 cell are also running brushless. 5 cell in stock and 19T would be silly. My 13.5 hasn't gotten hotter than 145* and that is geared at 4.68FDR so with 5 cell I would have to gear at 2.4 which be impossible with the current TC layouts.
I think what you are going to be seeing come out of Xray is a 5 cell specific chassis, maybe some minor changes to where weight is located at.
For Lipo they would have to come up with a Losi'esck layout to really take advantage of that technology.
I am already running lipo with the 007 and it does just fine. Just have to add weight to the battery and the chassis to balance the car. Heck I had to add enough to balance the chassis left to right and front to rear. It drives just as good as if I was running Nimh, at least to me it does.
-Shookie <><
Will have to wait and see what comes out of RcAmerica...
i ran the 13.5 with 5 cells geared at a 3.8fdr and its just as fast as with 6 cells with less heat(115 degrees), i ran the 10.5 with 5 cells geared at a 4.6FDR and it was faster than my buddies with the same motor with 6 cells geared at a 5.2FDR.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Shookie during your absense of racing, 5 cell has changed racing quite a bit. Big races have adopted 5 cell before Li-Po. Just so you know run Li-Po then follow with NiMH and see that Li-Po is actaully slower. I've noticed the differance myself. How many Pro Racers do you see racing with or even pushing for Li-Po? When I state more room for electronics, I mean to help balance car by swapping receiver, ESC, or something to the battery side. I believe 5 cell is the future.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Its called a hobby.
I like the fact I can take a lipo...let it set for months, come back to it and it will be just as good as when I left it.
Tell me that the same way for Nimh.
I don't race for the glory or even the pretty bowling trophies. I race for fun.
Lipo and brushless have given me that in aces. Nimh is pain to maintenance, so are brushed motors.
My driving skill doesn't require that 1/10 of a sec faster. If I an stay off the dots/boards every lap then we can talk about making my car 1/10th of a sec faster, till then this is a mute point.

And Marcos I don't bench race....what you do and what your buddy does are two different things.
You could be a better driver and bang you will be faster.
I am not here to argue, I simply disagreed with Paco.
But Opinions are like armpits, everyone has a couple and most of them stink...LOL
-Shookie <><
Old 08-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer
I believe 5 cell is the future.
That maybe true....But I hear more people complain about it than really like it.
-Shookie <><
Old 08-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Its called a hobby.
I like the fact I can take a lipo...let it set for months, come back to it and it will be just as good as when I left it.
Lipo and brushless have given me that in aces. Nimh is pain to maintenance, so are brushed motors.
My driving skill doesn't require that 1/10 of a sec faster. If I an stay off the dots/boards every lap then we can talk about making my car 1/10th of a sec faster, till then this is a mute point.

And Marcos I don't bench race....what you do and what your buddy does are two different things.
You could be a better driver and bang you will be faster.
I am not here to argue, I simply disagreed with Paco.
But Opinions are like armpits, everyone has a couple and most of them stink...LOL
-Shookie <><
i dont bench race either i hit the track about 2 -3 times a week and race almost everyweekend and i wasnt arguing , (man people on rc tech take everything way too serious !!)
Old 08-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i dont bench race either i hit the track about 2 -3 times a week and race almost everyweekend and i wasnt arguing , (man people on rc tech take everything way too serious !!)
What is THAT supposed to mean!!!!!!???????

LMAO!! J/K

Brant
Old 08-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by academygaz
Start flexing those rumour fingers...

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...sp%3fid%3d4920
i guess red-linem03 was right and these team x ray guys were wrong!!

Originally Posted by Jim S
there is no new xray comming out

and if there is you will no by the vegas race
Originally Posted by TeamButter
Funny to see all you people get your g-string's in a bunch when you hear or read info from someone who has ZERO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON....

Now, if you want to call this the I hate Xray thread and bash them, go ahead its a free country. But please don't display your ignorance for the whole world to see by posting baseless comments.

There is no "new" touring car coming anytime soon and if there was yo uhave the right not to buy it.

Butter
butter dont get mad see you at kissimmee
Old 08-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by POOKYT
What is THAT supposed to mean!!!!!!???????

LMAO!! J/K

Brant
lol
Old 08-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Tech Champion

Its called a hobby.

-Shookie <><
Shook, we all race for fun. Some just enjoy winning more than others. We try to have fun but when you notice small things that can help you run a bit faster. You try to capitalize on that. I do race for trophies, just wish I could ever win one .

People tune their car to be smoother and more consistant. Some tune motors and condition batteries to be faster. Just being on the track is fun but winning makes it a bit more exciting.

I saw your races at BCR on Saturday and you won two that I saw. Next time we are there If I am in the same race as you. You think you can let me beat you since closer to the top is more of my liking and not a big deal to you ? If winning isn't a big deal, then why practice for the big race? Everybody does it because they want to win. Now winning isn't a moot point.

Good luck in Summer Slam and really glad to see you are racing again.

Make sure you store your Li-Pos with at least 50% charge or they will die just like mine did .

Talk to you later Shook, Paco.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Paco,
See ya Saturday.....Practice is fun too...but win or loose I have fun...Now if the car would just drive it's self...LOL
-Shookie <><
Old 08-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Paco,
See ya Saturday.....Practice is fun too...but win or loose I have fun...Now if the car would just drive it's self...LOL
-Shookie <><
This is the Shookie posts that I like to see.

However, I can't this Saturday as I may race Friday (SoCal) night and Sunday (La Mirada). Wife would not be to happy if I go racing on Saturday too. That doesn't speak for me though.

It may be the two weeks after Summer Slam since my daughter's birthday is the week after the Summer Slam.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You guys have an option to race Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? I am very jealous. You better be enjoying it.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i ran the 13.5 with 5 cells geared at a 3.8fdr and its just as fast as with 6 cells with less heat(115 degrees), i ran the 10.5 with 5 cells geared at a 4.6FDR and it was faster than my buddies with the same motor with 6 cells geared at a 5.2FDR.
Marcos i agree with you... there were a few guys getting some practice in for a race next weekend and they were running 5 cell 13.5 and 4 cell 10.5 and were saying they thought there cars were faster like that. Also the equipment ran alittle cooler, which is always good
Old 08-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by adamge
You guys have an option to race Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? I am very jealous. You better be enjoying it.
Oh trust me, we do enjoy it while we can. What can I say, I'm addicted to R/C.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racersnow
bx, name the NEW cars xray has come out with for the last 7 years

t1
t1 evo2
fk04
fk05
t2
t2007

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.